IGNORED

Bonjovi at AG. Again...

Septic Peg

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

They may need the money but Mani seems to be doing ok with Primal Scream so he's probably ok.

Mani left Primal Scream when the Roses reformed. "You can't ride two bikes with one arse" was I think the way he put it!

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The Specials, Madness and Selecter.

I can but dream.

Would be nice. Get your braces together and your boots on your feet. I've seen all three bands gig in recent years, all are still phenomenal live shows. Though the Specials without Brad (RIP), Nev, Roddy and of course Jerry is not quite such an exciting spectacle, however brilliant they sound. 

9 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

We dont get any decent down these parts ....... and Westpoint only cows oh and Elton god help us

Sometimes there are decent down here Tony, saw Evanescence and Machine Head in Plymouth Pavillions, great acts but don't think they would fill the gate though. Took my mrs and her mate to home park for Rod Stewart. (i buggered off and left them to it) Tickets were £105 each !! :blink:

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Stone Roses were at Glastonbury in 2017 - any band that undertakes a short June 2017 tour is surely warming up for Glasto?!

Emily Eavis has taken the bizarre route of confirming which bands are not playing before confirming the bands that will be this year....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2017-radiohead-daft-punk-stone-roses-headliners-emily-eavis-michael-eavis-a7373021.html

Anyways.... Guns n Roses and Kiss are playing stadiums/arenas this summer and either would do me just fine. Both could sell out and both put on a great show whilst making a hell of a noise.

In my perfect world we would of done it last summer and got AC/DC to do it.

Gonna throw a huge curve ball here...

Perhaps we may also not have an music artist. We may have a comedian. Just announced is Chris Rock who is doing a world tour next summer. I don't for one second think he'll be here - Bristol in the UK is unlikely. But it did make me think. Perhaps someone like Peter Kay or Lee Evans (if they can get him out of retirement) or even Bill Bailey?

45 minutes ago, paignton red said:

Sometimes there are decent down here Tony, saw Evanescence and Machine Head in Plymouth Pavillions, great acts but don't think they would fill the gate though. Took my mrs and her mate to home park for Rod Stewart. (i buggered off and left them to it) Tickets were £105 each !! :blink:

Seams to be getting less of the bands travelling south of Birmingham or west of London they get a few in Cardiff [ Bad Company last month ] but most just do the big shows in London  

31 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Gonna throw a huge curve ball here...

Perhaps we may also not have an music artist. We may have a comedian. Just announced is Chris Rock who is doing a world tour next summer. I don't for one second think he'll be here - Bristol in the UK is unlikely. But it did make me think. Perhaps someone like Peter Kay or Lee Evans (if they can get him out of retirement) or even Bill Bailey?

How about a magician?

18 minutes ago, Super said:

How about a magician?

Heard that Steve Lansdown had enquired about the possibility of getting Billy Smarts to come to the gate, but it was soon realised that it wouldn't be feasible what with having a perminant circus just up the road.

On a serious note, Jeff Lynn's ELO would my pick of groups to have down the Gate.

1 hour ago, redcityman said:

Heard that Steve Lansdown had enquired about the possibility of getting Billy Smarts to come to the gate, but it was soon realised that it wouldn't be feasible what with having a perminant circus just up the road.

On a serious note, Jeff Lynn's ELO would my pick of groups to have down the Gate.

Saw ELO at Glastonbury last year and they were a huge disappointment, they created no atmosphere at all which is just about impossible there. No interaction with the crowd, they played we sang but it was lacking something. They played all the hits and I was surprised how many I knew, but it was a very wooden performance. Out of everybody I've ever seen they have been the most disappointing, certainly wouldn't pay to see them again. 

I'm not knocking your choice, and they were very popular just not a great live band maybe? 

• Admin
54 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just said on radio x that Paul weller is touring next year and playing in Bristol . He could sell out Ashton no problem . 

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why is he playing the Colston Hall then?

Looking at his venues for 2017, clearly downsizing in size of venues he is playing at

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Saw ELO at Glastonbury last year and they were a huge disappointment, they created no atmosphere at all which is just about impossible there. No interaction with the crowd, they played we sang but it was lacking something. They played all the hits and I was surprised how many I knew, but it was a very wooden performance. Out of everybody I've ever seen they have been the most disappointing, certainly wouldn't pay to see them again. 

I'm not knocking your choice, and they were very popular just not a great live band maybe? 

I saw them at the O2, were brilliant! Staging was incredible, Jeff Lynne has never been one for crowd interaction, their music does the talking.

Archived