IGNORED

Team V Cardiff City

Healeyred96

Fielding 

Little     Flint     Wright       Golbourne 

Hegeler 

Brownhill        Tomlin       Paterson 

Duric     Abraham 

Subs O'Donnell  Magnusson Bryan Pack  Reid  Freeman  Wilbraham 

FF

Little Flint Wright Golbourne

Hegeler Brownhill

O'Dowda.                      Tomlin

Djuric Tammy

Best way for me to fit Tomlin in and not drop Brownhill. Assuming Freeman won't play either. It's tough to name a lineup now. I'd be tempted to play diamond with Reid behind the strikers if we aren't worried about playing Tomlin. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

FF

Hegeler Brownhill

Djuric Tammy

Best way for me to fit Tomlin in and not drop Brownhill. Assuming Freeman won't play either. It's tough to name a lineup now. I'd be tempted to play diamond with Reid behind the strikers if we aren't worried about playing Tomlin. 

I completely agree with this, normally I would want Tomlin through the middle but Gunnarson did a number on him last game, hopefully on the left he can find a bit more space! He's also an extremely good crosser, unfortunately most of the time he chooses the more difficult option, hopefully now we've got a greater aerial presence he might whip a few more in!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fielding

Wright.   Flint.     Magnusson

Little.                                    Bryan

Hegeler.   Brownhill

Tomlin

Djuric.    Abraham.

swap Matthews for little if fit enough and id be happy with that

4 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Magnusson (Hopefully)

Little Brownhill Hegeler Bryan

Tomlin

Djuric Tammy

Edit: Great minds.......

Certainly feels to me like the best fit for this group of players. No square pegs in round holes. Tomlin central, two up front, Hegeler in the middle (haven't seen him yet myself but that seems to be the preference from what I've read).

That said I still have a lot of reservations about 3-5-2 in the Championship after last season. People seem to have forgotten how desperate we were to move away from it.

No easy answers.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fielding

Hegeler.   Brownhill

Tomlin

Djuric.    Abraham.

I have always considered you to be one of the more sensible posters and this does nothing to change that. 

Edit: just realised you used the word 'group' further down the thread. I'll give you bloody 'group'!

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

FF

Hegeler Brownhill

Djuric Tammy

If we go 442, this has a lot going for it.

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fielding

Hegeler.   Brownhill

Tomlin

Djuric.    Abraham.

Looks great on paper (screen).

i wonder whether LJ may revert to 4231.  We all seem to think FF is fit so I'll play along.  And and that LF won't, unless he's signed a new contract.

Fielding;

Little, Flint, Wright, Golbourne

Hegeler, Brownhill

O'Dowda, Tomlin, Bryan

Abraham

1 hour ago, phantom said:

To me Hegeler looked like he can run the middle of the park, wasted in a back three 

Couldn't agree more. He could fit into that defensive midfield role just lovely. As you said wasted in back 3, let's play him where he can influence games.

It's all opinions of course but after Fleetwood it sounded like LJ didn't think 3-5-2 was the future formation. I think he was matching fleetwood as we had 3 new signings playing and easier to sort for them on such short notice. Would be surprised to see Mags start as well as they've alluded to him playing quite a bit more than expected and he's only just come back to training midweek. 

I think @Davefevs may have it right with the 4-2-3-1 and have Djuric as an option for later in the game. Give Tammy and Djuric a bit more training time together first. We will see. Like I said it's not easy to pick a team anymore. 

Archived