IGNORED

RIP thread 2017 (Merged)

WhistleHappy

35 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suppose that, being somewhat local to me, I should advise that the French Elvis, Johnny Hallyday died this morning aged 74.

Can't say I know anything about the "French Elvis' but may I say Johnny Hallyday R I P .....

I found this lovely tribute recorded sometime ago that I think would be nice to play today in celebration and thanks of JH's life..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkrA6DtDgQ

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suppose that, being somewhat local to me, I should advise that the French Elvis, Johnny Hallyday died this morning aged 74.

A great showman who touched the hearts of many  people.

He is a French icon and will be missed.

He was a bit of a parody and easy to knock ( like our very own Cliff Richard ) but there is no doubting his rapport with his fans , the ' common ' people , who adored him .

Aux anges Johnny.

4 hours ago, jambodinho said:

August Ames committed suicide on Tuesday this week but I doubt many will own up to knowing who she is. The story behind it is pretty sad. 

You're right a very sad story, (just googled her and news of death)... Real name, Mercedes Grabowski, real person, real daughter, real sister, real human being with a real story  besides what she did for a living.. 

Very sad, tormented soul, hanged herself aged just 23 ...  thoughts with loved ones left behind... hope tormentors, abusers and bullies are now tortured by guilt themselves... 

R I P  Mercedes .

On 12/6/2017 at 09:43, Major Isewater said:

A great showman who touched the hearts of many  people.

He is a French icon and will be missed.

He was a bit of a parody and easy to knock ( like our very own Cliff Richard ) but there is no doubting his rapport with his fans , the ' common ' people , who adored him .

Aux anges Johnny.

Wow he was given a state funeral and upwards of 1 million people lined the route.

RIP JH.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

A bit of a highly-strung and annoyingly jumpy sort of a guy, Cheggers   but you always got the feeling that he was a really nice guy.

RIP Keith

All the tributes I`ve seen from people that knew and worked with him appear pretty genuine, not just the normal routine condolences. It makes me think he was really a nice guy.

Anyone remember a documentary years ago about the rise of Viz? They used to take the piss out of him relentlessly and he appeared in it as a homeless person going on about how they had ruined his career and he was reduced to sleeping in doorways and going through bins to survive. It was hilarious and fair play to him for doing it.

Top man IMO

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

All the tributes I`ve seen from people that knew and worked with him appear pretty genuine, not just the normal routine condolences. It makes me think he was really a nice guy.

Anyone remember a documentary years ago about the rise of Viz? They used to take the piss out of him relentlessly and he appeared in it as a homeless person going on about how they had ruined his career and he was reduced to sleeping in doorways and going through bins to survive. It was hilarious and fair play to him for doing it.

Top man IMO

Met him once, seemed a truly lovely guy, what you saw was what you got.  Clearly had demon in his life i.e. alcohol.

No age to go, and I didn't even know he was ill.  

RIP cheggers

7 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Heinz Wolf, the scientist that made science watchable on TV, many happy hours spent watching him and The Great Egg Race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42378765

Yeah, just seen that. Along with Magnus Pyke and Patrick Moore he made it accessible and fun. It was the mad scientist look that did it for me. RIP Mr Wolff - I think you really enjoyed your life and that`s the best anyone can expect really.

• The topic was locked

Archived