IGNORED

Dean Radford

sglosbcfc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-38128841

I used to look up to Dean Radford and Matt Bryant at school as they formed a formidable centre back partnership for Hanham High. Radford was snapped up by Southampton very early on and Bryant of course went on to have a good career with City and Gillingham. Sad to hear what went on at Saints and ex pros now telling me lots of people in football knew. Makes it worse in my book that so many knew and did nothing.

Played against him a good few times, in fact at College we lost a final to Hanham, and he scored a free-kick past me (I was GK for College).

I heard this about Dean about 20 years ago when the Alan Brazil trial was going on.

Absolutely shocking, and massive respect to him for bringing this out into the open. Hope it exorcises some demons for him.

17 hours ago, Dean Radford said:

Just read these comments and wanted to say a big thank you. Hard at the moment but just want justice, not just for me but for everyone else. Just reading messages like this helps so much so thanks again xx 

Don't know you Dean

But BIG respect to you

The guts and bravery it must take to speak out & come forward says a lot about you

:clap:

18 hours ago, Dean Radford said:

Just read these comments and wanted to say a big thank you. Hard at the moment but just want justice, not just for me but for everyone else. Just reading messages like this helps so much so thanks again xx 

It is shocking to hear what happened and especially if, as it seems, people in the game knew . By doing nothing, they condoned it and worse if, like Dario Gradi ( allegedly) they and the clubs tried to hush it up by paying families off.

It must have been especially tough suffering in silence and even more so because you were living in a man's world were it would have been so very difficult to speak out. Hopefully now it is out on the open, and realising so many others suffered as you did, helps make the past easier to cope with.

I hope there is some justice, if you look at Jimmy Savile, Cyril Smith, Lord Janner and one or two others it was only properly investigated when they were dead (or in Janner's case senile). As football coaches are not exactly 'establishment' like MPs, hopefully the truth will win out.

I know Dean. Fair play to Deano and all of the players who have spoken out.

Massive respect. Can't begin to imagine how difficult it has been for any young player to suffer abuse. It's sickening. 

What players like Dean and others have done is help victims to have a voice in the future and help to eradicate this abuse from the sport.

Archived