IGNORED

"not good enough for City" XI

SecretSam

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Cole Skuse's return to AG tomorrow made me wonder.

I reckon you could put together a pretty decent championship team form players who "weren't good enough" for City.

I'd start with Tom Heaton. Bolasie too.

Any others?

Those 3 wanted to go, Skuse and Heaton after relegation and Bolasie due to lack of playing time.

If you want to name a player who the club off loaded too soon, start the bidding with Bob Taylor.

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Those 3 wanted to go, Skuse and Heaton after relegation and Bolasie due to lack of playing time.

If you want to name a player who the club off loaded too soon, start the bidding with Bob Taylor.

Nooooooooo super Bob....and we replaced him with that donkey Wayne Allison

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We actually replaced him with Dziekanowski.

He scored 8 league goals for us, Allison scored more than 40..

Poor old Super Bob couldn't cut the mustard with us after promotion, did tidy when he left though. Jacki defo not like for like replacing Super. 

Your right to point out Wayne notched a few for us most people remember him for hitting the Leo's sign above the East End!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Dean Gerkin 

Scott Golbourne 

Liam Rosenior

Skuse

Eremenko

Wagstaff

Bolasie

SuperBob

Francis

Kevin Davies

Gertie Meijer 

subs 

Jason Whatisface 

Billy Mercer 

Odemwingie

I thought Kevin Davies turned us down when we bid £300k for him and instead we took his three Chesterfield team mates - Holland, Dyche and Mercer - which sounds like the worst firm of solicitors ever...

Not really a case of him not being good enough for us?!

37 minutes ago, shelts said:

Poor old Super Bob couldn't cut the mustard with us after promotion, did tidy when he left though. Jacki defo not like for like replacing Super. 

Your right to point out Wayne notched a few for us most people remember him for hitting the Leo's sign above the East End!

We played Lord  Bob Almighty when he was injured ,hamstrings , and did n't give him enough time to recover before putting in back into the first team . We nearly ruined his career .

40 minutes ago, shelts said:

The Chief was an ungainly ,awkward player who always gave his all . A top player for us and deserves a lot more credit than the idiots who call him a donkey . Allison in his prime would be a fantastic addition to our present day squad .

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought Kevin Davies turned us down when we bid £300k for him and instead we took his three Chesterfield team mates - Holland, Dyche and Mercer - which sounds like the worst firm of solicitors ever...

Not really a case of him not being good enough for us?!

I think it was more that we had a bid accepted and he promptly scored a hat trick away at Bolton (?) in the cup and the price went up to 1m overnight.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The Chief was an ungainly ,awkward player who always gave his all . A top player for us and deserves a lot more credit than the idiots who call him a donkey . Allison in his prime would be a fantastic addition to our present day squad .

God loves a tryer. Good pro . Would not be a fantastic addition to our squad as technically he wasn't that great and although I'm not a lover of Wilbs unfortunately the Chief was half the player he is. 

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We played Lord  Bob Almighty when he was injured ,hamstrings , and did n't give him enough time to recover before putting in back into the first team . We nearly ruined his career .

It was a sad end to his time here. Will never forget his hat trick away at the Vetch and his injury at Bolton that cost us the championship, a fit Bob and the Rogues from across the City wouldn't of nicked it. Met him a few times and a gent . Bob bob Super bob , super bobby Taylor 

Archived