IGNORED

Who is available & would want it?

Big Red Rich

Assuming sense prevails and LJ is relieved of his duties the 2 names mentioned most are Pearson & Rowett. But who else is there that we would look at? Perhaps someone already employed? One thing for certain and that's we can't have anymore "up & coming" managers, this one has got to be right. 

32 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've said elsewhere, go for Mick McCarthy. Wily, experienced, keeps Ipswich ticking over without big transfer funds. Might be boring to start with but he'd keep us up. 

I'd agree with that. Done as much as he can with Ipswich. Could do a very good job with our squad. Solid championship manager.

Don't understand people who, whenever are faced with a manager situation, always point to who's 'free and available'. Monumental amounts of managers in jobs across all leagues apply for jobs when they already have one. I think a decent amount of championship managers would apply - apart from the obvious.

rowett 100% 1st choice for me but he'll be at Norwich by the end of Jan especially after them losing to Rotherham today. Which can free up Alex Neil to us...

40 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've said elsewhere, go for Mick McCarthy. Wily, experienced, keeps Ipswich ticking over without big transfer funds. Might be boring to start with but he'd keep us up. 

Mad Mick see's dead people, and with the amount of stiffs we have on the pitch at the moment, he'd end up turning this into a frigging breakdance.

51 minutes ago, Henry said:

Uwe Rosler had high praise for us. Think he would be interested.

Rowett - out of our league

Pearson - too much of a nut job for SL

perhaps European like our recent transfers? It's worked for Huddersfield 

You beat me to it. Roster would be a good choice, or someone like that.

I'm coming to the conclusion that LJ can learn all he wants from books, courses etc, but we need either someone who's been there and done it managerial-wise at this level or hopefully above (would they come here....similar situation to last season), or we go for someone who's played top level, and can relate that back to the players.  Didn't want to say it, but I think LJ is showing up the gap on his CV of not playing at a higher level (let alone managing at this level) and therefore has nothing to translate back to the players from experience.  Maybe that is why the so called rumours re O'Neil/Tomlin are because they can see the errors. #speculation

5 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Mad Mick? You must be, well, mad. 

Quality manager with a proven track record of getting teams out of this league. Has been heavily restricted at Ipshit due to lack of funds.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Rowett is the stand out candidate, don't understand why people are saying he would not come here. We genuinely have massive potential, an owner who is prepared to put his money into the club, even the benefit of Mark Ashton - who for my money has been doing good deals, Paterson apart but that was LJ insistence.

Rowett's win % in the C'ship is actually 1% better than LJ's, if he's the stand out candidate then we're ******

Controversial but wish we got warnock last season...knows this league inside out...his teams are nasty but effective we are far to nice from top to bottom...would love our team to have some nasty ***** like bamba and Connolly...you may not like the football but it works for the short term.

the job he did at Rotherham last year and Cardiff this are admirable whatever you think of him

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quality manager with a proven track record of getting teams out of this league. Has been heavily restricted at Ipshit due to lack of funds.

Rowett's win % in the C'ship is actually 1% better than LJ's, if he's the stand out candidate then we're ******

At a club like Birmingham with eff all money to spend...no way they should even have been anywhere near the play-offs.  Decent manager.

Just now, Davefevs said:

At a club like Birmingham with eff all money to spend...no way they should even have been anywhere near the play-offs.  Decent manager.

Yes, poor old Birmingham who still have a far higher pedigree than we do. That said, of course I take your point he was there in difficult circumstances. But if we are serious about kicking on as a football club then we need a manager we think can get us promoted from this division and McCarthy when given a half decent budget has proven he can with Wolves and Sunderland, as well as plying his trade in the top flight.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's because LJ's drawn so few games and draws count against Win%. Win% is pretty meaningless as a statistic. 

P10 W1 D9 L0  12 points Win % 10%

P10 W3 D0 L7  9 points Win % 30%

Rowett's points per game is significantly better that LJ's

As for whether he'd come here, he took over at Bimingham immediately after they'd lost 0-8 at home to Bournemouth and (I think) with the owner in Jail.

Having said that agree McCarthy would be a good shout as a firefighter to avoid relegation this season

1 minute ago, fgrsimon said:

That's because LJ's drawn so few games and draws count against Win%. Win% is pretty meaningless as a statistic. 

P10 W1 D9 L0  12 points Win % 10%

P10 W3 D0 L7  9 points Win % 30%

Rowett's points per game is significantly better that LJ's

As for whether he'd come here, he took over at Bimingham immediately after they'd lost 0-8 at home to Bournemouth and (I think) with the owner in Jail.

Yes, that is true! Though I disagree a win % is a meaningless statistic. Of course Rowett would come here, no idea why people would think otherwise. He's not a stand out candidate for me though.

Archived