IGNORED

Danny Rose

JasonM88

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

He's nowhere near rose

Better crosser and better defender just can't get up and down like Rose can. Anyway, it's my opinion. I don't think Baines would be as good as Rose at Tottenham. I don't think Rose would be nearly as well thought of at Everton. Good fits each way. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Better crosser and better defender just can't get up and down like Rose can. Anyway, it's my opinion. I don't think Baines would be as good as Rose at Tottenham. I don't think Rose would be nearly as well thought of at Everton. Good fits each way. 

The bloke knows how to defend, watch some of his blocks on the back stick

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The bloke knows how to defend, watch some of his blocks on the back stick

I'm not saying he's a bad defender I just think baines is better. When Danny Rose can't rely on his athleticism I think he'll work his way down the league whereas I think Baines has the better football IQ and skill. Rose is in a perfect situation and is probably a top 10 LB. You could probably say it about many LB but on another team I think he'd get caught out quite a bit. 

Rose is good and in a perfect situation. Tottenham couldn't upgrade him for cheap. Just think he being a bit overrated by some because of Tottenhams style. Top player, England and Spurs best LB and could be best EPL LB but he's not near the top 5 IMO and footballing wise I think he leaves a bit to be desired compared to others but makes up for it with supreme athleticism. It's ok that's his game. He is in his prime and enjoying his football. I just think he'll fall quickly when his athleticism goes. Still probably sounds like a dig but it's not. 

Anybody who has said that Rose and to some extent walker are poor defensively clearly haven't watched spurs much the last 12 months, the full backs are the most important part in that team and Walker and Rose are outstanding going forward and defensively solid! 

They're part of a back 4 that doesn't concede many goals at all

3 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Anybody who has said that Rose and to some extent walker are poor defensively clearly haven't watched spurs much the last 12 months, the full backs are the most important part in that team and Walker and Rose are outstanding going forward and defensively solid! 

They're part of a back 4 that doesn't concede many goals at all

They aren't bad defenders. I just think they're in a perfect fit. They can get forward and not worry about being out of position because they've always got 3 of Vertonghen, Alderwield, Dier and Wanyama there to clean up opposition attacks. They don't get caught out because of those players who I think are the lifeline of that team. Fantastic full backs I just think if they had to defend more they'd get exposed more. Also heavily reliant on athleticism and once their pace goes a bit I think their ability will. 

All that said, they aren't asked to defend the majority of games and they fit perfectly in the club so they are top full backs. I just think that's a full team effort there at Tottenham and while they should get praise I don't think they are world class top 5 full backs which I think is what the OP was on about. 

8 minutes ago, redapple said:

Rose is magnificent at full back for Tottenham game in game out. 

Likewise Cunningham, Ayling and Tavernier are arguably the best performers in their current clubs. 

Bryan and Little must be knocking on Lee's door every day asking if anyone's in for them...

Very arguably if Ayling's visit to Ashton Gate was anything to go by....

Archived