IGNORED

2 new signings!

Judda

4 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Excited by both signings...just hope LJ plays them both Saturday , be ideal to bed them both 

You'll have be quick to get in before Rudolph.

17 minutes ago, Judda said:

Great to see we have 2 more on board.... for you lot to start snagging off before they have even kicked a ball! :grr:

Mate don't tar everyone with the same brush. Whilst there are many on here that will always go straight to the nagative.....let it be known I'm not one of them.

EVERY player will get 45 mins to prove themselves before I kick off.

Everyone is going to have an opinion, from what I've seen of the two lads they look promising but it's another two players with no experience in the Championship which is always going to be a concern. I guess it's just a case of the lads getting stuck in and Lee getting these lads doing what needs to be done on the pitch. One thing we have going for us if we now have two players who can get in the box on corners who are both around 6'6" and that's got to be intimidating.

10 minutes ago, class_not_gas said:

Look I'm all for paying the players old and new a fair wage , but you have to draw the line somewhere 

Maybe this is why we missed out on Gray last summer? Contract negotiations could have broken down because we didnt offer him an, ahem... Welcome package?

24 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Maybe this is why we missed out on Gray last summer? Contract negotiations could have broken down because we didnt offer him an, ahem... Welcome package?

What clinched Golborne's  signing was when  LJ promised to pull him off at half time from time to time.

At his previous club all he got was an energy drink and a piece of chocolate.

Both look decent signings, and we clearly had these pretty much lined up, which shows good work behind the scenes.

Want to get excited, but feel partly after the summer which felt really good that it is a bit like 'that lot did not work, lets try another lot'. LJ needs to prove he can really team build as much as sign players.

Will feel much better about it all after a win or two of course.

The transfer window has come at the right time and was critical for LJ. The club have backed him with 2 very good signings indeed based on what I have seen and read about both players. Hopefully we can add 2 more - GK and another CB. If we could get another "bully" type player in midfield I would be happy and then we can let O'Neill leave.

I think these signings have helped lift some of the gloom following the Reading debacle and both must be intended to go straight into first team. What I particularly like is that we are buying players with a genuine physical presence. If Wright signs as well he is another at 6ft. Upfront we will certainly have a physical presence and we will be more dangerous from set pieces.  In midfield Hegeler looks like he could provide that "steel" which has been missing now for a long time.

I hope that things work out as Saturday is now a big game as LJ fights to arrest our poor form. I would expect both players to come into the team.

1 hour ago, coxyboy said:

Excited by both signings...just hope LJ plays them both Saturday , be ideal to bed them both in

We won't be the only ones with a new striker

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town-fc/fleetwood-win-the-race-for-in-demand-non-league-hot-shot-1-8316746

Fleetwood have swooped for another talented non-league hot-shot as they beat a host of clubs to secure the signature of Rushall Olympic forward Alex Reid. Championship side Sheffield Wednesday and National League outfit Tranmere Rovers were among clubs known to have sent scouts to watch the highly-rated 21-year-old feature for the NPL Premier Division league leaders this term.

Reid, who began his career on Aston Villa’s books before a youth spell with Walsall, joined Rushall from Solihull Moors in 2015 and netted 26 times in his debut season. That goal-haul put him on the radar of many Football League clubs and after following it up with 14 goals in 26 games for Rushall this term he has become Uwe Rosler’s second January signing.

Archived