IGNORED

What is, "The Bigger Picture"?

Curr Avon

Following the Fleetwood game, an OTIB member made the following comments in response to my post-match summary on BBC Radio Bristol.

"But it's the same negativity, the same commends repeated every week is the point I'm trying to make. You could say no when they call you? Sometimes it might be better saying nothing if you can't say anything nice. (I am aware of the irony of this post) The team do not need people bashing them at every opportunity. It's like a chunk of our fans like it when we aren't doing wel, so they can jump about going "I told you so!" It's not just you Mark, Ian does it as well. Very quick to jump on the teams heads, not so quick to try and sit back and look at the bigger picture of what the club are trying to do. As I said in the Mark Ashton thread, no one is happy with our current form, myself included, but it's coming I'm sure of it. Today for example, we didn't conceed, and kept a clean sheet, but no, everyone wants to jump on the negatives."

My question to the OTIB member and others is, now we've lost our seventh consecutive League game and sit just above the Championship relegation zone, what is the bigger picture?

Just now, _Shawn_x said:

you avoided answering his last paragraph question....

The bigger picture is that we are trying to build a team for the future, and so that means short term bad stuff might happen. Only once in our history (when we brought in Cotterill) has changing a manager when we've been on a bad run turned things around quickly.  

I will back the manager for as long as he's our manager. I agree that we need to stop losing games, but the players have to take some of the blame here, it's not simply down to Lee. 

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Some City fans are laughable, lap up mediocrity.......the reasons the City in general is forever held back, small minded citizens who are happy to swallow shite.

Indeed. 'I will back the manager for as long as he's our manager' oh dear oh dear. Thats me done on here for today!

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The bigger picture is that we are trying to build a team for the future, and so that means short term bad stuff might happen. Only once in our history (when we brought in Cotterill) has changing a manager when we've been on a bad run turned things around quickly.  

I will back the manager for as long as he's our manager. I agree that we need to stop losing games, but the players have to take some of the blame here, it's not simply down to Lee

Yes the players are to blame. But also Lee. Plays them out of position, chops and changes the tactics and formations. 

If I went to work and I was behind the desk on the phones one day, doing a warehouse delivery the next and doing the admin on the third day, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Yes the players are to blame. But also Lee. Plays them out of position, chops and changes the tactics and formations. 

If I went to work and I was behind the desk on the phones one day, doing a warehouse delivery the next and doing the admin on the third day, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going.

LJ would bring in Alan Sugar and Peter Jones to give experience and stability to the company and then have them carry out cleaning & photocopying respectively. 

We are all entitled to our own opinions and that's ok. We are also all allowed to challenge those opinions respectfully without getting personal. 

This is possibly for me the worst bit about not doing well on the pitch, how it polarises people's views, divides us and causes us to fall out. I hate it. :(

The bigger picture is as DM states and will remain the bigger picture whether LJ is here or not.

Buy young, develop and sell high...Luke Freeman is set to be the next example. However getting relegated and/or getting in a record equaling run of defeats following a run of defeats that was almost as bad is the small picture. 

The big picture only works if the small picture is at least functioning. The Project is ongoing, but the Project Manager has not got enough experience to execute!

Seen it a thousand times in my career. Its just another example.

Bigger picture, if we keep succumbing to LJ believing in his project, needing three windows, saying we'll now do 'situations of attack vs defence in training' like an u8s side is:

mid-August next year the players come out of the new tunnel to face Oxford Utd at home in L1 in front of 12,000 people in a silent stadium with no Flint, Magnusson, Tomlin, Pack, GON, Abraham, Hegeler, or Wright at the club. 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The bigger picture is as DM states and will remain the bigger picture whether LJ is here or not.

Buy young, develop and sell high...Luke Freeman is set to be the next example. However getting relegated and/or getting in a record equaling run of defeats following a run of defeats that was almost as bad is the small picture. 

The big picture only works if the small picture is at least functioning. The Project is ongoing, but the Project Manager has not got enough experience to execute!

Seen it a thousand times in my career. Its just another example.

Steady on or you'll find yourself being the new manager with talk like that!

Look at my thread - forget LJ for a bit, what is the real problem at BCFC.

Here's my answer. The person in charge, to whom we all doff our caps, is not brave enough/fears losing control so much, with regard to appointing the people who can take BCFC to where he says he wants the Club to be. Most of our problems flow from the obstacles that his conduct creates. He's our benefactor and our curse. We've got a football club but under his absolute terms

The bigger picture is going well, but the short term picture threatens to undermine it. 

He's shown himself to be tactically incompetent and even his own after-match assessments are now wide of the truth to make up for it. 

Nice bloke. But so is my Dad and I wouldn't want him managing the club. 

44 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I will back the manager for as long as he's our manager. I agree that we need to stop losing games, but the players have to take some of the blame here, it's not simply down to Lee. 

I'm sorry but you must have very rose tinted specs because what I saw today was a team totally lacking any kind of game plan, they have no confidence at all. I sit there expecting the opposition to score that IS down to the manager he has been backed to the hilt with millions of pounds of transfer funds, what exactly have we got to show for it why can other teams spending far less do it, the manager has to take most of the blame they are nearly all his players the two players who caused us most problems were free transfers

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Following the Fleetwood game, an OTIB member made the following comments in response to my post-match summary on BBC Radio Bristol.

"But it's the same negativity, the same commends repeated every week is the point I'm trying to make. You could say no when they call you? Sometimes it might be better saying nothing if you can't say anything nice. (I am aware of the irony of this post) The team do not need people bashing them at every opportunity. It's like a chunk of our fans like it when we aren't doing wel, so they can jump about going "I told you so!" It's not just you Mark, Ian does it as well. Very quick to jump on the teams heads, not so quick to try and sit back and look at the bigger picture of what the club are trying to do. As I said in the Mark Ashton thread, no one is happy with our current form, myself included, but it's coming I'm sure of it. Today for example, we didn't conceed, and kept a clean sheet, but no, everyone wants to jump on the negatives."

My question to the OTIB member and others is, now we've lost our seventh consecutive League game and sit just above the Championship relegation zone, what is the bigger picture?

My question is why oh why do u ring up or get rung up , to speak on radio bristol and love listening to your own voice? Are you a wannabe football pundit gone wrong? I littreally cringe the whole way home listening to all of u talking crap on radio bristol!

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

That's not historically accurate. Joe Jordan took Terry Cooper's team to the 87/88 Third Division Play-Off final after being appointed with only a quarter of the season remaining. Keith Millen kept Gary Johnson's sinking team in The Championship after taking over in February 2010. And Derek McInnes earned survival at the same level after replacing Millen in October 2011.

City's form is not a short term blip, it's 7 consecutive defeats and 2 wins in forteen matches. Johnson has had the time, money and a new coaching appointment in Holden to demonstrate progress on the pitch. 

The bigger picture should be progress in the form of a top half finish in The Championship. Right now I'd take survival, but with a different head coach. 

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

My question is why oh why do u ring up or get rung up , to speak on radio bristol and love listening to your own voice? Are you a wannabe football pundit gone wrong? I littreally cringe the whole way home listening to all of u talking crap on radio bristol!

And in counter balance @Curr Avon and I'm likely to be castigated for saying so , I don't think you talk crap and often make some really decent points and at least you give an explanation for your views rather than 

'We are crap'

'We will be fine'

etc etc with zero explanation for the basis of the claim

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Sorry Dolly but what a load of bloody rubbish!!!

Archived