IGNORED

Milan Djuric - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED

bcfcchris2016

10 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I can't say this looks a particularly exciting signing, he's hardly prolific at a mid table series b club. They loaned him out a lot, which suggests he's not highly prized, and I don't consider it a great division. But who knows...

Obviously it's better to look at the bigger picture than JUST his scoring record. How many starts did he make? What sort of player is he?

Going on his physical stats alone and the fact he apparently scored a hattrick of headers for Bosnia u21's, he's probably a target-man. Wilbraham hasn't always been prolific either.

9 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I can't say this looks a particularly exciting signing, he's hardly prolific at a mid table series b club. They loaned him out a lot, which suggests he's not highly prized, and I don't consider it a great division. But who knows...

Doesn't need to be prolific as a target man. Players like that offer something at both ends of the pitch as well.

4 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

He's been following him for a while. 

Hordur was on loan at Cesena, so they've played together. Could be a recommendation. 

And on the prolific front, I know it's not everything, just with so many missed chances you'd say we could do with it! I'll judge anyone when they play twenty games of course... and I'm sure the scouts do a bit more work than I just have ;)

11 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

Hordur was on loan at Cesena, so they've played together. Could be a recommendation. 

And on the prolific front, I know it's not everything, just with so many missed chances you'd say we could do with it! I'll judge anyone when they play twenty games of course... and I'm sure the scouts do a bit more work than I just have ;)

Plus as others have said target men rarely have decent goal scoring ratios . If he's mobile , holds the ball up well and brings others in to play then he's just what we need. Like you say time will tell though 

31 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

Sounds like some of the comments when we signed Wilbraham....

37 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

Just like Wilbrahams stats when he first came here..

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - assuming the Ba and Djuric rumours are true - that we're bringing in foreign based players that have played together. 

Both lads are about six foot six too; pop them in a line up with Abraham, Wilbraham and Flint, and we should score a few corners now and again!

Archived