IGNORED

Milan Djuric - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED

bcfcchris2016

Fantastic signing if true, a great target man who has been playing regularly upfront for the Bosnian national team with Edin Dzeko. Cesena's best player this season.

He and Magnusson were teammates for two years at Cesena so they know each other well.

8 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Oops should have said a City/Johnson tradition

Apologies to all. The present ****ed-up again/****-ed up as usual situation is bringing out all my nasty sarcasm

We have got a Football Club but that's just about all the consolation we have. AAAAArrrrrgggghhhhhh. The curse!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's hard to check these details these days if you're not sat at home with your latest Rothmans yearbook...

Football League Directory was much better....went to print later, so was more accurate.

54 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

It's a family tradition for the Johnsons - sign a foreign player, mostly keep him on the bench and only play him out of position

You may be onto something! Apparently he's pretty good in goal too. Commands his area well but sometimes heads it into his own net instead of catching it. 

21 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think this is how City and LJ will go about recruitments in future. You'll get more for your money abroad and it's the unknown for the opposing team and manager! 

Hopefully he will be a success..

I sincerely hope so also. But we have a less than brilliant history of handling young foreign players properly. We did well briefly with Jimmy. It's the cheaper but much more tricky option.

The key as far as I can see is that you go through with it and build their confidence by playing the buggers! Otherwise you are wasting rather than saving money

Archived