IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

Along with the sadness at the awful events In Manchester

I see Sir Roger Moore has passed away after a short battle with cancer

Wonderful actor and wonderfully British

RIP Sir Roger

Edit

Apologies - I have noticed Super has added Sir Roger to the RIP thread (Didn't realise there was one)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Along with the sadness at the awful events In Manchester

I see Sir Roger Moore has passed away after a short battle with cancer

Wonderful actor and wonderfully British

RIP Sir Roger

Edit

Apologies - I have noticed Super has added Sir Roger to the RIP thread (Didn't realise there was one)

No worries Bob. He probably deserves a thread of his own. Legend.

21 hours ago, phantom said:

Death of moto GP rider Nicky Hayden has been announced following an accident in Italy 

2006 Moto GP Champ. All those years riding the fastest motorcycles on the planet, and he dies in a cycling accident. One of the best racers I have had the privilege of watching. The Kentucky Kid was insanely fast.I will always remember his dust up in Estoril with Pederosa.

Keep it pinned, Champ.

Sir Roger Moore -  'Saint' .. '007 Licenced To Kill'.....  & a whole lot more! ...    R.I.P 

(this clip pretty well sums up much of his incredible, much loved, iconic British and International Superstars professional and personal life ... will be sorely missed and eternally remembered by millions of fans)

Apart from possessing the sort of self awareness that many "famous" people seem to totally lack, Sir Roger Moore was funny and incredibly kind. He worked tirelessly for UNICEF up until the very end trying to improve the lives of many kids who didn't have much.

I loved him in The Saint, thought he was a far better Bond than he was ever given credit for and if you followed him on Twitter it came across than he was simply a top bloke.

RIP.

RIP Roger, a favourite of mine. Never took himself too seriously and a lovely bloke to boot.  Bought something quirky to bond that only he could do. I will miss him more than most actors.

Want to watch one of his Bond movies now.

36 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Wasn't he once Mister Cher ?

I remember in the 70's NME used to call him "gruntin'" Greg !

He was married to Cher for a while - I suppose they were sort of the Posh and Becks of their day.

She`s pretty upset and has tweeted some nice words this morning. Personally, I don`t think he ever really got over his brother getting killed in 1971.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was married to Cher for a while - I suppose they were sort of the Posh and Becks of their day.

She`s pretty upset and has tweeted some nice words this morning. Personally, I don`t think he ever really got over his brother getting killed in 1971.

Greg & Cher ... A picture of Cher and Allman together

Archived