IGNORED

Who is available & would want it?

Big Red Rich

On 14/01/2017 at 20:14, Red Right Hand said:

Kenny Jackett? I know he only lasted 19 days at Rotherham but I reckon he wasn`t told the whole truth when he was appointed and that`s why he walked. He was interviewed by Danny Baker on the day of his first game and sounded really up for it so something must have happened. Been harshly treated by some of the clubs he`s managed when they wanted `names` in like Wolves. Comes over as a nice guy too.

He has applied for the job in the past - IMO.

Not for me though.

Rowett first choice if he hasn't already gone to Norwich/Rangers.

Second choice Grayson at Preston but would be costly to get him both in compensation and wages to take on our ailing project.

Dark horse that doesn't get mentioned much is a Tim Sherwood, biding his time at Swindon as an "adviser". Reckon we could be somewhere for him to attempt to rebuild his reputation. Not keen personally but could see him being interested.

On 15/01/2017 at 21:00, Olé said:

Forest apparently want Oscar Garcia, who took Brighton into the Championship play offs in his only season in English football (had a few weeks at Watford but curtailed by health scare). Former Barcelona youth team coach. Currently fighting for the title in Austria with Red Bull Salzburg having led them to a league and cup double last season. Bags of trophies as a player. Forest are a basket case of a football club but looks like they know what a manager looks like.

Let's hope he's not in place this week, or even better, is somewhere on a list of profiles Mark Ashton is assessing already for contingency.

Warburton is close to the Forest job according BTSport yesterday.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Umpteen issues for a new boss to deal with. Budget cuts, unhappy players, shoestring budget owing to this season's overspend,  FFP biting. Why would a manager of any quality want that? 

If by some miracle we stay up, any manager coming in will have a similar position to McInnes I suspect. Expected to cut costs and make us competitive on the pitch. That's far from easy and not an enticing prospect for any prospective manager.

If we go down the club is immediately £4M worse off just because that's the difference in payments clubs get for being in League 1 compared to the Championship. There will be an exodus of established players, most for significantly less than we paid for them, just to relieve of us of their wages. And then someone has a massive rebuilding job to do. Remember SC was somewhat lucky when he took over from SOD in that he had Baldock & JET, who were both playing at a level below what their talent would have suggested, to help take us back up League 1 to safety. It was only then that he was able to build his own title-winning team.

Thsts why I find it so hard to understand the inaction from SL. It's baffling. Relegation can't make financial sense, surely?!

19 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

If by some miracle we stay up, any manager coming in will have a similar position to McInnes I suspect. Expected to cut costs and make us competitive on the pitch. That's far from easy and not an enticing prospect for any prospective manager.

If we go down the club is immediately £4M worse off just because that's the difference in payments clubs get for being in League 1 compared to the Championship. There will be an exodus of established players, most for significantly less than we paid for them, just to relieve of us of their wages. And then someone has a massive rebuilding job to do. Remember SC was somewhat lucky when he took over from SOD in that he had Baldock & JET, who were both playing at a level below what their talent would have suggested, to help take us back up League 1 to safety. It was only then that he was able to build his own title-winning team.

Thsts why I find it so hard to understand the inaction from SL. It's baffling. Relegation can't make financial sense, surely?!

Relegation would be a disaster for us both financially and in progress on the 'project'. I too am at a loss as to why this has been allowed to go for this long.

in my opinion it has to be due to the 'relationship ' between the owner and the coach - and that is not a healthy thing in any business.

Yesterday was dreadful, Burton, if they had taken their chances could easily had won having spent less than 10% of what we did this season that indicates,

1. They have a much better coaching set up than us - yes

2. The money we spent was not well invested - yes

3. The players are not playing for the Head Coach - maybe yes

4. The owner is prepared to see the club relegated - yes, although I still think he believes it won't happen

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

All too late I suspect.

no time for a new owner and Board to make a proper appointment 

Sadly, I agree with you, as by the time a new manager comes in and makes a difference, it will be too late. SL needs to start planning for the future which will probably be League 1 next season. He should appoint a manager who can get City promoted back to the Championship and then back him to make Championship standard signings. Someone who isn't a yes man. Sounds like an ideal job for Steve Cotterill 

Archived