IGNORED

LJ - Barnsley fan in peace

Redarmy1

3 hours ago, Rascal said:

What more could you ask for from an away ground ? Surely that's all that matters isn't it, Oakwell is better located to every thing you need than what Ashton Gate is, and most other football grounds for that matter, we've got one old stand and three brilliant ones and it's been like that 15 years, 

But it's in Barnsley...

13 minutes ago, Redarmy1 said:

maxjak I have no problem with bcfc I just dislike your manager (not on a personal level obviously) and would like to see him fail.

You dislike him because he left your club when a team in the league above came calling?  It all seems your rather bitter   or even jealous about the situation even though you say your current manager is better which if it is true you wouldn't care less about Bristol City or LJ s progress or decline as a manager. 

I see Barnsley as a similar level to city but we are fortunate to have more money but as your team has shown us so far it's what you do on the pitch not how much you spend. I predict you will probably finish above us. 

I predicted the wheels would quickly come off with him at the helm and it is starting to happen.  I'm not bitter at him I just don't like the way he conducts himself and purports to be something he isn't (my opinion). PH doesn't flannel fans and says it as it is.  For your sake I feel he needs to go if you are to achieve any success (in my opinion).  I can't help but form the opinion that it's like someone fresh from university with a business degree trying to tell a successful business owner of 50 years how to run a company.  These are his chickens coming home to roost! 

6 hours ago, Rascal said:

Wow you've finally sorted out your stadium thanks to money from your sugar daddy, and now your having a pop at a club who have had a ground better then Ashton gate since the day it was decided we had to have all seater stadiums, and ours was all paid for by money generated by the club, as for the area around the Oakwell, to one side we have a fantastic training ground, and within at 10 minute walk we have a train station, over 20 pubs, 5 chip shops, 7 pasty shops and 6 betting shops, and a couple of off licenses what more do you want ? , Hopefully we're on the look out for a Rugby club to share Oakwell with us, so we can split the cost of running it, then maybe we can sort out the one stand that lets the ground down. 

So Oakwell is great if you're a drunk, want to get morbidly obese or want to be skint...

Slightly confused you think Oakwell is better than Ashton Gate?

Its really, really not... even the old version of AG was superior. Being situated in Barnsley doesn't help your argument...

10 minutes ago, Redarmy1 said:

I predicted the wheels would quickly come off with him at the helm and it is starting to happen.  I'm not bitter at him I just don't like the way he conducts himself and purports to be something he isn't (my opinion). PH doesn't flannel fans and says it as it is.  For your sake I feel he needs to go if you are to achieve any success (in my opinion).  I can't help but form the opinion that it's like someone fresh from university with a business degree trying to tell a successful business owner of 50 years how to run a company.  These are his chickens coming home to roost! 

Could you now say goodbye and f*** off to a Barnsley forum, or maybe there isn't one? You try to be clever at the end of your post, but you're pathetic. 

8 hours ago, screech said:

That is exactly how I see the team playing at the moment, slow tipppy tappy football deep on the pitch, and a talented bunch of footballers up front who are being starved of some quick balls and support. It's quite depressing that we can see what needs changing but we are going to be subjected to more of the same it appears. Tammy Abraham needs a foil, he'll bag a ton of goals if he gets some help. Sorry I had to read that from a Barnsley fan, but you shouldn't ignore it, they are bang on. Just because you don't like to read it doesn't mean it's not true.

I concur fully with this post.  I want LJ to be successful. He turned us round last season, lets remember that, and we had a great first few months, then the wheels have fallen of the proverbial wagon.  We do have some talented players, and we do have loads of possession against teams, but in the final third, it  all comes to a stuttering halt.  Playing Tammy, a brilliant product, at 18, and expecting him to plough a lone furrow with no real support is our issue. If we do not have the staff to play 2 'up top' and are too open if we play one striker, then January will address this ? What are the rest of the coaching staff telling LJ ? Pembo and Co ?  The Barnsley fans have come on here  and given their views of LJ tenure, and like it or not, it is a bit similar to what we are seeing now.

I will be at Ipswich Friday, meeting up with my lad who now lives that way and is a City fan.  He tells me it is a must win game for MM at Ipswich.  Rumour has it he is half way out the door with there results and no win means he might be walking.  Friday will be fun !! 

19 minutes ago, Redarmy1 said:

I detect the bitterness in you little one...

You must've been frothing at the mouth that you couldn't get one over the 'most hated man in Barnsley' (apparently)

Your fans are laughable, doing well in the Championship and still obsessing over LJ.. bless

10 hours ago, Redarmy1 said:

The point with LJ is that I think the minute something better crops up he'll be off (allegedly) and I think he feels everything is in tip top condition when he leaves . He gives you the impression he's in it for the long haul and then jumps ship when it suits - he would make a good unsub on criminal minds.  (Again all allegedly).  

All very subjective, and of course none of us know the inner-LJ.  However, I think the thing you are missing is the affinity to Bristol City, as a player and as son of our ex-Manager, the area, as he spent a lot of his career in the West Country.  He had no affinity to Oldham or Barnsley.  Oldham, his first managerial appointment.  He didn't pull up 'any trees', if you mean promotion, or challenging, but he brought a bit of stability to a club in real trouble.  Your club's decision makers were happy to bring him in.  I'm not gonna comment on his time at your club, other than he must be partly (if only a small part) responsible for laying some of the ground work, which Heckingbottom has taken on.  I don't have the in-depth understanding of your club's fortunes....like you seem to have of ours.

Even those of us that disliked SOD, will give him credit for Flint, Fielding etc.

His 6 game winning run with you was all luck by the seems of it.

Would LJ jump ship from City?  Yes, of course, but not the way you suggest.  His affinity to us will count for something.  He had no affinity for you.

I don't get why you are so angry at losing a manager you didn't want.  Surely you don't care for us that much that you don't want him ruining a smaller club than yours or Sheff Utd!!!

You would not have gone near him before the six game run as we were rock bottom and arguably in the top 6 biggest clubs in league 1.  His social media is in overdrive  on a good run and appears to have a problem with his dongle when he's on a bad run. 

Personally I think we got him a year / season too early, but our stock was not great either at the time, and therefore a good match for each other.  We were never getting Pearson

I think where bristol  city go wrong at the minute is that you have fallen into the trap that because you have an owner with considerable amounts of money that you are suddenly a bigger club than what you are.  You are in the same bracket as the likes of ourselves, Huddersfield etc.  the best you can hope for is around 9th or 10th

Don't tar all of us this way.  We are not a big club, neither are you, neither are Bournemouth, nor Sheffield Utd.  The 'big club' argument is a failed argument, unless you can agree on the underlying basis.  We are in a big City that ought to have done better, but we haven't.

the difference with Barnsley is that we have a group of players who will work their socks off, will make mistakes but will get better for the experience.  

That was us last season.  There is no less lack of effort this season, and I expect us to learn from this recent poor, disappointing run.  Believe me, we aren't playing badly.  Its not all lack of Lady Luck, but a bit of naivety, lack of leadership etc.  Some of that is LJ's fault, some not.  We at least have to see how he turns this around....assuming he does, or is given the chance to.

You are buying in ready made talent which can sometimes come with an ego , million pound current account balances and a lack of desire (allegedly).

Like who?  We are buying players with potential, they aren't ready made at this level.  The current Academy set up has not produced and we brought in several youngsters alongside the likes of O'Dowda, Moore, etc, who are 16-18, and we are hoping to develop through our system.  Kids picked up from Villa, who've discarded them.  Ours, with the odd exception, are way off.

But with this comes an expectation level from the fans.  

Yep, and nothing wrong with that.

After 8 years in the championship last time around and seeing on quite a few occasions examples of the above , quite frankly you can keep it.  Give me a young hungry professional who wants to better themselves and put a shift in every week and I'm happy.  

Again, who do you think isn't putting a shift in?

Even if we come up short - let's be honest we should have put you to the sword at oakwell but inexperience cost us.  If we went down I wouldn't change anything - we are now a stage for a good up and coming player to showcase their talent and be given a fair crack of the whip.  If they cut it they get sold on for a profit - long term it's the best strategy as there's no guarantee if you spent half of SL wealth that you would even get in the top 6 of the PL.  so why kid yourselves that you are going to be a 'big club'

Easy to take a one-off game and prove your point.

i heard mentions of Chris wilder would be a good candidate.  

Good candidate for what?  To replace LJ?

Sheffield Utd are a far bigger club than you are (and as much as it pains me to say it - us). So why the hell would he do that?  

I think a certain level of perspective is needed - when SOD was in charge you were contemplating life in L2 like we were under LJ

And we turned that around quickly by appointing Cotterill.  Your beloved (you seem to like them more than Barnsley) Sheffield Utd, are still playing the "we deserve to be promoted" tag....at least City did get back into the Championship pretty quickly.

as for the thermos. It is impressive. If it could unblock drains I would use it myself.

I've embedded my comments above....and finally I was a big-Cotts fan, so was gutted when he was sacked.  I don't really like other club's fans coming on here and having a go at my club, without understanding what's really going on.  You just want everything about LJ's time at your club to fulfil / play out the same here.  Some of it will be right, but some won't.

LJ is young, inexperienced....probably talks a better game than he plays at the mo', but we've not seen or given him chance to turn it around.

He did pretty well last season, is on a bad run now.  He turned around a team on a bad run last  season.  He turned around your team's bad run too.

For someone so ambivalent to his leaving your club, you have a funny way of showing it.  I appreciate your time and effort on our forum, telling us all his shortcomings.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've embedded my comments above....and finally I was a big-Cotts fan, so was gutted when he was sacked.  I don't really like other club's fans coming on here and having a go at my club, without understanding what's really going on.  You just want everything about LJ's time at your club to fulfil / play out the same here.  Some of it will be right, but some won't.

LJ is young, inexperienced....probably talks a better game than he plays at the mo', but we've not seen or given him chance to turn it around.

He did pretty well last season, is on a bad run now.  He turned around a team on a bad run last  season.  He turned around your team's bad run too.

For someone so ambivalent to his leaving your club, you have a funny way of showing it.  I appreciate your time and effort on our forum, telling us all his shortcomings.  Thanks.

Basically he is totally clueless and you've picked his post apart.

Kudos to you sir

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on @Davefevs including your embedded comments.

I'm not sure why the hostility from OTIB members in other responses though.  Yes, there's a bit of crowing but assuming these are genuine Barnsley fans I'm actually very interested to hear about the parallels between our current plight and Barnsley's problems under LJ.

We knew his record when he was appointed.  Although the City fans' response was mixed to say the least, the majority of us really wanted it to work our for him.  As has been said above, how can anyone get delight from being right when we're on a terrible run?  Totally bizarre "fan" behaviour.

I still want LJ succeed.  I'm certain that this is is the job he wanted long before he took over at Oldham.  Unlike Barnsley we have the potential to fulfill his ambition but it won't be done by throwing money around Aston Villa style.

I'm bored of the "I told you so" posts now.  Friday's game can't come soon enough.

And for the record, I've bought eleven tickets for the Fleetwood match - and I fully expect Lee Johnson to be in charge.

30 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Spot on @Davefevs including your embedded comments.

I'm not sure why the hostility from OTIB members in other responses though.  Yes, there's a bit of crowing but assuming these are genuine Barnsley fans I'm actually very interested to hear about the parallels between our current plight and Barnsley's problems under LJ.

We knew his record when he was appointed.  Although the City fans' response was mixed to say the least, the majority of us really wanted it to work our for him.  As has been said above, how can anyone get delight from being right when we're on a terrible run?  Totally bizarre "fan" behaviour.

I still want LJ succeed.  I'm certain that this is is the job he wanted long before he took over at Oldham.  Unlike Barnsley we have the potential to fulfill his ambition but it won't be done by throwing money around Aston Villa style.

I'm bored of the "I told you so" posts now.  Friday's game can't come soon enough.

And for the record, I've bought eleven tickets for the Fleetwood match - and I fully expect Lee Johnson to be in charge.

But these Barnsley fans are biased so their opinions are worthless. They're obviously hacked off that LJ left them so they'd feel better if we sacked him, so they're not going to say anything good about him.

If they weren't so upset they wouldn't be spending so much time on our forum, it's a complete wind-up.

22 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

But these Barnsley fans are biased so their opinions are worthless. They're obviously hacked off that LJ left them so they'd feel better if we sacked him, so they're not going to say anything good about him.

If they weren't so upset they wouldn't be spending so much time on our forum, it's a complete wind-up.

We're all biased (just look at the levels of disagreement among City fans) but that doesn't mean that Barnsley fans' opinions are worthless.

And I'm sure they would rather we didn't sack LJ if it means we keep losing and stay below them in the league!

Most of the Barnsley fans' comments are negative because that's how they saw his time in charge at Oakwell.  Plenty of them said the same when he joined City.  I think there's a degree of bitterness that he walked out on them (I felt the same when Joe Jordan left us for Hearts) but their opinions have been pretty consistent.  And, of course, this bad run is the right time for them to say "we told you so".

It's not my style to go stirring it up on other clubs' forums but when T**y P**is left us for Pompey I was initially delighted and when it all went wrong for them it would have been easy to drop by and start crowing.

Live and let live, I welcome their views.

Bloody hell have Barnsley became the new Man City or something?

As I said previously never had so many fans from another club on here giving it the biggun. Oakwell is a fairly modern ground and easily better than old ashton gate (although no idea about atmosphere). What i do know is that they get mor empty seats than vacated seats on a matchday and half of them chat absolute waffle.

14 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Unfortunately  you will find to many people on here who are to stubborn to admit you and the other Barnsley fans were rIght

Terrible manager.  Talks a great game though. ..so it suckers so many people in 

Brilliant he should have been a polatition although he talks a good game on Subs bench friday nights

Who ever you are, Barnsley or Gas, do one. Why the need to keep mentioning the so say money we have? 

Things aren't great here atm but many of us appreciate we still have a very inexperienced team that at times shows glimpses of what they are capable of. The only game where we have been well beaten this season is the Brighton game and even then up until their fluke goal we were on the front foot.

We have had some huge decisions go against us this season and have missed some pretty simple chances. 

I know everyone doesn't share my view but we are not being battered every week. We are losing by one goal and are still competing in every single game.

If we were getting spanked every week then I'd be concerned. Right now we just need that lucky break to get the confidence flowing again. We also need to add a few players in the window which gives us that Championship experienc. 

It is clear to see we have the potential to be a prem club, simular to Swansea. One day we will make it there, everything off the pitch is almost ready for us to.be a prem club now. Im not obsessed by this idea of us being a premier league club, I hope it happens but right now all I want is to see a City team competing in the Championship. 

I think you will find currently, realistically, you are likely in the highest position your club is ever going to be in.

Im not into all this my club is bigger than your club crap but anyone who has visited both Barnsley and Bristol can tell the difference. 

I have a friend who lives in Wombwell so I know the area well. Nice area but in the nicest possible way its not even in the same league as Bristol.

20 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I still think we'll finish above Barnsley come the end of the season. Losing Kodjia wasn't planned but we had to accept with the money being offered. We've been short of strikers as a result but have the chance to put that right next month, we're still a 'work in progress' so let's wait and see.

No chance they are a good side with goals all around their team

56 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

And in hourihane they also have arguably the best player in the league

Hourihane was watched by City on a few occasions, as were a few other Devon based lads, Grimes, Nichols, Moore-Taylor and Nelson. 

We opted to go down the Korey smith, wagstaff, freeman, Ayling route instead. 

We should do whatever we can to try and get Hourihane in Jan but you feel it's to late.

22 hours ago, Redarmy1 said:

The point with LJ is that I think the minute something better crops up he'll be off (allegedly) and I think he feels everything is in tip top condition when he leaves . He gives you the impression he's in it for the long haul and then jumps ship when it suits - he would make a good unsub on criminal minds.  (Again all allegedly).  You would not have gone near him before the six game run as we were rock bottom and arguably in the top 6 biggest clubs in league 1.  His social media is in overdrive  on a good run and appears to have a problem with his dongle when he's on a bad run. 

I think where bristol  city go wrong at the minute is that you have fallen into the trap that because you have an owner with considerable amounts of money that you are suddenly a bigger club than what you are.  You are in the same bracket as the likes of ourselves, Huddersfield etc.  the best you can hope for is around 9th or 10th

the difference with Barnsley is that we have a group of players who will work their socks off, will make mistakes but will get better for the experience.  You are buying in ready made talent which can sometimes come with an ego , million pound current account balances and a lack of desire (allegedly). But with this comes an expectation level from the fans.  

After 8 years in the championship last time around and seeing on quite a few occasions examples of the above , quite frankly you can keep it.  Give me a young hungry professional who wants to better themselves and put a shift in every week and I'm happy.  Even if we come up short - let's be honest we should have put you to the sword at oakwell but inexperience cost us.  If we went down I wouldn't change anything - we are now a stage for a good up and coming player to showcase their talent and be given a fair crack of the whip.  If they cut it they get sold on for a profit - long term it's the best strategy as there's no guarantee if you spent half of SL wealth that you would even get in the top 6 of the PL.  so why kid yourselves that you are going to be a 'big club'

i heard mentions of Chris wilder would be a good candidate.  Sheffield Utd are a far bigger club than you are (and as much as it pains me to say it - us). So why the hell would he do that?  

I think a certain level of perspective is needed - when SOD was in charge you were contemplating life in L2 like we were under LJ

as for the thermos. It is impressive. If it could unblock drains I would use it myself.

I'm going to have to correct you on the ready made talent bit. Odowda, Taylor Moore, Paterson, Magnesson, and even Abraham, Engvall and Freeman are all young inexperienced players and not ready made talent 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Hourihane was watched by City on a few occasions, as were a few other Devon based lads, Grimes, Nichols, Moore-Taylor and Nelson. 

We opted to go down the Korey smith, wagstaff, freeman, Ayling route instead. 

We should do whatever we can to try and get Hourihane in Jan but you feel it's to late.

Just imagine - Taylor Moore on one side of the defence and Moore-Taylor on the other side.  Who would wish to commentate?

'When we've got areas like St Paul's In Barnsley with tribes running around killing each other I'll start to worry pal.'

For a start, not sure you have pals here. Secondly you should dream of having areas like St Paul's, unfortunately not many Barnsley fans would ever be able to afford them, it is not some gangland, unless you are particularly scared of the bearded 'tribe' known as hipsters, not sure if you have them oop north.

The current average value in Barnsley in December 2016 is £134,570. This has increased 3.24% from September 2016. Terraced properties sold for a current average value of £92,913 and semi-detached properties valued £120,744. In the past year property prices in Barnsley have increased 3.15%. This is according to the current Zoopla estimates.

The current average value in St. Pauls in December 2016 is £214,839. This has increased 3.38% from September 2016. Terraced properties sold for a current average value of £253,398 and semi-detached properties valued £168,166. In the past year property prices in St. Pauls have increased 7.95%. This is according to the current Zoopla estimates.

Enjoy taking your whippet for a walk around beautiful Barnsley, making sure you take in the bookies and takeaways obviously. None of the people I know in St Paul's are actively seeking a move to Barnsley and some of them even wear flat caps.

I just enjoy the Barnsley fans coming on here like we care about them. LJ is like an academy prospect. He needs time just like a young footballer would. He needs the experience in coaching. We play some lovely stuff under him. It's not creating or scoring that's a problem(every team goes through stretches where the ball doesn't seem to want to hit the back of the net). The problem is soft goals on set pieces. It's still a coaching thing but I trust him to sort it out. 

His time at Barnsley and Oldham is irrelevant to me. The Barnsley fans only come out of the woodwork recently. Until then we've had top 6 form under him(last year included). They're just like some of the OTIB lot that didn't want him. Just sharpening the knives until they could use them. It's pathetic tbh. Most of us back the manager and the set up. You don't know our situation. You see LJ, results and what we spent in the summer. Results aren't so important this year as long as we stay up. We aren't getting battered at all, we have a similar goals scored and goals conceded as top 6 teams. We are young and still developing. The club is growing on and off the pitch. I'm happy with that. If your club is so dire you need to come on here to have you irrelevant opinions have meaning then that's your problem. We are all good here. You go ahead and finish above us and have a great year. I'm happy for you. It's as good as it will get for you. Then you can watch Hourihan leave for free, watch Armstrong go back to Newcastle and watch your best young players like Winnall and Bree leave to bigger clubs and not invest much of that back. 

I couod respect Barnsley if their fans weren't so delusional and pompous. Like I do Preston. They finished above us last season and probably will again. Their few come on and give honest assessments of things. I can respect that. I can't respect insults from an irrelevant club who's angry their little manager left their club for Bristol City. Not Man City or even Swansea City but Bristol City. Never mind I can see why that stings.

Archived