IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Eddie Notgetinya

Is not a wide player so why LJ do you keep playing him there?

Genius at times but doesn't deliver enough week in week out. I certainly don't think a team should be built around him. 

Two Solid CM's and Two pacey wingers NOW please. 4-4-2. Can't see a place for him, I'm Sorry to say it but he's not as good as people make out.

I tend to agree about LT. Too much of a luxury. However, what is different from now and the back end of last season when he helped us avoid relegation? He pretty much played wide left then with maybe a little more license to roam. Just hasn't cut it this season for me.

If we sign 2 pacey wingers they will be told to find the easy sideways / back pass. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's sad to see that around this time last year he arrived and almost single handedly dragged us up to a better position. This season he's not the hero, he's seen as part of the problem. What a difference. 

It is. He just hasn't been the same and even last season he was played out left by us. Not motivated it seems

Lee Tomlin is a luxury player like JET was. I personally have no problem with this and enjoyed the respective entertainment they brought.

However, he is indicative of our problems in that we have no identity, no set up and just flounder around hoping for a result.

He was central in the second half when we switched to 352

I would bring back the diamond. Tomlin behind Tammy and a mysterious strike partner who is yet to be discovered, seems like Brownhill is good enough right now to go in the middle 2 perhaps with Reid or Smith. Then Pack at the base of it.

7 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Wouldn't be anywhere near my team. Lacks the passion and attitude required. To be quite honest I'd rather have someone with less ability who leave it all on the pitch.

There are plenty with less ability probably most of the rest of the squad.So what's changed from last season to this? Didn't see many saying he shouldn't be in the side when we were up round the play offs but now the knives are out for one of the only players that gets me off my seat.

I don't think it's to do with passion. I think he's hugely passionate and wants to win just as much as anyone. But I do think the pressure is getting to him and when he isn't winning he will lose his head. These two things meaning he isn't playing up to his potential.

Personally I'd give him a break from the first team and play Reid in behind Tammy. However, if we did that I'm sure there would be an argument for LJ benching our sparkly summer signing and Tomlin to head off in Jan. Lose lose almost.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Controversial

But if LJ stays , then we need to get rid of LT

Tin hat on

I suspect you may be right. My guess is LJ got the contract extension as a message to any players who might have fallen out with the manager. If there is conflict LJ will win because he has SL's support come what may. I can see 1 or 2 going in Jan; LT may be one - it would not be the first time he has fallen out with his manager after all.

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

There are plenty with less ability probably most of the rest of the squad.So what's changed from last season to this? Didn't see many saying he shouldn't b in the side when we were up round the play offs but now the knives are out for one of the only players that gets me off my seat.

Really? I prefer BR on the ball than LT. I was one of only a few who didn't think he was worth chasing in the summer. 

A good player when things are going his way and in his favour. Not a player you want for a battle, wouldn't want him next too me. A big time Charlie with not enough stones to stand up and be counted, like many of our players at the moment although he's the only one with a huge price tag. 

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Really? I prefer BR on the ball than LT. I was one of only a few who didn't think he was worth chasing in the summer. 

A good player when things are going his way and in his favour. Not a player you want for a battle, wouldn't want him next too me. A big time Charlie with not enough stones to stand up and be counted, like many of our players at the moment although he's the only one with a huge price tag. 

Without LT last season we would have gone down so I don't agree he's not up for the battle.I don't think it helps with LJ's constant team changes from week to week so a decent understanding with a settled team never happens.

6 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Said when we signed him on loan - was a real gamble

Fantastic if happy

Awful and a problem if not

Loan was a minor gamble - a permanent move massively more so

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Without LT last season we would have gone down so I don't agree he's not up for the battle.I don't think it helps with LJ's constant team changes from week to week so a decent understanding with a settled team never happens.

Also disagree but understand your point. I think he joined as we were on an uphill slope and because things were going well it gave him a platform to look good. 

16 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Wouldn't be anywhere near my team. Lacks the passion and attitude required. To be quite honest I'd rather have someone with less ability who leave it all on the pitch.

I pity your poor comprehension of football. Truly staggering that someone has such little appreciation of the game.

Care to name a world class, or exceptional team that has ever left their best technical player out of their starting eleven and gone on to win, dominate?

Tammy aside, curious to understand who you feel has contributed more this season and what you value in a player?

13 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

I pity your poor comprehension of football. Truly staggering that someone has such little appreciation of the game.

Care to name a world class, or exceptional team that has ever left their best technical player out of their starting eleven and gone on to win, dominate?

Tammy aside, curious to understand who you feel has contributed more this season and what you value in a player?

Entitled to his opinion as we all are and your opening sentence is rude and opinionated

I agree with him as you look at what LT might provide  v the holes he leaves and how he disrupts the side , and maybe the dressing room

Its a TEAM game incorporating individuals if possible

5 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Many a team have left their best player out for many different reasons. Real Madrid do it on regular occasions during the season to rest players etc. 

I think LT is a very good footballer, but at this present time in this team he doesn't help us. We can't be carrying players when out of possession and hoping he will pop up once in 90 mins with a bit of magic. That's just basic. 

I think Tammy has been great this year, along with Bobby who has really been a standout performer and but for his finishing would be attracting a lot of clubs. 

Seeing as I study and coach the game I can assure you my appreciation for LT on the ball is massive however as a player at BCFC right now, he is not the player we need

32 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you watch us play? Have you ever played the game?

Stones is wanting the ball, stones is having the confidence and fight, passion to produce a game changing moment of magic when others can't or choose to hide from the ball.

When have you ever seen LT shy away from the ball and what attributes does a player need to show to "stand up and be counted" as you call it?

Genuinely curious as to what you want from a footballer, or why it is that you watch football?

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One word RedM

attitude

Well I guess we will soon find out what his attitude is for sure. It's one thing arriving as a hero to sort out a problem team, it's quite another to have a new hero arrive to sort the mess you are up yo your neck in. I like Tomlin when he is on form, not seen enough of it lately. I hope we can bring someone in who will again get the best out of him. Surely that's hit yo be win win for everybody, or will he do what others have done and look for an easy move away, these players are always in demand to clubs willing to pay.

4 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Stones is wanting the ball, stones is having the confidence and fight, passion to produce a game changing moment of magic when others can't or chose to hide from the ball.

When have you ever seen LT shy away from the ball and what attributes does a player need to show to "stand up and be counted" as you call it?

Genuinely curious as to what you want from a footballer, or why it is that you watch football?

Stones ????

whats he got to do with it ?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well I guess we will soon find out what his attitude is for sure. It's one thing arriving as a hero to sort out a problem team, it's quite another to have a new hero arrive to sort the mess you are up yo your neck in. I like Tomlin when he is on form, not seen enough of it lately. I hope we can bring someone in who will again get the best out of him. Surely that's hit yo be win win for everybody, or will he do what others have done and look for an easy move away, these players are always in demand to clubs willing to pay.

Who do you think SL will back RedM ? 

LJ or LT

(Rightly and I'm nowhere near convinced by LJ at all atm)

He will back the Manager

6 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Stones is wanting the ball, stones is having the confidence and fight, passion to produce a game changing moment of magic when others can't or chose to hide from the ball.

Play at a very good standard and also coach at a good level. Season ticket holder for 17 of my 22 years 

Bit of a poor thing to say just because of my opinion on one player when my point is he can play better 

There is a very different point from what i want to see and what gets results. Personally think you're not seeing my point which is LT doesn't work enough for the team, he has undoubted quality but he hasn't shone like last season. 

Why? Because we don't get the ball to him? 

Because he doesn't work hard enough? 

Because his attitude is crap?

or is it everyone around him making him play average... 

You tell me. 

Archived