IGNORED

Flint and Fielding

southvillekiddy

Not the young lads but those two today.  Not good enough, not quick enough and incompetent. Not good enough to step up a League

The young lads really did their best but despite all the hype LJ has not recruited enough decent players.He does not have the pulling power to attract better players.We do not have the coaching staff to improve the mediocre players who come to us.

SL has chosen the wrong bloke again.  If some of the senior quality players are at odds with LJ how has this happened? Why is LJ incapable of choosing his best team . Why can he not instill in the team the will to defend a 2 goal lead and win today's game.

SL has had partial success with only 2 out of his 8 appointments. He's been too defensive/possessive to choose someone who can take us all the way 

And so it goes on and on and on .............

Flint was outstanding. Fielding could've saved all 3 should've save at least 1. That said, their goals were team problems not just any one person. First goal McShane was allowed to dribble 20 yards into our half before picking out the first pass to set up the goal. Where was the pressing? We pressed for about 65-70 minutes. As soon as we stopped they found their rhythm. I can't even remember the order of their second but one of them someone made about a 30 yard run from near the half way line to our box unmarked. That wasn't a defenders fault. It was just awful the last 20 minutes. So much effort for 70 minutes which I was proud of but they switched off and were punished by a good side. 

6 minutes ago, alandicks said:

Frankie frustrates with the speed and accuracy of his distribution, not sure he could do anything about the goals.

Thought Flint was outstanding. Won everything in the air and led by example.

He should win everything in the air, he's taller than everyone else. It's the slowness in his feet and legs that make him sub-standard at this level.

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I watched the crucial bits in the highlights. The bits that show our defensive errors. The bits the players watch after every game to supposedly improve.

Did you go to the game? Fielding had no chance for the goals and flint gave as good as he could after battling for 90 minutes.

you always seem to be the most fickle of fans.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

He had no chance on the goals. All free shots.

They were all free shots but none were clinical in the corners. Had a perfect view of all of them and he's just got short arms. Think O'Donnell would've saved at least one as he's a bit bigger. 

I think Fielding was to blame for the third goal at least. He doesn't dive quickly and his reach doesn't compensate.  He falls over in slow motion.  Love the guy's character but he has never inspired confidence.

Flint didn't do much wrong for me. Won nearly all his headers. He is far from being the weak link in the team.

Matthews went off at some point in the second half but somehow was still on the pitch at 95 minutes :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Did you go to the game? Fielding had no chance for the goals and flint gave as good as he could after battling for 90 minutes.

you always seem to be the most fickle of fans.

Just said I watched the highlights mate. As for fickleness, I love City, always will but it's been a regular experience over approx. 50 years or so to feel let down once again. For a change we have a good start to a season, seem to have some footballers in the side for a change but it unravels when we get to Championship level, so there is obviously something seriously wrong about our Club. I think we deserve more than being League 1 giants.

6 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

could have done a lot better for the crucial third. No one's pressing so he can see exactly what is coming up.

Yep nobody was pressing the ball, at times the two banks of four were so close together it was like playng with 8 defenders and still they ball watched as we tried to defend a two goal lead by camping in our own penalty area for almost an entire half. I dunno im getting pretty tired of watching this shit, it comes to something when you still are not confident of getting anything two goals up, im still ******* angry, on days like this i hate football.

3 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Just said I watched the highlights mate. As for fickleness, I love City, always will but it's been a regular experience over approx. 50 years or so to feel let down once again. For a change we have a good start to a season, seem to have some footballers in the side for a change but it unravels when we get to Championship level, so there is obviously something seriously wrong about our Club

So you watch highlights and think you have a right to comment or judge? Pathetic 

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

He should win everything in the air, he's taller than everyone else. It's the slowness in his feet and legs that make him sub-standard at this level.

That is an utterly ridiculous post; and I'm not one who kisses the ground he walks upon.

He should win as many as he does, being the vast majority. He will lose some, as will anyone because no-one at this level has ever been perfect for 90minutes. Christ remember 5ft naff all Matt Hill winning some because of his leap and aggressiveness?! 

Substandard at this level? Ludicrous. He's absolutely standard, if not better than. If he's available for a transfer there's no doubt he will not be begging a league one side to snap him up. 

4 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Yep nobody was pressing the ball, at times the two banks of four were so close together it was like playng with 8 defenders and still they ball watched as we tried to defend a two goal lead by camping in our own penalty area for almost an entire half. I dunno im getting pretty tired of watching this shit, it comes to something when you still are not confident of getting anything two goals up, im still ******* angry, on days like this i hate football.

Lack of Organisation and Leadership. I don't understand why Korey was captain/vice.

23 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not the young lads but those two today.  Not good enough, not quick enough and incompetent. Not good enough to step up a League

The young lads really did their best but despite all the hype LJ has not recruited enough decent players.He does not have the pulling power to attract better players.We do not have the coaching staff to improve the mediocre players who come to us.

SL has chosen the wrong bloke again.  If some of the senior quality players are at odds with LJ how has this happened? Why is LJ incapable of choosing his best team . Why can he not instill in the team the will to defend a 2 goal lead and win today's game.

SL has had partial success with only 2 out of his 8 appointments. He's been too defensive/possessive to choose someone who can take us all the way 

And so it goes on and on and on .............

Hope SL pulls the plug . Then see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

That is an utterly ridiculous post; and I'm not one who kisses the ground he walks upon.

He should win as many as he does, being the vast majority. He will lose some, as will anyone because no-one at this level has ever been perfect for 90minutes. Christ remember 5ft naff all Matt Hill winning some because of his leap and aggressiveness?! 

Substandard at this level? Ludicrous. He's absolutely standard, if not better than. If he's available for a transfer there's no doubt he will not be begging a league one side to snap him up. 

Why is it ridiculous to state that a tall defender has an advantage if a cross comes in. Why is is ridiculous to say he is not quick on his feet. He isn't

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Why is it ridiculous to state that a tall defender has an advantage if a cross comes in. Why is is ridiculous to say he is not quick on his feet. He isn't

It's ridiculous because of many things. Consider the flight of a cross. If it's whipped in low height is no advantage for one. Sometimes being a bit nippy and average height will give you the advantage. 

Carsten Janker didn't win every header; neither will Aden Flint. Both win their fair share. 

Archived