IGNORED

Flint signs new deal

Super

38 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Strikes me as more of a way of increasing a transfer fee than a show of commitment but that's football! 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

My first thoughts were 'so who's after him in Jan', Good news, but only in reality a years extention. might put a few clubs off now though.

funnily enough I posted this elsewhere and was shouted down for it

This only adds one more season to how long he is contracted to us. And as much as I like Flint, I think we need to upgrade on him sooner rather than later, though isn't the priority right now.

Seeing as he was contracted until 2019 already it wouldn't totally surprise me if this was a contract to help charge extra for him in the upcoming window.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Strikes me as more of a way of increasing a transfer fee than a show of commitment but that's football! 

A bit of both as odd as that sounds...it says both sides are committed to each other unless a really really really good offer comes in with commensurate wages.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Correct, with a fee trigger amount inserted also. Still good news for both parties. We get a guaranteed fee and Flint has another years security. Win,win.

cant see flint going anywhere myself.

wasnt rated at swindon and shut the critics up coming here.

valuable post to build a strong team around which is happening,slowly but surely.

best thing about flint for me is he does his job without getting booked very often,means hes always available to play unless injured which doesnt happen often either.

the fact hes played so many games surely proves his commitment to bcfc? 

doesnt get many cup games off either.

as for those who say he isnt good enough at this level,,every player has a weakness or two,so long as flints are covered i think hes every bit good enough.

longer contract also lets family etc commit to the future,surely a happy home reflects on a player on matchday too?

Archived