IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

A very special lady starts off the 2017 R.I.P list...

Sadly passed away far too early at just 51 years of age....

Many many people in the country owe her a great deal of gratitude for her brave campaigning on their behalf even if they don't immediately recognise her name or know her story.  (Google her)

R. I. P.  Jill Saward. 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm a bit confused about this thread @WhistleHappy - are we to list "famous" people that pass in 2017?

Originally I thought it was aimed at people on OTIB passing away?

Sorry Phants, didn't have any 'rules' in mind, I assumed, like the awful 2016 rich/famous/celebrity shockers that most posts would be of the celeb/rich/famous variety but think also a place for Otibers to 'RIP' anyone else that may be dear to their own hearts or, as in the post above for Jill Seward, for people we feel are 'worthy of a mention' for some reason... Hopefully not many Otibers will pass away this year but of course those that do should be included.

Basically I guess its for anyone who feels an RIP here is appropriate during 2017 rich/famous/ football community related/ other ... feel free. 

18 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

A very special lady starts off the 2017 R.I.P list...

Sadly passed away far too early at just 51 years of age....

Many many people in the country owe her a great deal of gratitude for her brave campaigning on their behalf even if they don't immediately recognise her name or know her story.  (Google her)

R. I. P.  Jill Saward. 

I posted this on the `It`s about time` thread. A truly courageous lady who has done immeasurable good for so many women who have been subjected to horrendous crimes and has been largely responsible in the huge attitude shift that has taken place over the last thirty years towards the thousands of victims she supported. Back when she suffered her appalling attack there was still largely the `She must have been asking for it` view amongst the public and the authorities (as was pretty much proved by the arsehole of a judge at the trial and his crass comments) and she changed all that at enormous personal cost to her own health and happiness.

RIP Jill, I hope you now have the peace you so deserve.

20 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

"but where do you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed?  tell me thoughts that surround you. I want to look inside your head, ..yes I do....'

One of the most beautiful lyrics ever written... RIP Peter Sarstedt.

Did he ever reveal who it was meant to be about? Everyone seemed to think it was Sophia Loren.

32 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Au revoir Renè

Gordon Kaye,  'Allo 'Allo! star pops his clogs.

Listen very carefully....I will say this only once .... RIP Gordon (René) Kaye.

(remember 1987 when we had hurricane storms across the country and Gordon was seriously injured by a fallen tree branch which crashed though his windscreen and pierced his forehead... very touch and go that he would survive that one... pleased he did and was able to enjoy another 30 year lease of life.. )

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Elephant Man, we'll never forget you. RIP Sir John.

Yep, just seen this. RIP Sir John. One of my favourite actors down the years. The Naked Civil Servant, Alien, The Elephant Man - even Spaceballs!

Never failed to turn in a perfect performance playing characters you could truly believe in. We have lost one of the true greats of film and theatre today.

Archived