IGNORED

Marv

JasonM88

45 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Yes. And GJ was keen to get LJ on at Wembley so pushed Marv to right back. The rest is history. 

Yep and Bradley Orr deliberately fractured his cheekbone as well just to help the conspiracy along, eh?

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Yes. And GJ was keen to get LJ on at Wembley so pushed Marv to right back. The rest is history. 

You could understand it though couldn't you? Marv had played right back before at Millwall and was even their right back for the FA Cup Final v Man Utd. Seemed like probably the best option available to me at the time, although obviously not ideal.

13 hours ago, Calculus said:

You could understand it though couldn't you? Marv had played right back before at Millwall and was even their right back for the FA Cup Final v Man Utd. Seemed like probably the best option available to me at the time, although obviously not ideal.

Absolutely, however I always felt we could have moved Carey to full back and brought on Vasko at centre half.. Marv was too effective in the middle to be put at right back, especially in a game of that magnitude

1 hour ago, WWred said:

Absolutely, however I always felt we could have moved Carey to full back and brought on Vasko at centre half.. Marv was too effective in the middle to be put at right back, especially in a game of that magnitude

Yup, another option. Mind you, we had lost McCombe to some bug if memory serves, so moving Carey out of the middle would have meant neither of our regular centre backs in their normal positions. 

Looking back we were very unlucky on the day - McCombe and Orr missing and probably had the better of the game and chances. I try not to think about it too much if I can help it...

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Anyone see Nick Carle that day?  Completely anonoumous yet nobody lays into him.

Archived