IGNORED

Low lights in...

old_eastender

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Crap goalkeeping but he shouldn't have gotten in to begin with. Magnusson goes charging in like a kid on FIFA, if he drops off and holds his ground he doesn't get in. 

Agree. Magnusson, ONeil and Lucic in equal measures badly let us down at that phase of play. 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The PNE score 'stood him up' and is yards quicker than G'ON, once he shifts the ball he has no chance ( other than try and give away a penalty). . I would be more concerned about our keeper to tbh.

How he is keeping O'Donnell out the side I don't know. I'm not one to judge players quickly but if he has a successul career at this level or above I'll be amazed. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

How he is keeping O'Donnell out the side I don't know. I'm not one to judge players quickly but if he has a successul career at this level or above I'll be amazed. 

I think he will have one, but not ready for now. For me he needs to go out on loan in January. Come August he might be ready or ready to be in contention but right now he's too wet behind the ears. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The PNE score 'stood him up' and is yards quicker than G'ON, once he shifts the ball he has no chance ( other than try and give away a penalty). . I would be more concerned about our keeper to tbh.

Poor keeping and stemmed from a poor kick. He took every goal kick short until PNE players finally clicked in the 85th minute and marked all our defenders... Poor kick barely reaches half way and leads to the winner. 

Clearly a weak kicker and that will be sussed out quickly by other teams if he's a fixture in our team. 

I'm going to defend Lucic slightly here, having been in line with it real time and seeing the highlights Lucic has read what the Preston player was going to do! Unfortunately for him and us he's mis hit it and it's gone in, literally could have gone anywhere but with our luck st the moment it's fallen badly for us...

Yes in hindsight he should have saved it but it's a learning curve!

4 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

I'm going to defend Lucic slightly here, having been in line with it real time and seeing the highlights Lucic has read what the Preston player was going to do! Unfortunately for him and us he's mis hit it and it's gone in, literally could have gone anywhere but with our luck st the moment it's fallen badly for us...

On the highlights 2nd looked like it deflected off the defender? Take it that isn't correct given nobody else has said it?

11 hours ago, steveybadger said:

On the highlights 2nd looked like it deflected off the defender? Take it that isn't correct given nobody else has said it?

Watching it again I think the PNE player totally miss kicked it and it sliced off the outside of his right foot . It looks like his intention was to pull it back for someone else!

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

How he is keeping O'Donnell out the side I don't know. 

Because managers/coaches tend to, mostly, favour their "own" players, the ones they recruited, not the previous incumbent. That, and ROD has already cost us a fair few goals and points; Lucic has only just begun to....

35 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Complete miss hit for the winner.

Annoyed they haven't shown the penalty incident with Tammy in the first half. If it was a pen then a sending off would have to us followed. If there was no contact then you would have to ask questions of Tammy. Guess we will never know!

Again being in line with this it looked a definite penalty! The problem I think was Tammy tried to stay on his feet, if he goes down straight away the ref gives it, but because of the delayed fall when he eventually lost balance the ref obviously felt it wasn't, how the linesman didn't see it though I don't know!! 

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Crap goalkeeping but he shouldn't have gotten in to begin with. Magnusson goes charging in like a kid on FIFA, if he drops off and holds his ground he doesn't get in. 

Bit harsh to blame Magnusson imo. Yes he could have taken him down from behind and maybe got caught a bit flat footed. It was only just in our half though and not necessarily looking desperate enough to resort to that.

18 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

15 hours ago, hodge said:

Have to agree, Johnson isn't intending to shoot there and Lucic has read what he's doing looking to intercept a cross, unluckily for him Johnson has totally mishit it. 

Yep, was totally in line in wheelchair section A4....it was a horrible mishit with his standing foot.  GON was right to show him onto his right peg, but didn't get close enough to him.

It so easy to be critical. Had their player not mishit it and Lucic had reacted like he did and caught the cross we would be applauding him. It's one of those things that happen when things are going wrong for you. He's a good keeper who will only get better. So you diehard away fans give him a special big City cheer when he gets on the pitch on Saturday. He will be a top keeper. 

Archived