IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

wow didn't know that

I also remember trying to get in to watch it at The Kings, but I was turned away as I was too young!

Perhaps wearing my school uniform didn't help.

A long time ago now, but wasn't Percy the second film shown with Blazing Saddles?

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I also remember trying to get in to watch it at The Kings, but I was turned away as I was too young!

A long time ago now, but wasn't Percy the second film shown with Blazing Saddles?

Pssst, you'd have got in if you were drooling a bit and wearing a dirty raincoat!  ;) 

21 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thinking about it now ,it may been The Vandyke (Fishponds)

Thinking of fleapits, saw Virgin Soldiers at His Majestys (Concord) Eastville.............never again!

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:09, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think it was. When you think back to them days and which films were classed a X-films back then it makes you laugh. A Fistful Of Dollars was for instance - you can see it on TV on a Sunday afternoon now!

• Admin
On 03/08/2017 at 20:12, Red Right Hand said:

Also today Hywel Bennett of Shelley & Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy fame among a host of other things.

He also did some stand up, I had a cassette recording of him explaining how f**k is the most versatile word in the English language, so he was an educator as well.....

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The poor man had been suffering with dementia but still performing, RIP Glen Campbell a great performer and underrated guitarist.

An by all accounts a lovely human being too. They replayed an interview Mark Radcliffe did with him in 2009 on 6music this afternoon and poor old Mark was welling up afterwards.

Archived