IGNORED

Luke Ayling

kevthered

4 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Leeds are sitting fourth in the table tonight and Luke Ayling been involved in 19 of them as right back (our problem position) I know this subject has been done to death but I was sorry to see him go ....Very hard worker and always gave %100

On train home tonight , change at Leeds. Chatting to a Leeds fan, spoke very highly of Luke and how well he's been playing for them. Was surprised we let him go 

Easy to look back with the power of hindsight. He was exposed multiple times playing for us and towards the end I was sceptical of him- we didn't know at the time that Matthews was going to be made of spit and Kleenex and Little was most likely fundamental in getting Tomlin here. Leeds offered us the money, we took it instead of having 3 RB's and unsettling all of them with constant rotation.

10 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Easy to look back with the power of hindsight. He was exposed multiple times playing for us and towards the end I was sceptical of him- we didn't know at the time that Matthews was going to be made of spit and Kleenex and Little was most likely fundamental in getting Tomlin here. Leeds offered us the money, we took it instead of having 3 RB's and unsettling all of them with constant rotation.

Hindsight is a powerful tool.

He wasn't in LJ's plans, we got a good fee and have 2 rbs after he left. Forget how good they've been, they were deemed better by the current staff and he is gone. The championship is weird. They're in 4th but we beat them. Anyone can beat anyone and I imagine the table from 2nd to 20th will look quite different in may. Focus on what is here rather than what has left. Good player and had his role in a successful time but not part of this team or he'd still be here. No telling how he'd fit with the group here. He fits well at Leeds and he'll get a clap from me when he comes back to AG. It ends there for me 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

On the plus side, people questioning the logic behind letting Ayling go have stopped questioning why we let JET go. And as for letting Cunningham go, these days barely a murmur 

That's all well and good but let's not forget Nicky Hunt. An absolute maestro but hounded out by the few. Had he stayed and continued to craft a partnership with Damion Stewart there's no doubt in my mind we'd be easily in a totally different position to where we find ouserlves now. 

2 hours ago, kevthered said:

Leeds are sitting fourth in the table tonight and Luke Ayling been involved in 19 of them as right back (our problem position) I know this subject has been done to death but I was sorry to see him go ....Very hard worker and always gave %100

Your right, it has been dome to death, move on.

Archived