IGNORED

Strewth

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember him, just. I remember the name anyway- did he ever play for us?

He was on our books for a year, I seem to remember that he was a big guy, I must have seen him in the reserves. According to soccerbase he didn't seem to actually have any games for anybody and his career lasted 3 seasons. Something in sales at Coventry City now apparently.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He was on our books for a year, I seem to remember that he was a big guy, I must have seen him in the reserves. According to soccerbase he didn't seem to actually have any games for anybody and his career lasted 3 seasons. Something in sales at Coventry City now apparently.

That figures. I seem to recall also we went through a period of signing loanee keepers only to leave them on the bench week in week out, when Steve Phillips had his long long unbroken run in goal, in the League One days.

15 minutes ago, Andy1970 said:

Aggo, aggo aggo! Liked watching him play and very disappointed when he left. David Seal too. Although if memory serves he didn't get too much of a run in the first team?

The thing about Seal was, if people think that players like JET and Tomlin were passengers at times, they had nothing on Seal. He was the absolute archetypal goal poacher. He rarely did anything else on the pitch. Ago was the ideal foil for him because he had a tremendous workrate, but it was not always easy to carry him.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The thing about Seal was, if people think that players like JET and Tomlin were passengers at times, they had nothing on Seal. He was the absolute archetypal goal poacher. He rarely did anything else on the pitch. Ago was the ideal foil for him because he had a tremendous workrate, but it was not always easy to carry him.

Ahh. Sounds about right that. I remember him scoring loads in the reserves but couldn't get a start for the first 11. That'd be why.

3 minutes ago, Andy1970 said:

Ahh. Sounds about right that. I remember him scoring loads in the reserves but couldn't get a start for the first 11. That'd be why.

My fondest memory of him was a goal he scored against Hull (I think it was anyway) It was in the middle of the dullest period of City watching I can remember, when Pulis was Manager. For some reason I was sat with my dad in the Dolman, not my usual place, and a thrown came to him 35 yards from goal and sent an absolute screamer into the top corner. I spent the rest of the game hoping that they might give him the ball again, but it was the only thing worth seeing in the whole 90+ minutes. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Jordan Dropped him because he wasn't getting on the end of enough... But he had scored about 8 or 9 before Christmas if I remember rightly, a load of belters from outside and around the edge of the box.... duh, he isn't getting on the end of enough?! maybe not,but he was scoring.  The goal scoring wasn't great for the remainder of that season.

Always wonder what would have become of hiscareer if that decision hadn't been taken.  Went on to Northampton for a profit did okay. Then bagged a load in non league.  Doesn't he own, or used to own the indoor cricket place up at Whitchurch?

10 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Used to love watching Seal and Agostino. I remember them tearing the Gas apart at twerton one year. 

Happy days, one of my fave away days - ever! Waited a long time for that. Beers in Bath beforehand, rocked up in a taxi, fell out! Remember everything like it was yesterday!!

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Always remember David Seal for all the wrong reasons, City sent him out on loan to Northampton, let him play against us then scores the winner :facepalm:

Not as bad a Junior Bent for Blackpool though!  Haha Bent haha  haha haha he'll never score..... wtf, and from where? bugger

Archived