IGNORED

Feel sorry for Brenford

phantom

• Admin

Just reading on their forum that there tickets for tonight went off sale at 2pm yesterday

By all accounts this was a decision taken by Brentford, but considering they have sold just under 600 of the 1500 allocation it amazes me that there is no POTD.

Reading a couple of fans are now able to go, but are unable to get tickets - assume there is nothing that can be done @AdamB?

One interesting thing, they have free coach travel tonight

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just reading on their forum that there tickets for tonight went off sale at 2pm yesterday

By all accounts this was a decision taken by Brentford, but considering they have sold just under 600 of the 1500 allocation it amazes me that there is no POTD.

Reading a couple of fans are now able to go, but are unable to get tickets - assume there is nothing that can be done @AdamB?

Hopefully, they'll feel they've dodged a bullet after tonight's result !:cool:

Many thanks Phantom for posting this. I am one of the Bees fans that realised 3 of us could make the game today at late notice. I am an ex season ticket holder over from Philippines for xmas. Unfortunately for some reason Brentford sent their unsold tickets back yesterday for some reason. On calling Bristol City ticket office they said there was nothing could be done. For the record we would be coming from Derbyshire if there was any chance of getting in the game. We didnt want to go down the going in the home end route.

41 minutes ago, JolliBee said:

Many thanks Phantom for posting this. I am one of the Bees fans that realised 3 of us could make the game today at late notice. I am an ex season ticket holder over from Philippines for xmas. Unfortunately for some reason Brentford sent their unsold tickets back yesterday for some reason. On calling Bristol City ticket office they said there was nothing could be done. For the record we would be coming from Derbyshire if there was any chance of getting in the game. We didnt want to go down the going in the home end route.

Come on @AdamB, surely common sense should prevail. Otherwise give the 3 of them the upper tier of the lansdown.

34 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Come on @AdamB, surely common sense should prevail. Otherwise give the 3 of them the upper tier of the lansdown.

Well we are heading off from Derbyshire now. Me my brother and the gf and hopefully something will turn up as my games are really limited living in Philippines so worth a go. Thanks for trying to help guys, really appreciated.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Also the M32 will be shut from 9pm according to the OS

32 minutes ago, JolliBee said:

Well we are heading off from Derbyshire now. Me my brother and the gf and hopefully something will turn up as my games are really limited living in Philippines so worth a go. Thanks for trying to help guys, really appreciated.

Good luck mate and safe journey down.

20 minutes ago, JolliBee said:

The crazy part is that Leeds away on Saturday allow POTD but they are charging an extra fiver for the pleasure. So its 42 quid for POTD to watch little old Brentford although we have tickets already for that one

£42 for an away ticket in the Championship is obscene.

10 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Not quite 42 but it's £41 for a ticket in the West Stand against Cardiff. I'm guessing that's POTD but that's pretty much a disgrace as well

Not POTD, it's non-member advance price. To be fair, they're the best seats in the house, it's a brand new stand, and there are plenty of cheaper options available - unlike the Leeds away ticket.

But nonethelesss I do fully agree that it is still too much.

Forest always seem to charge 'extra' on the day, not sure if it's just for away supporters? I can remember Mansfield claiming that they didn't do reduced prices for children last time we were there. (Like the gas they got their comeuppance a few years later!)

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not POTD, it's non-member advance price. To be fair, they're the best seats in the house, it's a brand new stand, and there are plenty of cheaper options available - unlike the Leeds away ticket.

But nonethelesss I do fully agree that it is still too much.

Thanks for that, I wasn't 100% sure about the POTD.

In regards to Leeds and other clubs mind, its cheaper for away fans to watch PL games then it is in the 2nd tier due to the £30 cap put in place, surely the Championship can also adhere to this? Maybe a little cheaper than that. The argument could be made that the PL makes a tonne of cash and each team gets a fair wedge but it sucks for fans in our league to shell out for games away at Leeds, Ipswich, Wednesday etc.

Archived