IGNORED

1st one in?

Dolman Block B

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

Do fear anyone who choose America over signing for a English club( which I imagine there would have been a few?). Agreed his character would be ideal and he seemed a leader, very injury prone? 

I could understand if you said China, but for MLS I don't think I agree. It's much more competitive than it was even 5 years ago. Of course no where near to PL level but it's not that bad. 

Going to the MLS and coming back to England didn't work out too badly for Jermaine Defoe. (and yes, before someone takes it upon them to be tedious, I know he played in Canada).

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I could understand if you said China, but for MLS I don't think I agree. It's much more competitive than it was even 5 years ago. Of course no where near to PL level but it's not that bad. 

Going to the MLS and coming back to England didn't work out too badly for Jermaine Defoe. (and yes, before someone takes it upon them to be tedious, I know he played in Canada).

Good point . On aside not . Jermaine Defoe how he hasn't played for England more is a mystery. I just googled his career and he played 55 times for England. Didn't realise it was that many. Since he's been back from MLS he has been just as prolific. Would still give him a recall to the national side.Anyway back on topic. If Taylor is fit . Sign him on 

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Good point . On aside not . Jermaine Defoe how he hasn't played for England more is a mystery. I think he's has been one of the most natural goalscores in the last 15 years. Anyway back on topic. If Taylor is fit . Sign him on 

Agree - he hasn't really declined with age, never relied on raw pace of athleticism - more his brain, finishing and instincts which have maybe even improved as he's got older.

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sorry Foggy just edited original post . But ye totally agree. Great player

Obviously Defoe is far too good and expensive for us but would love to see a top level finisher like him playing at Ashton Gate. We've had a few since I've been watching and I love the skill of a player who can find the perfect run behind the defence and slot goals away with ease.

Archived