IGNORED

Be honest...do you all know what a County is?

spudski

Sad state of peoples willingness to learn in the UK.  There would be people all over the world willing to give a limb for an education,yet there are numpties who are so clueless about even the basic things.  It truly astounds me people can be 1 so thick or 2 show such little interest in anything other than their little bubble.

Embarrassing to them, embarrassing to their families, but I doubt either care.

I could understand if people have genuine learning difficulties,but I know many people like this, who do not have learning difficulties, they are just lazy uninterested wasters  (IMO) :)

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What is your name ?

What is your favourite colour ? 

In 1953 , What year was It ? 

In the 1972 Irish Sheepdog trials , How many were found guilty ? 

What is Queen Elizabeth's first name ? 

What colour is à Red door ? 

Who wrote Shakespeare's play Macbeth ? 

The Queen question is tricky....  The or Queen?

To be fair, most players General knowledge has been appalling in this series. I know it's done as a bit of fun, but can;t help feeling it kind of demeans the players a little... and what is it with 2 or 3 minutes of running time whilst players are thinking of an answer.. give them 20 seconds and move on....

Nobody uses county's in my generation, I know what one is but don't think I've ever had to tell someone mine/find out another. SatNavs and Google Maps etc skip that stage. If you never need to learn it, nor hear it, then you probably won't. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't used in 50 years.

Just now, Griffin said:

Nobody uses county's in my generation, I know what one is but don't think I've ever had to tell someone mine/find out another. SatNavs and Google Maps etc skip that stage. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't used in 50 years.

Cricket fans do.....

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Nobody uses county's in my generation, I know what one is but don't think I've ever had to tell someone mine/find out another. SatNavs and Google Maps etc skip that stage. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't used in 50 years.

Unsure which generation you are referring too, but i;m going to presume you mean millennials due to the tech reference. Counties are homage to a sense of identity and also pride. Are you telling me the lincolnshire sausage will cease to exist due to google maps? 

13 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

There was a bird on Pointless last night ( the TV Show not City's Xmas) and she was at Uni somewhere, and she was asked for a country whose name ends in two consonants. Her answer? Paris.

Albania, Georgia, Slovakia?

7 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Unsure which generation you are referring too, but i;m going to presume you mean millennials due to the tech reference. Counties are homage to a sense of identity and also pride. Are you telling me the lincolnshire sausage will cease to exist due to google maps? 

If it does I shall march on Parliament!

It's the only good thing to come out of Lincolnshire.

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Nobody uses county's in my generation, I know what one is but don't think I've ever had to tell someone mine/find out another. SatNavs and Google Maps etc skip that stage. If you never need to learn it, nor hear it, then you probably won't. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't used in 50 years.

Insurance companies

County councils

Mortgage providers

NHS trusts, Fire brigades and Police Force

Six quickly off the top of my head.  

How do you think it will be gone in 50 years?  I'm not being sarcastic, genuinly intered how the younger generation come to this type of conclusion

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Surprised by that, as many times online, when entering an address when buying or applying for something, a 'drop down' asks you which County.

General knowledge especially Geography has definitely dumbed down in the last 20 years imo.

Young people don't have to think as much anymore, especially in the western world...it's all done for them.

Archived