IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I just want to signal the premature passing of my cousin , Clare , nes Gedge from Pill.

She was a gentle, kind person and taken way too young .

She was a big City supporter and I'm sure many of you would have known her .

My thoughts and love go out to her family and loved ones.

RIP Clare.

**** cancer .

In the past year cancer has taken my mum and my dog. Cancer can indeed go **** itself. 

On 16/06/2017 at 21:23, One Team In Keynsham said:

In the past year cancer has taken my mum and my dog. Cancer can indeed go **** itself. 

There is something very wrong with the planet for so many people to be afflicted by this disease.

I thought it was just a question of people living longer and the body just gradually being unable to regulate itself but I, like you , have lost too many young people for it to be that .

It is very worrying and no gouvernment , country or organisation talks about it .

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Brian Cant now passed away at 83.

Remember him well from Playschool, Bric-a-Brac and the legendary Camberwick Green/Trumpton. 

Brilliant on Trumpton & Camberwick Green! Watch it now if you can being older...it's a masterpiece!

Obviously Brian's surname (in the right accent) was always worth a chuckle...reminds me of the classic sketch in Alan Partridge where Alan meets the South African chap from Dante Fires (what is the burning issue?!):

'Alan! You can't!'

'Well, there's no need for that!'

Thank you Brian, RIP.

As a follow up to my post announcing the sad death of my cousin Clare Bradley , her funeral is this afternoon and before she passed away she requested that there be no sadness for her and that everyone should dress in Red .

What a girl ! 

Another who joins the great City supporters club in the sky .

48 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Barry Norman 83 ..... (BBC Film Critic  from 1972 - 1998 ..)

Many of us virtually grew up with Barry during his famous stint on this show .. he was Mr Film on TV ... the original and best as far as I'm concerned)

R.I P Barry.

Woke up to this news: I concur, he WAS the TV film man. Sad loss.

15 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Another one from my childhood...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/06/grotbags-actor-carol-lee-scott-dies-aged-74?CMP=fb_gu

RIP Grotbags.

I actually met her in the late 90s when she was doing her one woman show. My old man tried heckling her. I've never seen a quicker putdown and he soon shut up!

There's somebody at...the Pearly Gates RIP

Archived