IGNORED

City's Worst Ever XI

Unan

45 minutes ago, Griffin said:

What would you say is City's worst ever XI/worst since you've been watching?

First half of L1 with SOD, leaving us in 22nd with just two wins in 18 matches, has to be the worst for me but I'm only a youngun.

Considerably better than the side we went down with.

7 minutes ago, elruli said:

Ian leigh

Brian Mitchell

Gus ceaser

David Thompson

Ryan mcgovern

Gordon owen

Garry emmanual

Colin loss

Phil barber

Bas savage

Graham withey

Beat that and I would be surprised. They were individually awful. 

Who the hell is Graham Withey?

quick wiki check, played for a lot of some shite teams

Whithey? Ex gas, went to Coventry and was crap. Forgot about hunt and Stanley,  scott mcgarvies best mate. Owen was crap. He replaced Howard Pritchard,  couldn't cross and missed two penalties on the trot. He nearly hit the corner flag against Swindon and then missed against Manfield at Wembley. 

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Who the hell is Graham Withey?

quick wiki check, played for a lot of some shite teams

I went to school with him, City fan that happened to play for some shit teams ..... and us.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or Gary Stanley?

This , a thousand times this ^^^^^^^

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Stanley only played ten times for us, it seemed like a lot more at the time!

I remember him being on the bench for one game, and as he stood to warm up a loud shout of "sit down Stanley" went up. It may be a false memory but I swear he did sit back down.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bit unfair on Gordon Owen IMO.

Totally agree - I'm sure the 2 missed pens have left people with twisted memories !!

I actually thought he was decent and caused chaos for opp defences , a bit Junior Bent like insomuch the final product didn't always match what went before

11 goals in 53 games pretty impressive for a winger 

16 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gordon Owen really. he was  a decent winger had a bad time towards the end of his time with us. 

He was never really the same after his bad injury either. I got chucked out at Carlisle soon after his comeback when one of their thugs kicked him up in the air and I went mental. Copper threw me out but a steward let me back in when I told him why I was so angry! I think we won 2-1 too.

The worst team I've ever seen was the team relegated under mckiness and o'driscol. For me got considerably worse under o'driscol. No fight in the team what so ever and went down with a whimper. I remember turning up to games knowing we were going to lose 2 or 3 nil before a ball was kicked, against some crap teams too

Archived