IGNORED

New Training Ground

JasonM88

In Bailey Wrights interview (http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bailey-wright-my-premier-league-ambitions-will-be-better-served-at-bristol-city-than-preston/story-30045682-detail/story.html#LbsrmDMPagCjAQBe.99)with the post he talks about there being plans for a new training ground. Unless I'm mistaken, there's not is there, at least in public domain. 

"I was sat on the bench thinking 'this is a really big club now'. The owner is backing the manager, there are plans for a new training ground and things are moving behind the scenes.

Good. I think Failand is pretty good but it's not quite inline with the quality of the stadium or the level the club want to be competing at.

Would be good for us to create a genuinely state of the art training facility as I think it's a draw for players who often comment on it as they spend the majority of their 'work' time there. 

14 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

In Bailey Wrights interview (http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bailey-wright-my-premier-league-ambitions-will-be-better-served-at-bristol-city-than-preston/story-30045682-detail/story.html#LbsrmDMPagCjAQBe.99)with the post he talks about there being plans for a new training ground. Unless I'm mistaken, there's not is there, at least in public domain. 

"I was sat on the bench thinking 'this is a really big club now'. The owner is backing the manager, there are plans for a new training ground and things are moving behind the scenes.

Maybe he thought he was signing for the Gas ? 

On 1/10/2017 at 20:15, JasonM88 said:

Plans on ours coming along nicely so I doubt training grounds were a big factor in Wright's move.

Just now, hoxton casual said:

it does look pretty special but I cannot remember that being said?

I can't either, just seems to make sense, we share a ground and have common ownership, merging of strips for both club etc, surely we would't want two different training grounds. I suppose the availability of space for the pitches needed for both clubs could be an issue?

6 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

its all strangely quiet on this topic isnt it? Or is that not suprising with our club lack of communication?

All gone rather quiet too regarding the plans for Wickes/Dreams and the development of Hotel/Basketball Arena which was mooted by some a month or two ago. Pretty sure @Dollymarie said news would be forthcoming soon? 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

All gone rather quiet too regarding the plans for Wickes/Dreams and the development of Hotel/Basketball Arena which was mooted by some a month or two ago. Pretty sure @Dollymarie said news would be forthcoming soon? 

I am guessing it's our lovely council faffing about! Let's not forget they can't even realise a football match and a 10k happening on the same day would be a bad thing. 

The club won't want to announce anything until it's all confirmed for definite. 

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I am guessing it's our lovely council faffing about! Let's not forget they can't even realise a football match and a 10k happening on the same day would be a bad thing. 

The club won't want to announce anything until it's all confirmed for definite. 

I have missed these plans. What has the club been working on wrt to Wickes? is there a press release or any plans?

3 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I have missed these plans. What has the club been working on wrt to Wickes? is there a press release or any plans?

The "The club won't want to announce anything until it's all confirmed for definite." part of Dolly's post kinda answers that...  

The poorly kept secret is rumoured to be that we have a large portion of the land to the west of the ground that will house hotel and conferencing facilities and a purpose built home for the Bristol Flyers.

From what I have read there are two developments to be announced.

One is the redevelopment of the Wickes site with a hotel and indoor sports arena.

The other seems to be reliant of the redevelopment of Ashton Vale as part of the proposed Ashton Park housing plans to the south of Bristol.

If this is the case then maybe that's why the training ground plans have been put on hold.

Might be wrong but that's how I seem things at present.

53 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The "The club won't want to announce anything until it's all confirmed for definite." part of Dolly's post kinda answers that...  

The poorly kept secret is rumoured to be that we have a large portion of the land to the west of the ground that will house hotel and conferencing facilities and a purpose built home for the Bristol Flyers.

Thanks Steve. If the Bristol Arena gets cancelled could this be the replacement?

46 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

From what I have read there are two developments to be announced.

One is the redevelopment of the Wickes site with a hotel and indoor sports arena.

The other seems to be reliant of the redevelopment of Ashton Vale as part of the proposed Ashton Park housing plans to the south of Bristol.

If this is the case then maybe that's why the training ground plans have been put on hold.

Might be wrong but that's how I seem things at present.

Thanks Hillzider. Do you have any links to updates on Ashton Vale? We were all obesessed with it for a good while?

14 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Thanks Steve. If the Bristol Arena gets cancelled could this be the replacement?

Thanks Hillzider. Do you have any links to updates on Ashton Vale? We were all obesessed with it for a good while?

No idea, but to be honest I'd say it's unlikely.  The arena was to be a 10,000 capacity...very much doubt the Flyers arena will be big enough.  Would be nice to have it as a smaller scale replacement - say a 5,000 capacity maybe, though.  I'm a little surprised that AV hasn't been mooted as a possible Bristol Arena location.

Just now, Steve Watts said:

No idea, but to be honest I'd say it's unlikely.  The arena was to be a 10,000 capacity...very much doubt the Flyers arena will be big enough.  Would be nice to have it as a smaller scale replacement - say a 5,000 capacity maybe, though.  I'm a little surprised that AV hasn't been mooted as a possible Bristol Arena location.

I think it was initially! 

24 minutes ago, redpole said:

I was thinking the basketball arena might be on the lines of Cardiff ice arena that has a 3.5k capacity.

If this gets go ahead might also allow bristol ice hockey team to return to bristol under bristol sport umbrella. 

Building new indoor ice areana up cribbs are they not ? 

Archived