IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sad news. 

I've liked his work ever since those unforgettable shower scenes in Caged Heat. :devil:

It is sad news. He was one of those directors that was able to create atmosphere and terror without having to resort to CGI and special effects, a modern day Hitchcock if you like. SOTL is still a terrifying film even this long after it was released - mind you, casting Anthony Hopkins in the role was the real masterstroke!

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is sad news. He was one of those directors that was able to create atmosphere and terror without having to resort to CGI and special effects, a modern day Hitchcock if you like. SOTL is still a terrifying film even this long after it was released - mind you, casting Anthony Hopkins in the role was the real masterstroke!

Prefer Brian Cox as Lector in Manhunter, even though Manhunter is, in many ways, a worse film.

Cox gives the impression he would be able to rip someone apart if he wanted. Hopkins is too small, too old and too weedy. Great voice though. 

16 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

lPrefer Brian Cox as Lector in Manhunter, even though Manhunter is, in many ways, a worse film.

Cox gives the impression he would be able to rip someone apart if he wanted. Hopkins is too small, too old and too weedy. Great voice though. 

I know what you mean RR but Hopkins just exudes menace for me, you wouldn`t dare turn your back on him. I think it`s the voice more than anything - Christopher Ecclestone`s got the same ability as has Robert Carlile on occasion. It`s just the fact that they can turn from the nicest guy in the world to wanting to cut your heart out in an instant. Colin Farrell could have been the same if he hadn`t gone all weird.

Sadly Brady's death pretty much ends any hope of Keith Bennett's family ever finding his remains and getting to give him a proper burial. Admittedly it was pretty clear Brady was never going to do the decent thing but it must be devastating for them to have to accept they will never be given an answer. Brady doesn't even deserve a second thought so my thoughts are with the family of Keith Bennett and all the other victims. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Chris Cornell, who gained fame as the lead singer of Seattle grunge rock band Soundgarden, has died aged 52.

Great voice. Could do the softer and harder rock stuff. Was also lead singer in the supergroup Audioslave along with 3/4 of Rage Against the Machine.

45 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Great voice. Could do the softer and harder rock stuff. Was also lead singer in the supergroup Audioslave along with 3/4 of Rage Against the Machine.

Hubby is a massive fan of both Audioslave and Soundgarden. Unbelievable talent. RIP

Really sad to hear of the death, looking like suicide, of the ex Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman. One of the most distinctive voices in rock.

Soundgarden just reformed and were on world tour.

RIP Chris Cornell

Archived