IGNORED

Apologies for delay

Mkelly

I've put this post in the Q&A section for @Mkellybut as its not really a place for discussion and this thread has evolved into that, I just wondered what people think?

"Can seat numbers be added to concourse signs please

Let me explain. Once again on Saturday 10 minutes into the match a whole row of people in the Dolman stand had to move, ie stand up causing disruption to the row behind too, as someone didn't know which end was the easiest to access their seat. They had seat 5 for example and entered from the end containing seat 30 or whatever the highest seat is. As you know the legroom is poor in the Dolman compared to the new stands and this causes great inconvience especially as two minutes later someone else does the same!!!

This could be so easily avoided. At other grounds, Fulham for example, the signs in the concourses have seat numbers written on them. Eg we would have E25 seats 1-15 on one sign and E25 seats 16-30 on the other.

Of course this won't stop everyone, and it's only really a problem once the game has started as such. Obviously these people aren't doing this to cause disruption but through a lack of information. If you aren't going to have stewards directing people then you need signs."

On 16/12/2016 at 07:28, Mkelly said:

Sorry it's taken a while to reply.   I have had some tech issues which are now sorted.

Good to see that on a whole the stadium is working for the majority of our fans.

The operations team are starting to settle and get more consistent, the fan zone is going down very well. Both the club and the police are really pleased to see mixed fans pre game.

The lights on during a game is simething that I'm working on to resolve.

We continue to challenge the risk assessment on adding more bars and some table units in the concourse.  The chip shop was vetoed by the fire service for now (sorry @Bristol Rob)

The sports bar seems to work well now. Would be good to know if anybody has any ideas on how to evolve for match day ?

We will start conversations in the new year with S82 on next season.

I have met a few Sc&t reps to discuss a bar for next season.

Happy to take any feedback on where we can improve on this thread and will review where possible and reasonable.

Thank you for ongoing support.

Mark 

Morning Mark

All seems to be working well within the stadium but the club has a major issue that is a MUST to get sorted for the 2017/18 season. 

The atmosphere continues to get worse. This down to the teams recent poor form and that the only area with any atmosphere is the small amount of home fans in the Atyeo stand. 

This has to change. Even the lads and lasses in that area are willing to move to a part of the stadium where a superb singing atmosphere can be created. 

The Atyeo must become away fans only even if on occasions the following is small. That's tough on the away team not us!!!

We have seen some big away followings that create some serious noise which is bound to be helping their team. 

Or would it be out of order to put away fans in the top of the Lansdown out the way and make the Atyeo all home fans?

Personally I really don't now how this is going to be achieved, hence it's something that you guys can discuss early to make sure something happens. 

Leaving it as it is i believe and many thousands more is not an option 

The proof is when City take big followings away from home the atmosphere they create is simply brilliant. 

Its for the club to make this happen at Ashton Gate. 

19 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Wow, you really find the time to watch football do you? P[es Teas, Guinness, bright advertising, hot water, dryers, Agggghhhhhh... 

Yes. I do all that before the game or at half time. Except the bright bit. That stops me watching football.

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Morning Mark

All seems to be working well within the stadium but the club has a major issue that is a MUST to get sorted for the 2017/18 season. 

The atmosphere continues to get worse. This down to the teams recent poor form and that the only area with any atmosphere is the small amount of home fans in the Atyeo stand. 

This has to change. Even the lads and lasses in that area are willing to move to a part of the stadium where a superb singing atmosphere can be created. 

The Atyeo must become away fans only even if on occasions the following is small. That's tough on the away team not us!!!

We have seen some big away followings that create some serious noise which is bound to be helping their team. 

Or would it be out of order to put away fans in the top of the Lansdown out the way and make the Atyeo all home fans?

Personally I really don't now how this is going to be achieved, hence it's something that you guys can discuss early to make sure something happens. 

Leaving it as it is i believe and many thousands more is not an option 

The proof is when City take big followings away from home the atmosphere they create is simply brilliant. 

Its for the club to make this happen at Ashton Gate. 

The work of Section 82 is brilliant, but I can't help but feel they would be better placed behind the South Stand goal. Then those that are less inclined to go full ultra throttle for 90 minutes may feed off their vibes and thus improve the atmosphere all round. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

PLEASE DON'T FORGET

THERE IS ALREADY A Q&A THREAD

IN PLACE WHERE QUESTIONS CAN BE RAISED 

Mark, I use this forum regularly and never even knew there was a Q&A section, so I've just had a look.

Not easy to find. I think most visitors just look on 'football chat'.

• Admin
23 hours ago, Robbored said:

Another question is the shop!

Almost everyone agrees that it's way too small and therefore cramped with a limited range. It's very difficult to browse in there.

Compared to other modern stadiums it's a bit pathetic and a missed opportunity to maximise sales.

Any discussions about relocating or revamping the shop?

Someone suggested a while back on here expanding the shop into the cafe area and moving the cafe into the bar and grill during the day. 

@Robbored

• Admin
21 hours ago, Avalanche said:

Maybe most of this has already been mentioned, but some of this little lot has annoyed me ever since moving over to the South Stand:

1. Can someone turn out the lights during the games please?

21 hours ago, Avalanche said:

3. Can the pitch side advert videos be turned down a little - they're just sooooo bright. I've taken, I kid you not, to wearing my sunglasses inside Ashton Gate so I can see the football match :cool:

• Admin
27 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Mark, I use this forum regularly and never even knew there was a Q&A section, so I've just had a look.

Not easy to find. I think most visitors just look on 'football chat'.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Phantom - I never remember to check the Q&A forum 

Not sure what to suggest to not only you both, but assume this will be an issue for other users too?

This thread is a prime example of why the Q&A section was originally set up for Dave Lloyd, in that multiple / similar questions were asked, and then they were lost within the thread - ironically it was also left as a source of information so that if someone had a question they could see if it had been asked in the past or not?

All the questions that were in this thread have now been moved across to the Q&A sub forum - mainly as there were similar questions asked, so much easier for Mark if they are all in one place

If anyone has any NEW questions head over to here http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/forum/53-match-daystadium-qa/

How about a £20 voucher in the club shop for the many dual season ticket holders still getting ripped off every football and rugby game as seemingly nobody knows  a 20% discount should apply !!

Love what the club is doing but advertising something and then not giving it is nothing short of a disgrace and the club should admit the 20% won't happen and compensate !!

19 minutes ago, Neo said:

How about a £20 voucher in the club shop for the many dual season ticket holders still getting ripped off every football and rugby game as seemingly nobody knows  a 20% discount should apply !!

Love what the club is doing but advertising something and then not giving it is nothing short of a disgrace and the club should admit the 20% won't happen and compensate !!

Vouchers? City?

My spidey senses detect a theme.

11 hours ago, Avalanche said:

The work of Section 82 is brilliant, but I can't help but feel they would be better placed behind the South Stand goal. Then those that are less inclined to go full ultra throttle for 90 minutes may feed off their vibes and thus improve the atmosphere all round. 

What about those who sit behind the goal in the SS already? :sad26:

(They won't be able to stand in the SS - until safe standing is installed)

11 hours ago, Avalanche said:

34 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What about those who sit behind the goal in the SS already? :sad26:

(They won't be able to stand in the SS - until safe standing is installed)

There is also another slight problem. The last home game I was told that the people in the security box made a request to the stewards if they could go into the atyeo and ask the fans to keep the noise down. This is no joke

23 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

There is also another slight problem. The last home game I was told that the people in the security box made a request to the stewards if they could go into the atyeo and ask the fans to keep the noise down. This is no joke

I'm sure @JulieH can debunk this as nonsense for us! 

7 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Coming from 3 senior stewards it was no nonsense. I don't expect it was from the police, it was more to do with the head of security in the control room. 

We had a steward 'eye-balling' us, all through a game recently, because a guy in our group 'shouts really loudly'. There was no swearing, you can just hear him above everyone else. :blink:

I was on duty for both Preston, Ipswich and Brighton home games and I am not aware of this request being made by the head of safety on any of these games!

we have a police liaison officer in the control room during match days and there was no instructions to stewards asking fans to keep the noise down.

the only game this happened at was Brighton during the minutes silence for Remembrance Day.

hope this helps!!

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

I was on duty for both Preston, Ipswich and Brighton home games and I am not aware of this request being made by the head of safety on any of these games!

we have a police liaison officer in the control room during match days and there was no instructions to stewards asking fans to keep the noise down.

the only game this happened at was Brighton during the minutes silence for Remembrance Day.

hope this helps!!

at any matches is there a policy of not shouting ? when there are young children near me I try to control the swearing. what is the policy on this?

There in no strict policy for shouting, stewards and eventually police tend to become involved if the shouting is abusive, racist or offensive. Stewards can act as a result of complaints or just their own observations. Generally advice is given, however if it continues and the advice not followed they can he ejected/ arrested/prosecuted dependant on level of 'shouting'.

i personally enjoy the atmosphere when chanting and singing is louder, makes the time go quicker!!!

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

There in no strict policy for shouting, stewards and eventually police tend to become involved if the shouting is abusive, racist or offensive. Stewards can act as a result of complaints or just their own observations. Generally advice is given, however if it continues and the advice not followed they can he ejected/ arrested/prosecuted dependant on level of 'shouting'.

i personally enjoy the atmosphere when chanting and singing is louder, makes the time go quicker!!!

If you liked things when the atmosphere made things go faster, I'm even more amazed that the 'stolen drumstick' never made Crimewatch!

That drummer could have turned a death march in to a rave classic at his his speed.

Archived