IGNORED

Wilbraham

MyBrotherErnie

Seen a lot of justified negativity on here about yesterday, but I thought I'd raise one of the few positives: Wilbraham. Whenever he's played this season he's been an absolute machine, scoring and holding up the ball excellently. I think we should consider starting him against Wolves, as he would be invaluable in occupying their defence. 

10 hours ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

Seen a lot of justified negativity on here about yesterday, but I thought I'd raise one of the few positives: Wilbraham. Whenever he's played this season he's been an absolute machine, scoring and holding up the ball excellently. I think we should consider starting him against Wolves, as he would be invaluable in occupying their defence. 

Yes reckon he will start at wolves  Then a rest at Ipswich , But then back to cause problems  for Reading !  On a side note any body else notice virtually all his goals are against North West teams ?   Preston Blackburn Burnley Oldham Wigan Bolton  Wolves (  Last Season)

5 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Yes reckon he will start at wolves  Then a rest at Ipswich , But then back to cause problems  for Reading !  On a side note any body else notice virtually all his goals are against North West teams ?   Preston Blackburn Burnley Oldham Wigan Bolton  Wolves (  Last Season)

He said on a radio piece with Twentyman that he has a habit of scoring against NW teams

Long may it continue

Total respect for this fella - magnificent pro

Yes Wilbs is an excellent player who should be getting on every game but he's no longer able to play 90 minutes at full pelt game after game which must make it difficult for LJ as he knows he'll have to change the formation every time he takes him off or puts him on.

As with Shaun Taylor it's a great shame we didn't get him ten years earlier or we'd have another club legend. 

14 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Wolves?! North West?!

How did you get on with geography at school?

10 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Best free transfer signing this club has ever made

Yes - and the signing was down to luck as Cotts bumped into him in a hotel gym in Dubai when on holiday! 

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Kevin Davies played until he was 39 years old....similar player, no reason why Wilbs can't emulate him...

He said that he's now practicing yoga to keep himself fit and injury free. It seems to be working, but I don't like thinking about the sight of him in a leotard. . 

10 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Best free transfer signing this club has ever made

Jim Brennan was a free transfer and a fantastic left back and right back for us, who we sold on for £1.8m (a huge amount a the time). 

I'd say he was the best.  Would probably have Basso ahead of him as well.

Richard Keogh would have been an incredible free signing if we hadn't stupidly sold him off on the cheap!

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Yes - and the signing was down to luck as Cotts bumped into him in a hotel gym in Dubai when on holiday! 

He said that he's now practicing yoga to keep himself fit and injury free. It seems to be working, but I don't like thinking about the sight of him in a leotard. . 

I think Cotts did go in to say that he went to Dubai because he wanted to speak to Wilbs....I think it was a bit more than a lucky meeting.

Are we ambitious?.... If so we will need major upgrades on one or two PDQ....we should not be relying/hanging on to an ageing player at the end of his career,no matter how likeable he is.sentiment is human and understandable-and will hold you back.

If SL,LJ,MA want Premier league football then they have to be ruthless.

I don't believe its in their DNA to be so.

29 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Are we ambitious?.... If so we will need major upgrades on one or two PDQ....we should not be relying/hanging on to an ageing player at the end of his career,no matter how likeable he is.sentiment is human and understandable-and will hold you back.

If SL,LJ,MA want Premier league football then they have to be ruthless.

I don't believe its in their DNA to be so.

Good luck with that.

The reality of the situation however is that the whole squad currently looks to this 37 year old for their inspiration and motivation.

As for those who still believe the Dubai thing was a chance meeting, how naive can you be?

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

As for those who still believe the Dubai thing was a chance meeting, how naive can you be?

bit harsh there Graham

Heard Cotts has run up a £14000 bill in that very hotel, been staying there for months , hoping to bump into a Chairman from any Champ / L1 / L2 Club

:whistle:

Archived