IGNORED

Fans meeting with Bristol city on Wednesday evening

cider head

There is a fans meeting set up with the club and Bristol sport. Plan is for those in the Atyeo to meet Martin Griffiths, Mark Kelly etc at Ashton gate 6pm Wednesday January 4th. That is to happen then after a fans to discuss it further in the Rising sun from 8pm (supporters club and trust meeting). This will be quite an important meeting with regards to the future plans for fans in the Atyeo and any fan themed bars. So that's the plan if you make it great but it's in fans interest to come and say your piece as it may well things could get decided for you "possibly ".. Fans from other stands are welcome to attend.

It is possible that fans could get moved around next season which would mean fans in the Atyeo, South stand and parts of the new West stand could be involved, so it's a meeting for all fans to see what the club could have in mind and also listen to the fans suggestions. Nothing set in stone and have an open mind till after the meeting.

What sort of moves have been suggested and how might they possibly impact existing season ticket holders?

Not holding anyone to account here, but given the limited notice of a meeting and (oddly?) how the meeting with the club is taking place before the supporter consultation, it might encourage people to attend.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What sort of moves have been suggested and how might they possibly impact existing season ticket holders?

Not holding anyone to account here, but given the limited notice of a meeting and (oddly?) how the meeting with the club is taking place before the supporter consultation, it might encourage people to attend.

Not sure what will be in mind yet and possibly a start of a consultation process but a lot stems from the FAN minutes recently.  The meeting plan has been all over social media for the past month but I thought I would post about it on here.

I have an open mind on it and we will see after Wednesday.

IMG_1561.JPG

As a former Eastender the Atyeo never appealed to me, I never used it even before the EE was reopened so had no appetite of moving there.

Due to the way sound travels having a singing section on a side stand wouldn't work so the options are the SS or the Atyeo. 

I'd like to see this group returned to its rightful end of the ground as we were led to believe would happen following completion of the build.

Ok the SS is all new and shiny but it has great acoustics and I think there could be potential for a fans themed area on that corner section between the SS and the Dolman. 

I suppose the only issue that remains is the standing issue but I with safe standing getting ever close it won't be an issue forever.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Due to the way sound travels having a singing section on a side stand wouldn't work so the options are the SS or the Atyeo. 

Just curious why it would not work? I personally think that at the end is one of the current problems as the SS can rarely hear the Atyeo and vicky-verky 

I always thought it would be better to get everybody singing at the same time if the sound was central on a side stand and would then cascade out both sides?

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

As a former Eastender the Atyeo never appealed to me, I never used it even before the EE was reopened so had no appetite of moving there.

I'd like to see this group returned to its rightful end of the ground as we were led to believe would happen following completion of the build.

Ok the SS is all new and shiny but it has great acoustics and I think there could be potential for a fans themed area on that corner section between the SS and the Dolman. 

I suppose the only issue that remains is the standing issue but I with safe standing getting ever close it won't be an issue forever.

Whilst We Need Our Singers to create a good atmosphere, as a season ticket holder in the area mentioned (family area) I dont think that area is an option. I personally would use the lower or upper lansdown stand (atyeo end) for our standy up singers!

5 minutes ago, tomo said:

Whilst We Need Our Singers to create a good atmosphere, as a season ticket holder in the area mentioned (family area) I dont think that area is an option. I personally would use the lower or upper lansdown stand (atyeo end) for our standy up singers!

Can't see that being viable. The Lansdown is more expensive, loads of corporate areas there, the additional cost of unnecessarily opening the top tier.. wouldn't be a good location.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't see that being viable. The Lansdown is more expensive, loads of corporate areas there, the additional cost of unnecessarily opening the top tier.. wouldn't be a good location.

Dolman A and B ? But cant stand up?

5 minutes ago, tomo said:

Dolman A and B ? But cant stand up?

Don't think it would work. A fair few STs are there who may not want to be relocated. Lots of people like those areas for the opportunity to stand and killing off the standing would also harm the atmosphere they produce.

An advantage of the south stand is that it is in the middle of our supporters which could make it a focal point that boosts atmosphere for the rest of the ground.

4 hours ago, tomo said:

I think the fact the club have said they are looking at the Atyeo and the family section gives an indication that they are possibly looking to swap the two areas around.

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Just curious why it would not work? I personally think that at the end is one of the current problems as the SS can rarely hear the Atyeo and vicky-verky 

I always thought it would be better to get everybody singing at the same time if the sound was central on a side stand and would then cascade out both sides?

I'm no acoustic expert but I think I'm safe to say if you put a bunch of singers in a block on the half way line then the sound will travel well over to the opposite stand but then struggle to reach the end stands. 

Putting singers in the narrower end stand means the sound can fill the whole stadium. 

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm no acoustic expert but I think I'm safe to say if you put a bunch of singers in a block on the half way line then the sound will travel well over to the opposite stand but then struggle to reach the end stands. 

Putting singers in the narrower end stand means the sound can fill the whole stadium. 

Fair enough but we need all people who genuinely want to sing to have a bigger area as I sit half way down the dolman and I struggle to hear some songs (when there is a bit of general bustle and excitement); the exact time ironically, that the quieter contingent would be willing to join in !!

39 minutes ago, Redarmy1 said:

When we were on the bad run at oakwell these meetings got cancelled. Be interesting to see if same happens with yourselves if he's still in charge then.

Yet the other day you were saying how great it was how your managers etc get questioned on the radio, or does that only happen when your winning?

This isn't about our current form, this is about the fans and where they are to be located in the future. 

32 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yet the other day you were saying how great it was how your managers etc get questioned on the radio, or does that only happen when your winning?

This isn't about our current form, this is about the fans and where they are to be located in the future

Someone on another thread said that our current plight was the fans' fault.

Surely the club doesn't want us "worst fans" to be anywhere near Ashton Gate.

I think something needs to be done about the placement of our singers.   Having our singing fans stuck out on a limb in a corner of a ground where they can be outnumbered by teams that bring a big away following is just madness. Has is having empty terraces behind one of the goals.

In my eyes and ears, the Atyeo corner just isn't working. I'm sure they will argue they are loud and creating an atmosphere but you just don't hear it enough in other parts of ground due to location and numbers. Other parts of the ground do pipe up every now and then but its too sporadic and short. When teams come down in numbers as they did yesterday, they totally out-sing/chant us.......even Reading!

The only answer is going back to the drawing board and look to jig things around ready for next season. Unfortunately, it may well mean some season tickets holders and specific groups moving but for me, the Ashton Gate atmosphere regardless of this bad run has been pretty poor and the club needs to consider how we can improve this especially as we keep being told we are the "12th man" blah-de-blah.

Move the family/kids local football clubs to S19/S20

Move the "Heineken Lounge" fans to S18

This way you move all the corporate, kids and family towards the West Stand

Any other fans displaced from S18/S19/S20 can be offered S24 or other available seats in SS

Make S27/S26/S25 unreserved for the "signing" element. This area could become safe standing if/when available ala Celtic

Forget the Atyeo pub idea and give over the bar area in the South/Dolman Corner to those fans for fitting out/decorating. You could also make the concourse area below (the big curved wall) a more "football" "city memorabilia" area.   

With the singing element in S27/S26/S25, it would mean occasional signers in S21 to S24 and E28/E29 etc are more likely to join in more often/longer ergo creating a better atmosphere

The away fans can rattle about in the Atyeo and have more concourse facilities

No pissing about with having to move home fans for big cup games

The club could retain storage/steward space under the Atyeo

The lower bowl would be more full, more often meaning the upper tier being opened up more often

Everyone's a winner :winner_third_h4h:

1000153.png

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

In my eyes and ears, the Atyeo corner just isn't working. I'm sure they will argue they are loud and creating an atmosphere but you just don't hear it enough in other parts of ground due to location and numbers. Other parts of the ground do pipe up every now and then but its too sporadic and short. When teams come down in numbers as they did yesterday, they totally out-sing/chant us.......even Reading!

The only answer is going back to the drawing board and look to jig things around ready for next season. Unfortunately, it may well mean some season tickets holders and specific groups moving but for me, the Ashton Gate atmosphere regardless of this bad run has been pretty poor and the club needs to consider how we can improve this especially as we keep being told we are the "12th man" blah-de-blah.

Any other fans displaced from S18/S19/S20 can be offered S24 or other available seats in SS

Make S27/S26/S25 unreserved for the "signing" element. This area could become safe standing if/when available ala Celtic

Forget the Atyeo pub idea and give over the bar area in the South/Dolman Corner to those fans for fitting out/decorating. You could also make the concourse area below (the big curved wall) a more "football" "city memorabilia" area.   

With the singing element in S27/S26/S25, it would mean occasional signers in S21 to S24 and E28/E29 etc are more likely to join in more often/longer ergo creating a better atmosphere

The lower bowl would be more full, more often meaning the upper tier being opened up more often

1000153.png

Sensible solution and it's the one we'll get I think.

20 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

1000153.png

I agree with you pretty much on all of that. im in S19 and would be affected by your proposal however If that was decided I'd hope to be further consulted rather than it forced upon me.

Everything else you suggest about the wall etc is perfect

I'd still go with putting the family section in the Atyeo tho.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

....... If that was decided I'd hope to be further consulted rather than it forced upon me.

That has to be a big factor in this - assumedly whatever happens someone else is going to be affected - lets hope they are dealt with correctly too

6 minutes ago, kivsy said:

The only thing I noticed is ,, you say the Atyeo corner isn't working , but want to put the singers in another corner of the ground.   

Yes, I don't think the current set up is working due to them being totally disconnected from other home fans not necessarily because they are in a corner.

What I suggested would mean the "singers" will be totally integrated and surrounded by the south stand and dolman fans which would help enormously with encouraging more fans in those areas to sing and chant more often / join in

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I agree with you pretty much on all of that. im in S19 and would be affected by your proposal however If that was decided I'd hope to be further consulted rather than it forced upon me.

Everything else you suggest about the wall etc is perfect

I'd still go with putting the family section in the Atyeo tho.

Why would you put the Family Section i.e. The people who's very attendance the club will rely on in the future, in the sh*ttest part of the ground!? You want to make the kids feel part of it not bloody miles away from it! 

Archived