IGNORED

I would sack Johnson now

Numero Uno

3 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Give Pemberton the job

As angry as I am getting, as are many others, I can not see SL pulling the trigger a month after a contract extension. Nevertheless, things have to change very very fast as SL Will Not risk our status.

If SL was to sign the warrant, Pembo will be in the frame and I suspect would be off asap if ignored.

I hope LJ can turn this around but, I have my doubts now, which SL is bound to be getting.

It is just starting to feel like McInnes all over again and I didn't like the end of that movie!

58 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Totally. Fed up with this happy clappy mentality towards him. Shocking player and shocking manager. Sack him. 

Idiot...shocking player hardly a fantastic servant to this club who was totally committed and no way shocking.

my take on it is no way should he be sacked yes I acknowledge the form is not great but still think we will be comfortably mid table we just need a couple of results and our squad is superior to this time last year when cotterill looked like he was taking us down.

coupled with this there will easily be 3 teams who go down wigan Rotherham burton Blackburn and qpr will battle for that accolade.

next month is very important however we need a proven striker, central midfielder and two full backs ideally, we can't keep chopping and changing this is sadly symptomatic of football these days. Even sir Alex had dreadful times.

no panic here 

Lj in

28 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Should be given until mid January IMO like Cotterill

Here is my team for Ipswich

FF

AM AF  HM JB 

LF JBR GON LT 

TA GE 

IMO we have to try Gus for a game to see if he's good enough Reid needs time out and apparently Brownhill did alright today but I think 442 is the way to go!

O'Neill is out for a few weeks.

23 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Agree Rowett would be the pick if the axe were to fall.....Just can't see SL can bring himself to sign the warrant...

Fair question, for me - Cotterill and back him this time...

or Pardew... would he come? 

Justin Edinburgh 

neil Ardley

or even someone like Phil Brown. 

Heard his interview - he sounds shot, LJ, I'm not a fan but he seems like he's struggling..... feel sorry and he's been dumped in at too high a level. 

Just had a quick look, obviously Rowett stands out as the obvious candidate, but as a back up option Nigel Adkins? Yes his last job was in League 1 but seems like he was trying to do with Sheffield Utd the same as Southampton. 

Personally don't want LJ gone, but looking at potential replacements there aren't many out there.

5 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

would you trust him with your money?patterson odowda brownhill all league one players too many much of a muchness 

Ffs this is so damn boring. Mark Ashton negotiates the transfers and amounts, the club has a database of players in each position built by the DoF, Head Scout and scouting network so that we aren't to reliant upon one manager building a team in his own image. And since the summer we also have Bournemouth's scout in to help identify targets. So yes, I would trust the team who work in conjunction with a manager. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

like to hear comments from those that were at the game... sounded like we could have won but wasted too many chances (once again).

I'm not a LJ fan, but cannnot seriously see him being dismissed. Just have to hope some new faces in Jan will make the difference, much like the arrival of Tomlin & Matthews did last season.

We were at the game. Too many players trying to play the ball in the midfield in the first half. We were being pressed and because we had no width we were forced to pass short or lose the ball. We kept losing the ball constantly up to us scoring. Seemed to be no structure brining the ball forward and attempted to counter attack with one man up front and no wingers (Tomlin useless in a counter attack). To sum up the best characteristics were the spirit of the players but the main weakness was the inability for Johnston to change tactics (however we may get better at this is the long run). Lee is a great tactician and no one on this forum are football managers, however opinionated we may be we need to give him time good or bad. 

Here's my take. 

Would I sack LJ now? Hmmmm. I'd certainly be considering it, that is unless I wanted to save face because I'd just had him sign a contract extension. 

It was a risky appointment. They say you shouldn't mix business with pleasure and SL appointing a family friend as manager is not looking the wisest of moves right now. 

The only reason that axe isn't hovering is because SL is good mates with LJ & GJ, which in itself is silliness. No other manager would have been afforded the same grace that LJ is - and is that right? I hope it proves to be!

Ordinarily a manager would be seeking a vote of confidence... LJ doesn't need one... and that's both incredibly risky and incredibly refreshing!

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Here's my take. 

Would I sack LJ now? Hmmmm. I'd certainly be considering it, that is unless I wanted to save face because I'd just had him sign a contract extension. 

It was a risky appointment. They say you shouldn't mix business with pleasure and SL appointing a family friend as manager is not looking the wisest of moves right now. 

The only reason that axe isn't hovering is because SL is good mates with LJ & GJ, which in itself is silliness. No other manager would have been afforded the same grace that LJ is - and is that right? I hope it proves to be!

Ordinarily a manager would be seeking a vote of confidence... LJ doesn't need one... and that's both incredibly risky and incredibly refreshing!

Agree largely. But I think the axe is hovering and he has four games to turn something around.

I think SL would have afforded any manager the same grace as LJ until now, but relegation is unthinkable as is a dogfight at the bottom. 

Votes of confidence are not worth a thing, it pretty much is a vote of, start winning or you're gone soon, if we don't think someone is gently putting this across already we would be nuts.

1 hour ago, nick jones of hereford said:

We were at the game. Too many players trying to play the ball in the midfield in the first half. We were being pressed and because we had no width we were forced to pass short or lose the ball. We kept losing the ball constantly up to us scoring. Seemed to be no structure brining the ball forward and attempted to counter attack with one man up front and no wingers (Tomlin useless in a counter attack). To sum up the best characteristics were the spirit of the players but the main weakness was the inability for Johnston to change tactics (however we may get better at this is the long run). Lee is a great tactician and no one on this forum are football managers, however opinionated we may be we need to give him time good or bad. 

Could be the story after virtually every game

No Width

No Width

No width

Trying to pass our way through the centre of the pitch

We have nowhere near a squad / team capable ATM of playing this way IMHO

Personally this method , with this squad , is as flawed , if not more than Cotts and his 3-5-2

Players and fans totally confused with constant tinkering and the growing realisation that LJ has no more clear idea than us fans on what to do next

How many players are 'nailed on starters' for the next , say 5 games ....................:blink:

Id suggest ONE  (IMHO  TA) .... says everything really

We are a mess again atm

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Could be the story after virtually every game

No Width

No Width

No width

Trying to pass our way through the centre of the pitch

We have nowhere near a squad / team capable ATM of playing this way IMHO

Personally this method , with this squad , is as flawed , if not more than Cotts and his 3-5-2

Players and fans totally confused with constant tinkering and the growing realisation that LJ has no more clear idea than us fans on what to do next

How many players are 'nailed on starters' for the next , say 5 games ....................:blink:

Id suggest ONE  (IMHO  TA) .... says everything really

We are a mess again atm

Yes I can not help but agree largely! 

Bryan at LB and people writing we have no wingers of course we bloody do LJ just does not play them. Odowda is itching for a game but can not get on the pitch or most weeks even on the bench.

Browning was a bright spot today, but how long will Tomlin put up with this shit before he throws another tantrum (many would say with justification)....

We are a mess right now and SL will know it too, he is not blind!

We need four players all of them starters. 

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Get a grip please, acknowledge where we were last season and the fact that we are relying on a 19 year old who's never played men's football before. Not saying LJ is doing a great job but we know this isn't a permanent level of performance. 

And who's fault is it that we are relying on a 19 year old up top,spent 2 million+ on another young striker that can't get a look in and wilbs. Think we all agree his permanent signings have been shocking,can we afford another transfer window with him in charge 

I'm wavering now for the first time. But let's take form out of the equation for a second. Currently we're in a higher position than we finished last season and we remain a relatively healthy 7 points clear of the drop. If the season ended now, that's actually marginal progress. This team has proven itself capable of winning games at this level, and therefore so has Johnson, to an admittedly limited extent.

It doesn't feel to me like we've reached the "do or die" point we did with Cotterill last season. He has also shown at Barnsley that he is capable of turning around a bad run. My concern grows with every defeat, but on balance I still come to the conclusion every time that he should stay...for now.

Whatever you think of LJ, I'd imagine he's here to stay for a while. SL is a big fan it would seem, as the contract extension suggests. LJ, I think will be given his 3 transfer windows to prove himself. I pray he hasn't caused too much damage by that point. I hope Lee succeeds but he could turn out to be SL's costliest mistake to date.

I am not sure why so people think adding a few signings next month will change the team overnight and reverse the current form.  It is how the team is motivated and managed to play together as a force that makes the results. Its a pretty good team on paper and individually there are some very good players.  There were also some rising young stars too who seem to have lost their ascendency recently, some don't get a game.

But what is most concerning is hearing the manager saying the same thing about new signings changing everything!  He said it today during the post match interview (again), a few new faces etc and the fine margins will change, but is it is a clutching of straws?  So in January a couple/few? new signings come in maybe with magic boots and we thump Newcastle 5-0, and cruise a wembley play off final.... 

But seriously if the slide continues after these signings (if they happen) really it is time for a new team boss.  I hope not, I hope he is right and he should be given this chance to prove the doubters wrong.  But if it fails he should go then.

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Rowett? 

Those se players aren't bad... his just messed around and tinkered so much that they have no confidence or clue what they're doing. 

Yeah, I bet he would do the job for next to nothing and crawl on his hands and knees to be our manager. The whole football world said it was a disgrace how he got the sack at Brum, so he might just have a few more options than you think. How long would you give HIM btw? He did start to lose a few games quite badly come the end and the football was by all accounts pretty crude.

Archived