IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

25 minutes ago, reddoc said:

How can you possibly say that. It's just senseless. We lost, Again. In what way are we picking up? Maybe Rotherham hit the post, they're still going down.Our run of form has nothing to do with luck.

I say that on the basis of being at Elland Rd tonight and seeing a gritty performance. We had twice as many shots on target, lost our top scorer midway through the first half which seriously hampered our game plan and seeing Green make some pretty desperate saves. Added to that a cruel deflection that prevented Giefer making a routine save and him pretty much being a spectator for the rest of the match. 

There was no way we deserved to lose tonight. On the back of 3 games undefeated and the best performance not just this season but for a long while v Derby yes we are picking up. 

So stop jumping on a pretty pathetic and boring bandwagon and see things for what they are. 

2 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

You're about as interesting as a wet fart in a swim suit! Give it up mate. Doesn't matter if we lost 6-0 or 2-1, a loss is a loss and LJs record is atrocious. 

Touchy - must be to even think my post was serious.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Palmela xx 

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

I say that on the basis of being at Elland Rd tonight and seeing a gritty performance. We had twice as many shots on target, lost our top scorer midway through the first half which seriously hampered our game plan and seeing Green make some pretty desperate saves. Added to that a cruel deflection that prevented Giefer making a routine save and him pretty much being a spectator for the rest of the match. 

There was no way we deserved to lose tonight. On the back of 3 games undefeated and the best performance not just this season but for a long while v Derby yes we are picking up. 

So stop jumping on a pretty pathetic and boring bandwagon and see things for what they are. 

Oh dear. So we are playing well and still losing? Not a good sign then?

1 minute ago, allyolly said:

Fair play for making the trip. Decided against it myself, and glad not to have witnessed what sounds from your description to be another unfortunate result on the road...but having already watched unfortunate results in Yorkshire this season at Wednesday, Rotherham and Barnsley I could do without another...

What you see as a "pathetic bandwagon" seems to me to be an inevitable reaction to what, given the playing staff, feels like the most disappointing run of results in my decades of supporting the club.  

Not jumping on any bandwagon, I've been consistent in my observations for a while, I'm glad we played some nice football and I think Cardiff put our fantastic point at Derby into perspective tonight. We're a poor side who deserve our position in the table. And without changing things now it will almost certainly get worse. Credit to you for going. 

55 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I don't see how this can go on much longer now. As things stand we are going down without a shadow of a doubt. The defence is pathetic and yet our best defender this season can't even get in the squad. Something stinks Mr Johnson.

The drowning man will pull the club down with him. Glug, glug, glug.

24 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Sadly I don't think a defeat against Fulham will get him sacked. It's like a horrible, neverending bad dream. I fear he's lost the majority of fans beyond redemption but SL seems unable to grasp what that means.

Surely his finger must be on the trigger. But at what point will he pull it?

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

What like a cotterll a mcinnes or a Gary Johnson type?

Cotterill was actually very good friends with the board before things turned sour. I don't see how McInnes wasn't a yes man, he would have been grateful for the opportunity and similar with GJ when he was appointed, although out of the three Gary would probably have been more willing to get his point across!

Only non yes-man we've appointed is Coppell and we all know how that turned out.

We need someone with Championship pedigree. He might not always agree with the board, but the board and the club don't have a good record at this level, quite frankly. We need someone like that.

6 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

I hate how that's people's reactions nowadays. As soon as they don't like something they start a petition.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

What like a cotterll a mcinnes or a Gary Johnson type?

Yes. I'm convinced the only reason LJ is still here is because SL likes him on a personal level. I can think of no other reason why he's still here. 

Cotterill got far less time because he told it like it is and fell out with people at the club trying to force his ideas through. LJ does as he's told and says the right things in public, so he gets far more slack than others have. I'm sure SL believes in LJ's ability a lot more than the overwhelming majority of fans do now as well, but that personal relationship has to be the main factor in this fiasco in my view. 

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As things stand we haven't been in the relegation zone all season so not sure how you can say 'we are going down without a shadow of a doubts' like you have a crystal ball. 

I'm in favour of a change as much as anyone by now but this kind of hyperbole helps no one. 

Just bear in mind that The Gas were in the league two drop zone JUST the once after the final game of the season and ended up in the Conference . Sleep walk and the same stat could see us in League 1

I'm pretty sure if he survived the run of defeats he'll survive near enough anything.

And not advocating it or arguing either way, but will say that if he's going to go, it would have to be now, not later.

Seven days until we play again, then with three games in a week; you wait until after Fulham and a new gaffer has about 24 hours with the squad before two games on the road - pointless changing then.

But as I say; back him or want to sack him, think he'll be here come Birmingham at home, come what may.

26 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just bear in mind that The Gas were in the league two drop zone JUST the once after the final game of the season and ended up in the Conference . Sleep walk and the same stat could see us in League 1

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting for a minute that it couldn't happen. But the whole 'we are going down without a doubt' is pretty baseless.

It's pretty much the most unpredictable league in the world and things are far from decided at ether end of the table in April let alone February! 

Archived