IGNORED

New Formation

Unan

56 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Think LJ's going to change his 'main' formation? Hopefully, I'd like to see.. (Presuming we make the suggested signings)

bb9c2467448bee6e4779dd2d2b86270c.png

Tomlin, Reid and 2 Strikers..? 

One defensive midfielder..?

We'd get slaughtered!

Can't imagine it.

Don't think Little is consistently good enough at this level to play right wing back. Don't think a Tomlin/Reid midfield is robust and tenacious enough.

LJ clearly likes Browhill and I think he'll aim to build the midfield around him in the next few months. I really like what I've seen of Brownhill recently so this is no bad thing.

I am intrigued to see what our defence will line up as assuming we sign both Willis and Wright. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That looks a lot more plausible. 

Is that because he used a fancier method of displaying it?

It does actually look like a more plausible formation, although personally I'd hope that the front three and wing backs are pretty fluid and we slip slip between a 3-4-3 in possession and a 5-4-1 when defending.  

You could also drop Hegeler into a proper CDM position with 3 of Brownhill, Reid, O'Neil or Smith in front and one (perhaps Djuric) up top for an ultra-defensive/counter-attacking 5-1-3-1.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

I'm not convinced we'll be changing to a 'regular' 3-5-2 - i think Mags will end up left back in a back 4 as i don't think LJ rates either Golbourne or Bryan there. 

I don't think we will unfortunately, it's just what I'd like to see

Johnson has said on more than one occasion that he favours 4-4-2 but that we don't currently have the players for it.

I don't know what this German lad's style is but my guess is he's there to add steel to the midfield, playing alongside either Pack/O'Neill sitting deeper or Reid/Brownhill pushed forward.

A targetman forward like the rumoured Italian would help Abraham to play against more physical defences.

The only thing not resolved is the issue of where to play Tomlin. I think he may have to become more of a bit-part player as JET was a couple of years back because I can't see a clear role for him in a 4-4-2 lineup.

1 hour ago, Portchy said:

What about this? And we could interchange between a 442/4231 and a 352 during the game.

image.png

I can see where you going with this.

personally would like to see Bryan in the middle and Tomlin needs to sit in the middle as well with hegeler slightly deeper to cover Tomlin and Bryan when they break forward. Would like to see a new signing as rwb.

i personally think it's worth a go

i reckon that's the only way we can play 2 up front without midfield being over run.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

I can see where you going with this.

personally would like to see Bryan in the middle and Tomlin needs to sit in the middle as well with hegeler slightly deeper to cover Tomlin and Bryan when they break forward. Would like to see a new signing as rwb.

i personally think it's worth a go

i reckon that's the only way we can play 2 up front without midfield being over run.

Yeah especially if you want to make Tomlin involved in the game.

But then again Bryan can play LWB instead of O'Dowda but I only chose Brownhill because he's in great form and most definitely deserves a run in the team.

I think maybe Willis (bloke from Coventry) would do a decent job a RWB but I feel Little deserves another chance in the team after a MOTM performance against Reading. IMO

5 hours ago, Griffin said:

Think LJ's going to change his 'main' formation? Hopefully, I'd like to see.. (Presuming we make the suggested signings)

The season is half over and Johnson still doesn't appear to know what his best 11 OR formation is.

In my opinion, We aren't good enough for Johnson to continually rotate and change.

We all want the same thing for BCFC, and will all choose different personnel and formations. However, I'm confident that none of us would choose Johnsons latest formation of 4-6-0.

48 hours on and I'm as disgusted now as I was on Monday.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

We have to have the average tallest team in the league now, and combined with the fact during earlier season we were top 3 in aerial duels, I am expecting goals after goals with our big guys on corners and set pieces!

Our problem could be that we are bottom three forgetting the cross past the first defender.

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

If he does change to that I'd much rather Tomlin be sat in the middle behind Djuric and Tammy with Hegelar and Pack/Smith behind him, I think Tomlin is better in the middle, especially with two strikers in front of him to make moves/runs for him.

9 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

New formation?

Surely we've tried nearly every formation possible already this season ?

Perhaps an inverted diamond is the only one left

Pergaps he should try a double diamond.

It works wonders ( for those of a certain age!)

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

With Tomlin 'in the hole' and the wingbacks with commensurate horrible workload I think we would need it.

That's my thinking Rob. 2 sitting in front would make us more rigid. Some of these formations being posted are too open IMO. It's ok if you have the best players in the league.

Archived