IGNORED

Danny Rose

JasonM88

8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Don't care how shit he was here, he's no undoubtably the best left back in England, and debatably in the world. Well done to that man. 

The world? if the world consists of North London, and even that  is debatable.

He was a lot better than many city fans gave him credi tfor,but c'mon

27 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Go on, who?

Bellerin and rose when on form are as good as one another but neither are even close to being world class yet. I believe Bellerin has a better chance of getting that accolade

Edit  and now I'll freely admit I got my left and right mixed up so feel free to ignore my Bellerin comment and North London :laugh:.  I still state he is not close to being a top left back on the world stage

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Don't care how shit he was here, he's no undoubtably the best left back in England, and debatably in the world. Well done to that man. 

Come on man, no English footballer is the best in the world in any position and certainly not Danny Rose.

58 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

He is a typical prem full back - decent going forward, can run all day but suspect defensively. Walker is an even more extreme example. And Rose's touch is poor even compared to somebody like Ashley Cole, let alone any half decent continental full back. 

I see Walker as a better version of Mark Little....

8 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

I think your main point was that's he's really done well since he played for us and gone on to become a really good player for Spurs. I agree and well done to him.

You've gone overboard by saying 'he's now undoubtedly the best left back in England' - This is certainly up for debate at the very least.

As for 'and debatably in the world' - I'm not sure there are many people who would actually consider him.

Same old City.

We desperately needed a left full back when 'the best left back in the world ' was on the books, but we never played him in that position.

We still have a left back problem playing a man LJ says is 'a future Premiership left back' but fails to deliver

Sometimes we are allowed to worry about City

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

On his day though he probably WAS the best in his position in the world

And was converted from a wide attacking midfielder like Joe Bryan...took him ages to get to grips with being a LB...although he did this transition whilst being at an earlier age.

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Alaba, Marcelo, Luis, Sandro, Kurzawa, Hector, Alba, and Rodriguez. Then there are some in the same category(IMO) like Layun, Gaya, Grimaldo and Baines. Is he a top 10 full back in the world? Possibly but he's not close to top 5. 

Why are you even mentioning baines in the same sentence as rose

29 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Why are you even mentioning baines in the same sentence as rose

He's still as good as Rose and and his best was better than Rose is now. Tottenhams style allows Rose to look so good which is fine but he's not world class or elite. He's good and that's it. 

Archived