IGNORED

Starting 11 on Tuesday

JasonM88

I've found it very difficult to predict LJ's line-ups this season, but i'm also a believer that consistency helps breed confidence. Chopping and changing not only the formation but the players as well isn't going to benefit anyone.

I think the biggest problem that we have right now is the back four don't have much confidence in our keeper, be it Frankie or R O'D. Conceding far too many goals, and giving teams head starts. Midfield and attacking wise we are still creating plenty of chances, we just need to be more clinical in front of goal and we'll be fine. I think keeping a consistent back 5 is of utmost importance at the moment.

I'd stick with:

Fielding 

Matthews  Flint  Magnusson  Golbourne

I'd revert back to Abraham being the lone striker but he needs more help from the wide men to get that ball into the areas that he scored so many from early on in the season. I'd quite like to see this:

O'Neil

Reid                 Tomlin

Paterson                                Freeman

Abraham

Round pegs in round holes as they say, yes go 4-4-2/3-5-2/3-4-3 or whatever if we need to chase the game.

On 10/12/2016 at 18:53, JonDolman said:

How on earth do people know Lucic is better than Franke?

They don't, but he has had game time with the first team, albeit limited, he did a decent job. He's had pretty good reviews from his performances in the U23s, and has been promoted to the bench at the expense of a goalkeeper who began this season as our No.1 choice. Add to that what has been said about him in interviews by our manager and other staff members, and it's quite clear to see he's highly rated and has the potential to achieve something at the club.

Neither of our 'senior' goalkeepers have covered themselves in glory recently (Frankie to be fair to him has made good saves, but add his poor distribution to his mistakes last match), so I think what some fans are calling for is for Lucic to get a shot at establishing himself. I'd stick with Frankie myself for now, but it's not a ludicrous suggestion to give a highly rated young keeper a chance to show what he can do when our other options aren't performing consistently.

I've said in the past that I'm not sold on Fielding as a long-term solution but I also don't think we should drop him tomorrow.  I think sometimes the best thing when a player makes a mistake is to give them an immediate chance to put things right and I don't think it'd be good for his confidence if we drop him tomorrow and don't give him a chance to make amends.  And with ROD out of favour, we need Fielding as an option if we do try Lucic and that doesn't work out.

If Fielding does make another major error in the next few games it may be time to drop him but I don't think keepers should be dropped off the back of one mistake.

In terms of the rest of the team, I'd like to see a 4-1-2-1-2 as others have suggested.  However I'd like to see the midfield being Brownhill, Reid, Pack and Tomlin.

For me:

(4-2-3-1)

GK: Fielding (we can't be dropping someone every time they make an individual mistake)

RB: Matthews

CB: Flint

CB: Magnusson

LB: Golbourne

CM: O'Neil

CM: Pack

LW: Freeman (I'm old fashioned - left footer on the left)

10: Tomlin / Reid (I'd have these two interchanging. They bring the best out in each other and are the two that 'make things happen' for us in the final third)

RW: Reid / Tomlin

ST: Abraham

Cut out the aimless hoofball and get our ball players in the game. Reid absolutely has to play.

ROD    
  Moore Flint Mags  
Matthews       Bryan
  Reid   GON  
    Tomlin    
  Gustav   Tammy  

ROD > Fielding
Taylor Moore has looked class so far to me
Bryan has been poor at LB and poor at LW this season, lets get him back to the position he made his own.
Reid needs to be back in the team ASAP.
Last couple of games have shown Tomlin is wasted out wide.
For the love of God get Gustav on, I've been very impressed in his cameos to date, most notably against Hull.

p.s. I'm well aware this team will never ever happen... shame

5 minutes ago, Kotsy said:
    ROD    
  Moore Flint Mags  
Matthews       Bryan
  Reid   GON  
    Tomlin    
  Gustav   Tammy  

ROD > Fielding
Taylor Moore has looked class so far to me
Bryan has been poor at LB and poor at LW this season, lets get him back to the position he made his own.
Reid needs to be back in the team ASAP.
Last couple of games have shown Tomlin is wasted out wide.
For the love of God get Gustav on, I've been very impressed in his cameos to date, most notably against Hull.

p.s. I'm well aware this team will never ever happen... shame

I think Lord Lucan has A better chance of a start that this Gustav chap!!!

He MIGHT get a sniff it Tammy got injured first minute, Wilbs came on and then pulled a muscle after 5!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:01, JonDolman said:

So anyones better than him now after one bad performance? Doesn't matter who the other goalie is, just anyone other than Frankie.  

i think frankie is a great shot stopper and has many good qualities, but to say it is only one bad game is being very generous

All keepers make mistakes, won't be the last, cerftainly not the first. Another one in the next two games and I think you have to think about changing things.

On Saturday the real issue throughout the whole game was the midfield. Korey is a shadow of his former self, the back pass to Frankie was between the posts and kicked at pace, schoolboy error. Pack should have lumped the ball rather than get caught in possession for the first, surely they were briefed about the Huddersfield pressing game? Tomlin had one of those games where he lost interest, closing was woefull, he went on a couple of dazzling runs in the second half but kept the ball too long, I don't think he is a luxury we can afford when he is one of those moods.

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Lucic/Fielding

Matthews Flint Hordur Golbourne 

O'Neil 

Pack    Smith    Bryan

Reid

Tammy

Two keepers, good idea...............or maybe not, they'd probably bump into each other and get knocked out, in the 93rd minute, and the Bees would roll in the winner.

Archived