IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

22 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Just spoke to a friend of mine who grew up in Germany and follows their league closely. Said good player and takes a hell of a free kick.

Took a cracker against Real Sociedad in the 90th minute.

19:06

CITY 'CLOSE' ON HEGELER

Bristol City are closing in on the signing of Hertha Berlin midfielder Jens Hegeler, according to the Bristol Post.

City boss Lee Johnson admitted the club are interested in the midfielder. 

He said: "The link is fair. It's one we're looking to try and do, but we are not close at the moment.

"It will be a tough one to do, because he is a very experienced player."

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

19:06

CITY 'CLOSE' ON HEGELER

Bristol City are closing in on the signing of Hertha Berlin midfielder Jens Hegeler, according to the Bristol Post.

City boss Lee Johnson admitted the club are interested in the midfielder. 

He said: "The link is fair. It's one we're looking to try and do, but we are not close at the moment.

"It will be a tough one to do, because he is a very experienced player."

S the club close or not? The headline and LJ seem far apart 

4 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Johnson out :whistle:

Maybe? LJ comes across like a guy I once employed, blagger and a bluffer! Couldn't wait to get rid of him and just had to wait for the right time. People like LJ don't pull the wool over people's eyes for long and are found out quite quick when the pressure comes along. I think he'll be here if the outcome is good after the Cardiff game. 

Bluffer - think you have him spot on there. In my experience it is a common scenario that self confidence and being a good bullsh***er will get you promoted beyond your competence level. It takes a while but eventually people see through it. Much prefer someone who just keeps a low profile, doesn't feel the need to tell everyone how it is, and gets on with the job. Please can we have one of those Mr L when you eventually see through the smokescreen and realise what a complete **** up you've made.

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Bluffer - think you have him spot on there. In my experience it is a common scenario that self confidence and being a good bullsh***er will get you promoted beyond your competence level. It takes a while but eventually people see through it. Much prefer someone who just keeps a low profile, doesn't feel the need to tell everyone how it is, and gets on with the job. Please can we have one of those Mr L when you eventually see through the smokescreen and realise what a complete **** up you've made.

Maybe you and Full Nelson should get a room? 

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Unfortunately this type get promoted so far up the chain where they can do less damage.They get all the money because of it.

Shit floats to the top, the proper, non pushy talent prop it up

I don't think LJ is a bullsh**er. No young manager arrives fully formed. Fergie was on the brink of being sacked by Man U early in his career. LJ (and I guess SL and MA) has realised that the club's commitment to developing young players comes at a cost, they need experienced players alongside them, and sometimes to go out on loan to develop. I am prepared to sit this out and see what happens in the second half of the season. We have 21 games to go and he always said it would take three windows to get the squad he wants. We'll see.

48 minutes ago, Richard Head said:

I don't think LJ is a bullsh**er. No young manager arrives fully formed. Fergie was on the brink of being sacked by Man U early in his career. LJ (and I guess SL and MA) has realised that the club's commitment to developing young players comes at a cost, they need experienced players alongside them, and sometimes to go out on loan to develop. I am prepared to sit this out and see what happens in the second half of the season. We have 21 games to go and he always said it would take three windows to get the squad he wants. We'll see.

We will see 

51 minutes ago, Richard Head said:

I agree, I may have a downer on SL, but if they are truly trying to build something, after the fanfare and sells pitch sold to the fans, they have to back their judgement and ride it out. Give LJ the windows he said he needs, review from their and build

25 minutes ago, TRL said:

I agree, I may have a downer on SL, but if they are truly trying to build something, after the fanfare and sells pitch sold to the fans, they have to back their judgement and ride it out. Give LJ the windows he said he needs, review from their and build

TRL i don't disagree with much you say but downer on SL ? really ? he has got a vision at least and um have you looked around the ground recently.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

TRL i don't disagree with much you say but downer on SL ? really ? he has got a vision at least and um have you looked around the ground recently.

I have a long standing one Stevie, I won't go over it again and bore everyone, but I am not his number one fan :)

1 hour ago, TRL said:

Let's just hope we aren't in league 1 when the 3rd window arrives !!!

6 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Let's just hope we aren't in league 1 when the 3rd window arrives !!!

Well if an owner truly believes their standpoint they see it out, not dump yet another manger.  Let him have his window and stick by him, if they think they have they young players to propel them ,then going down a division will be temporary an the push forward will be permanent.  

Archived