IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

Why on earth wasnt it done when the south stand was built then, what has changed in 18 months ! 

IF there is now a desire to redevelop the Atyeo the club should say so, Stop all the whispers and rumours.

As for the 6th move for the "unreserved" section they represent around 5% of ST  other people have moved as well remember.

33 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The Atyeo is unlikely to be remaining in its current form for many more years, and so moving home fans out of there sooner rather than later (this would be the 6th move for the unreserved section I think) to give us a permanent home, makes the most sense. 

You are a tease Dolly. A tiny snippet about the Atyeo changing, which is just sufficient to get speculation and rumours spreading. I like it!

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

There's no silence. I'm just crap at writing stuff so was waiting for someone else to. Plus nothing is set in stone yet. The club need to go away and have a think and they need to speak to the SAG before anything gets confirmed. We can't tell you what the plan is unless there definitely is one. 

Not aimed at Dolly, but SURELY the club have learnt by now to discuss with all parties affected and not just those in the Atyeo?

8 minutes ago, London expats said:

Why on earth wasnt it done when the south stand was built then, what has changed in 18 months ! 

IF there is now a desire to redevelop the Atyeo the club should say so, Stop all the whispers and rumours.

As for the 6th move for the "unreserved" section they represent around 5% of ST  other people have moved as well remember.

Of course there is a desire to redevelop the Atyeo - look at the rest of the ground FFS!

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not aimed at Dolly, but SURELY the club have learnt by now to discuss with all parties affected and not just those in the Atyeo?

All were invited to last nights meeting? I'm sure whatever was discussed last night will feed into FAN meetings and then subsequent engagement with relevant supporters.

How many season ticket holders are there in the SS corner adjacent to Dolman? Thought it was mostly school/local club tickets?

• SC&T Board Members

The discussion was around a possible - but only possible at this stage - move of the core vocal support from the Atyeo to another area of the ground.

There are several reasons why this is being considered:

• The desires of some fans in the Atyeo (expressed at times on here as well) to be less cut off from the rest of the home fans
  • An improved atmosphere in the ground in general by having the core vocal support more able by virtue of its position to get the rest of the home fans joining in
  • Finally, a permanent 'home' for the core vocal support
  • Improved segregation of home and away fans
  • No need to move the Atyeo home fans out of the Atyeo if we had a big FA Cup game for which the club has to give the visiting club 15% of the stadium capacity (i.e. all of the Atyeo), which would have to happen at present
  • Increased revenue potential for the club by being able to give visiting clubs with large followings the whole Atyeo

Against the background of these reasons for a possible move, there was then a discussion about fans' thoughts on that and on where any new location might be. The concensus view on the latter - but by no means finalised yet, not least as careful consideration would obviously need to be given to how people who to date have had STs in that area were suitably accommodated elsewhere - was that the corner quadrant between the Dolman and South Stand might work best. This has the particular advantage that fans standing in that area during 'moments of excitement' would not cause any sightline obstructions to fans in adjacent blocks of the Dolman or South Stands.

However, as I said above, this is all at a very preliminary stage and was no more last night than an exchange of ideas between the club/BS and a group of fans. It felt at the end of the meeting as though we had the beginnings of a plan that could work well ... but there are still other people with whom it needs to be discussed and so it is by no means definite. The fallback position would probably be to stay as is.

You'd hope that something would be uploaded on the main site at some point today, especially as it is of at least some interest to the majority of supporters.

Some wouldn't have been able to get there due to work/family commitments, and some like myself, don't live in Bristol.

4 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

The discussion was around a possible - but only possible at this stage - move of the core vocal support from the Atyeo to another area of the ground.

• The desires of some fans in the Atyeo (expressed at times on here as well) to be less cut off from the rest of the home fans
  • An improved atmosphere in the ground in general by having the core vocal support more able by virtue of its position to get the rest of the home fans joining in
  • No need to move the Atyeo home fans out of the Atyeo if we had a big FA Cup game for which the club has to give the visiting club 15% of the stadium capacity (i.e. all of the Atyeo), which would have to happen at present
  • Increased revenue potential for the club by being able to give visiting clubs with large followings the whole Atyeo

Against the background of these reasons for a possible move, there was then a discussion about fans' thoughts on that and on where any new location might be. The concensus view on the latter - but by no means finalised yet, not least as careful consideration would obviously need to be given to how people who to date have had STs in that area were suitably accommodated elsewhere - was that the corner quadrant between the Dolman and South Stand might work best. This has the particular advantage that fans standing in that area during 'moments of excitement' would not cause any sightline obstructions to fans in adjacent blocks of the Dolman or South Stands.

However, as I said above, this is all at a very preliminary stage and was no more last night than an exchange of ideas between the club/BS and a group of fans. It felt at the end of the meeting as though we had the beginnings of a plan that could work well ... but there are still other people with whom it needs to be discussed and so it is by no means definite. The fallback position would probably be to stay as is.

I'm in the Atyeo . Don't mind moving don't mind paying more which is only right. If those season ticket holders don't mind moving I think that is a great idea . Think the Atmosphere would significantly be better in the ground 

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Thanks for that update, at last someone who is happy to keep ALL fans informed.

Without trawling back to numerous previous posts, I have to say that  each and everyone of the above points has been raised at some time in the recent past on here, some posters on here have spoken against such moves, the club themselves have I am certain said that standing cannot be allowed in the SS in the past, suddenly the possibility of these things happening has been raised, presumably by the club.

So I have to ask what has changed to prompt this sudden acceptance of possible alternatives to the Atyeo as it currently is?

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Of course there is a desire to redevelop the Atyeo - look at the rest of the ground FFS!

All were invited to last nights meeting? I'm sure whatever was discussed last night will feed into FAN meetings and then subsequent engagement with relevant supporters.

How many season ticket holders are there in the SS corner adjacent to Dolman? Thought it was mostly school/local club tickets?

Think your right, as well as visiting scouts, managers etc, presumably they (the scouts) could be accommodated below the Heineken lounge area.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Were they, I thought it was just Atyeo supporters?

Maybe you are correct and there are not ST holders in the other areas / just on a match by match basis?

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:
  • The desires of some fans in the Atyeo to be less cut off from the rest of the home fans

Again, not aimed at @Blagdon red, but it's a shame the club were not more worried about this group of supporters many years ago before strangling their support with the numerous moves and restrictions placed on them over the years.

There is a strong feeling amongst many in that area that the club are slowly trying to push them away - would be nice to see the club actually helping the guys in the future

I think a big reason for the move is it will allow S82 to grow. 

It is currently a renewals only group in the Atyeo and I'm sure there are many ST holders (myself included) who would like to relocate to the Dolman / SS corner along with S82 if it were to happen. 

This in turn will help improve the atmosphere drastically getting more core singers involved.

• SC&T Board Members
4 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

I think a big reason for the move is it will allow S82 to grow. 

It is currently a renewals only group in the Atyeo and I'm sure there are many ST holders (myself included) who would like to relocate to the Dolman / SS corner along with S82 if it were to happen. 

This in turn will help improve the atmosphere drastically getting more core singers involved.

Yes, that's right. There was discussion last night as well about how the 'singing section' could grow over time and what the natural expansion might be from that immediate quadrant.

It was clear from comments made by BS about the scenes they see on TV from grounds like Watford and Palace, that they want to have colour and vibrancy of that sort shown in a prime spot for the TV cameras at AG as well. So far from trying to stifle what S82 and co. are doing, I think they would like to see their efforts continue to flourish - in a higher profile part of the ground.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out in the future.

It crossed my mind on Saturday about atmosphere...I sit in the centre dolman, and with respect to the Atyeo lads and lasses, the 'atmosphere' generated from there is reminiscent of having a radio on in the background whilst watching the footy.

The only time a real atmosphere is created is when something happens on the pitch.

On Saturday it was Little getting stuck in on a few occasions.

It started in the South stand each time...a roar of 'C'mon you reds'...which developed to all four stands.

It wasn't until Reading scored that they actually woke up and made some noise too.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it crossed my mind, that football has become pretty much a non contact sport these days. That reflects in the atmosphere imo.

You've only got to witness it on the pitch when it gets a bit 'tasty' that the volume and passion increases in the ground.

Football has almost become like a game of chess...hence the 'Library atmosphere....

4 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Yes, that's right. There was discussion last night as well about how the 'singing section' could grow over time and what the natural expansion might be from that immediate quadrant.

It was clear from comments made by BS about the scenes they see on TV from grounds like Watford and Palace, that they want to have colour and vibrancy of that sort shown in a prime spot for the TV cameras at AG as well. So far from trying to stifle what S82 and co. are doing, I think they would like to see their efforts continue to flourish - in a higher profile part of the ground.

Not doubting your views Blagdon, but if true that represents an enormous change in thinking from what has been seen before from BS / BCFC.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Again, not aimed at @Blagdon red, but it's a shame the club were not more worried about this group of supporters many years ago before strangling their support with the numerous moves and restrictions placed on them over the years.

There is a strong feeling amongst many in that area that the club are slowly trying to push them away - would be nice to see the club actually helping the guys in the future

How much of the restrictions and similar was down to club and how much was down to SAG, police and such? Can envisage quite strict restrictions from the latter in the modern era.

There was a serious earthquake in BS3 last year.

This has caused the South stand to tilt and lose a few % of its rake.

What was a death slide is now suddenly safe to stand ... But only in one corner.

Those who think that the club have been coming out with guff for years and have been making it up as they see fit are failing to remember the earthquake.

Blagdon Red has summed it up very well. It means the return of the "East End " to Ashton Gate which I and many fans have been advocating for some time.

The noise and atmosphere generated from this move will IMO be transformational and we should expect a wall of sound  generated by  that has not been heard for many years. South Stand on occasions this season  sounds loud from my seat in the West Stand but this move would be a Game changer. Let's  consult with the fans affected and make the move in time for the start of next season ,when  I'm sure we will still be in the Championship

10 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

There has been a change of relevant personnel at the club in the interim.

Any chance of you representing us in the Brexit negotiations Blagdon?

I like your style.

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Two words: Martin Griffiths.

Is the right answer. If we didn't have him at the helm, and people like Mark Kelly underneath him, (not literally, that would be weird :w00t: ) I'd  be worried, and this would be a lot harder to get sorted. 

Can I just add that some of us in the South Stand already make a fair old racket on occasion and there are already lots of us that like a sing song and get things going - which recently has seen the noise and songs spreading to other parts of the ground. I certainly don't want to get into tit for tat on who's louder etc but please can those moving from the Atyeo not make out that we are all mute and somehow you are coming over to save the atmosphere in the SS as in IMHO it's already pretty good in there - as good as anywhere else anyway! If the plans do come together it should make an already impressive noise at times become incredible. Hope it happens! 

Archived