IGNORED

Team for Saturday

Davefevs

Back to basics....you're the boss - pick your best team in what you think our best formation is, no sentimentality.  Win or you get sacked!  I'm assuming Frankie's ribs are just bruised, and Gary O'Neil's toe is up to it

Frank Fielding

Adam Matthews, Aden Flint, Hordur Magnússon, Scott Golbourne

Bobby Reid, Gary O'Neil

Luke Freeman, Lee Tomlin, Callum O'Dowda

Tammy Abraham

Subs:

Ivan Lucic, Taylor Moore, Josh Brownhill, Marlon Pack (harsh - but I want Reid and O'Neil), Jamie Paterson, Gustav Engvall, Aaron Wilbraham

No-one has made the Left Wing/Forward position their own, so COD deserves his chance.

Not a cat in hells chance LJ will name this, but who cares! :P

I like Reid and O'Neil in midfield. Gone right off Smith and pairing him with Pack was a bad move. No forward movement, static and just slow. But Pack can do a job but not with Smith. I'm a fan of O'Dowda but has to be on the left wing cos he's like a fish out of water on the right. I thought Enkvall looked lively when he came on so wouldn't be sorry to see him start or at least have the final 20/30 minutes. He looked as sharp as Hogan but must be given time on the pitch. You've not mentioned Smith or Bryan. Don't blame you mind.

10 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

I like Reid and O'Neil in midfield. Gone right off Smith and pairing him with Pack was a bad move. No forward movement, static and just slow. But Pack can do a job but not with Smith. I'm a fan of O'Dowda but has to be on the left wing cos he's like a fish out of water on the right. I thought Enkvall looked lively when he came on so wouldn't be sorry to see him start or at least have the final 20/30 minutes. He looked as sharp as Hogan but must be given time on the pitch. You've not mentioned Smith or Bryan. Don't blame you mind.

Is this a joke?

Fielding/Lucic

moore flint mags

Matthews pack reid odowda

Tomlin

tammy engvall

3412 for me. Need to pack the midfield to gain control of the game. This is also the only way we can cope with two up top otherwise we are powderpuff in midfield. 

GON is injured so maybe could start if not. Tomlin has to play central and further forward. 

I see Preston used 532 tonight at forest so interesting to see if they do that again. 

I am expecting another bore if i am honest. 

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

O'Neil has a hamstring injury so he won't be available for a few matches. This simplifies things a bit, but trying to guess which team and formation LJ will select is mission impossible. 

Ok, in which case Pack, in for him, and Smith scrapes in on the bench.

44 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Thank goodness you put everyone's first names so we know who you mean!

Fielding

Matthews Flint Mag Golbourne

Brownhill Pack Reid

.      Tomlin.    Engvall

.           Abraham

Ha ha.  I got criticised for using initials once, and you'd be surprised at some of our squad members I've left out :P

Booby Reid

Tomlinson

Patterson

O'Neall

Goldburns

Bryant

O'Donald

Elkstrund

McClusky

Fielding/Lucic

Matthews        Flint           Magnusson      Bryan

Pack                Smith

Reid                Tomlin             O'dowda

Abraham/Engvall

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Fielding/Lucic

moore flint mags

Tomlin

tammy engvall

3412 for me. Need to pack the midfield to gain control of the game. This is also the only way we can cope with two up top otherwise we are powderpuff in midfield. 

GON is injured so maybe could start if not. Tomlin has to play central and further forward. 

I see Preston used 532 tonight at forest so interesting to see if they do that again. 

this is the side for me but I think we can sneak a couple of more players in but I do like the idea of two keepers not sure if its been tried before.

8 hours ago, nickolas said:

Fielding/Lucic

moore flint mags

Tomlin

tammy engvall

You've talked about packing the midfield but only Marlon is an out and out midfielder. Bobby Reid is an attacking midfielder but you have not included Brownhill, O'Neil or Smith.

you also said you expect another bore, surely you are not saying that Tuesday night was boring? It was like playground football. If Hogan and Tammy had their shooting boots on it could easily have been 6-6.

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I would like to see Girolamo in the team

Good shout. Soothing for scraged knees on the hard surface this time of year.

BTW, the correct spelling is Germolene. Duh !!

Lukic

Moore - Flint - Magnusson

Matthews - Pack - Reid - Golborne

Engvall - Abraham - Tomlin

The back four pick them selves. The goalkeeper is any one from three although I was amazed FF started on Tuesday

The obvious team is

Fit Goalkeeper

Goldbournes

Magnusson

Flint

Matthews

Bryan

GON

Pack

Freeman

Tomlin

Abraham

However basing this on round pegs in round holes and what we have available that the average bloke can see and the need for stability. Thus expect something completely different and to be frank who knows who is doing what in training  

For me could play 4 at the back, or 3... CRUCIALLY either way with only 1 holding midfielder and Tomlin playing No.10, so:

FF/Lucic

Mathews / Flint / Maggers / Golbourne

Pack

Reid                                  Freeman

Tomlin

Tammy           Engval/Wilbs

OR..............................................................

FF/Lucic

Moore       Flint    Maggers

Mathews    Reid     Pack     Freeman     Bryan

Tomlin

Tammy

Lucic

Matthews   Flint   Magnusson Golbourne

Reid      Pack

Paterson    Tomlin      Freeman

Abraham

O Donnell, Moore, Bryan, Smith, De Girolomo, Engvall, Wilbraham 

Its easier for me yo say who I would leave out from Tuesday's team, no place for Joe. No place for Korey. Chuck the other starters in a pot and pull them out.

seriously the OP has probably got the closest team to what I think will happen, but Pack instead of the likely injured O'Neill

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

What day did they announce GoN was injured? And did they say it was a hamstring and not toe?

Tuesday, heard it in the car going to the match. Said it was a hamstring tear. After the match they (caller/presenter) were saying it was a grade 1 tear, but couldn't remember if that was the most severe or least, graded one to four/five I think they said. Then I read somewhere yesterday it was 'only' a grade one, the least severe, might only be out for days

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Tuesday, heard it in the car going to the match. Said it was a hamstring tear. After the match they were saying it was a grade 1 tear, but couldn't remember if that was the most severe or least, graded one to four/five I think they said. Then I read somewhere yesterday it was 'only' a grade one, the least severe, might only be out for days

Interesting...thanks for the info. It'll be very interesting to see when he eventually plays for us again.

Archived