IGNORED

Bonjovi at AG. Again...

Septic Peg

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Me too, see you there Ha ha. Was lucky enough to see them at Wembley last year and then a week or so later at Glastonbury. 

For my sins I'm off to see Olly Murs at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday, I'm not a huge fan really but I haven't been there before, and it's for Charity.

Yeah yeah...

@RedM will be in the front row, wearing her Olly t-shirt, holding a banner saying 'Love you Olly!' and singing along to Troublemaker cos she knows all the words...

Your secret is safe with us. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, cider-manc said:

RAH is an awesome venue- The sound quality is probably the best you are likely to get in the UK.

But I suppose if you hold a concert in a purposely designed concert hall rather then a hall/football stadium/multipurpose arena/field then thats what you should expect.

Sorry to contradict you but the RAH isn't one of the best venues for sound.  Having had the dubious privilege of going there many times in the 60's and 70s (my parents used to sing there) I remember the flying saucers being put in near the ceiling to help improve the acoustics. In those days I was allowed to explore the building and going up to the Gods was great fun. Over the past 20 years no doubt they've tinkered more with the acoustics. My understanding though is that the best concert hall in Great Britain for sound, and one of the top 3 in the World, is the Birmingham Symphony Hall. It was designed with moving walls to help the acoustics depending on the type of music.  Whilst I haven't been to a gig I did have the privilege of going inside it. You could hear a proverbial pin drop. The simple clicking of my fingers revealed just how great the sound was in an empty hall.

I used to be a radio presenter and have been involved with loads of outside broadcasts including mixing. The Symphony Hall deserves its accolades. 

However, it can't hold a tennis tournament so the RAH, and all my memories of my childhood there, wins big time. 

22 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Sorry to contradict you but the RAH isn't one of the best venues for sound.  Having had the dubious privilege of going there many times in the 60's and 70s (my parents used to sing there) I remember the flying saucers being put in near the ceiling to help improve the acoustics. In those days I was allowed to explore the building and going up to the Gods was great fun. Over the past 20 years no doubt they've tinkered more with the acoustics. My understanding though is that the best concert hall in Great Britain for sound, and one of the top 3 in the World, is the Birmingham Symphony Hall. It was designed with moving walls to help the acoustics depending on the type of music.  Whilst I haven't been to a gig I did have the privilege of going inside it. You could hear a proverbial pin drop. The simple clicking of my fingers revealed just how great the sound was in an empty hall.

I used to be a radio presenter and have been involved with loads of outside broadcasts including mixing. The Symphony Hall deserves its accolades. 

However, it can't hold a tennis tournament so the RAH, and all my memories of my childhood there, wins big time. 

Fair enough, I've only been the RAH twice but both times within the last couple of years- but thought the sound was awesome on both occasions (I am used to the shocking sound provided by Manchester academy and the Manchester arena mind...) 

22 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

St George's Hall is very good for acoustics I believe, seen a few acts there and sound was awesome

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

St George's Hall is very good for acoustics I believe, seen a few acts there and sound was awesome

Only ever been there for a Tracey Thorne book launch, but to be fair , I could hear every word she said :blush2:

On 08/12/2016 at 00:26, RedLionLad said:

That all creates a bigger demand for tickets.......and we all know what that means.

A guaranteed Full House at any ticket price with less outlay to begin with. Clever stuff if you ask me.

I've seen PW several times too. I stopped though when he started wearing Lycra, riding a bike and advertising Skodas.

Archived