IGNORED

Get With It

handsofclay

We have been in every match. We have not been on the end of any whippings. I can recall many a match under different regimes where the opposition have looked like they have been on a different planet to us and handed out a humiliating beating. That has not happened under L J. We have lost by the odd goal every time...Therefore we have been competitive.

Call yourself supporters! Yeah, we will support you Bristol City ever more...As long as you don't lose close games. If you lose a few close games on the trot then we will put the knife in, vilify our players and castigate our manager. We will put forward the names of managers we would prefer to the present incumbent...Including ffs Daryl Clarke!!!!

Jesus wept, what are you spoiled brats or genuine SUPPORTERS. Get behind the lads. If your brother needed support would you say that you would give it but only if he was successful and provided you with great times but if he was really suffering despite trying you would put the boot in. That is not support.

I have heard from several who say that they avoid this forum after a defeat because they hate the negativity and scorn that is then displayed here. A century ago our nation's young men were giving their lives in the trenches. They had backbone. Look that word up if it is, as I suspect, alien to you. Get with it, children. Jesus, had Alan Dicks been judged by the majority on here he wouldn't have survived the end of the 1960s let alone reached the glory of 1976. He would have been replaced by Don Megson!

We have a great manager in the making and a great team. All they ask from us at the moment is our SUPPORT. 

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

We have been in every match. We have not been on the end of any whippings. I can recall many a match under different regimes where the opposition have looked like they have been on a different planet to us and handed out a humiliating beating. That has not happened under L J. We have lost by the odd goal every time...Therefore we have been competitive.

Call yourself supporters! Yeah, we will support you Bristol City ever more...As long as you don't lose close games. If you lose a few close games on the trot then we will put the knife in, vilify our players and castigate our manager. We will put forward the names of managers we would prefer to the present incumbent...Including ffs Daryl Clarke!!!!

Jesus wept, what are you spoiled brats or genuine SUPPORTERS. Get behind the lads. If your brother needed support would you say that you would give it but only if he was successful and provided you with great times but if he was really suffering despite trying you would put the boot in. That is not support.

I have heard from several who say that they avoid this forum after a defeat because they hate the negativity and scorn that is then displayed here. A century ago our nation's young men were giving their lives in the trenches. They had backbone. Look that word up if it is, as I suspect, alien to you. Get with it, children. Jesus, had Alan Dicks been judged by the majority on here he wouldn't have survived the end of the 1960s let alone reached the glory of 1976. He would have been replaced by Don Megson!

We have a great manager in the making and a great team. All they ask from us at the moment is our SUPPORT. 

Supporting in the ground.  Words on a forum are irrelevant.  No 'Johnson Out' chants today

Get over yourself.  Call yourself a fan, wanting us to go down?

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Supporting in the ground.  Words on a forum are irrelevant.  No 'Johnson Out' chants today

Get over yourself.  Call yourself a fan, wanting us to go down?

I would rather we go down and I am still a supporter than stay up and be a fickle numbwart. Jeez, we are not in the relegation zone which is where we were when LJ took over. Talk about being a drama queen!

I would rather we go down and I am still a supporter than stay up and be a fickle numbwart. Jeez, we are not in the relegation zone which is where we were when LJ took over. Talk about being a drama queen!

To be fair we are now only 3 points outside the drop zone & it is quite conceivable that we will lose to both Forest & Wednesday. It won't be long until we are inthe bottom 3 at this rate.

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Are you a real idiot or ten years old - never heard such rubbish !

Did you read my post? 18k supporters there today.  

What did you think of formation and style today?  Thumbs up?!

2 minutes ago, longyears said:

Are you a real idiot or ten years old - never heard such rubbish !

Can you provide me with what the definition of what supporter means? Obviously you would not have survived the consecutive relegations between 1980 to 1983. That is consecutive relegations not consecutive defeats. Grow some!

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Jesus, had Alan Dicks been judged by the majority on here he wouldn't have survived the end of the 1960s let alone reached the glory of 1976. He would have been replaced by Don Megson!

That's one occurrence in 50 years then, the worrying thing is that poor manegerial skills and dumb tactical decisions, by Jnr mean we lose. So, Ashton buys good players, Johnson don't know how to play them. Analogy - Mercedes F1 provide good car, driver keeps crashing them....admit it, he's not bright and not a good coach! Got to go!

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Did you read my post? 18k supporters there today.  

What did you think of formation and style today?  Thumbs up?!

Red Dave, my vitriol is not aimed at you as you make many interesting and informative posts. I agree, the support in the ground is good. I wasn't there today my last attendance was at the Brentford game and that could easily have been 3-2 had chances been taken.

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

That's one occurrence in 50 years then, the worrying thing is that poor manegerial skills and dumb tactical decisions, by Jnr mean we lose. So, Ashton buys good players, Johnson don't know how to play them. Analogy - Mercedes F1 provide good car, driver keeps crashing them....admit it, he's not bright and not a good coach! Got to go!

Why has the forum shown I posted about Alan Dicks?!  Is this The Sun?  Fake news.

18 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

A great 'speech' tbf

(Don't agree with you though - all opinions)

Would just like to hear the reasons for your highlighted statement - he may be one day , he may not

Just wondering your reasoning behind this claim ?

Red Dave, my vitriol is not aimed at you as you make many interesting and informative posts. I agree, the support in the ground is good. I wasn't there today my last attendance was at the Brentford game and that could easily have been 3-2 had chances been taken.

And in fairness they could have scored 6. Hogan had 3 one on ones and missed them all.Facts eh,really do get in the way of a percieved "could have won 3-2".

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A great 'speech' tbf

(Don't agree with you though - all opinions)

Would just like to hear the reasons for your highlighted statement - he may be one day , he may not

Just wondering your reasoning behind this claim ?

He has a different approach to the game. He really studies it. It isn't quite coming off at the moment but it is only failing by fine margins. I would rather persist with that in the hope that those fine margins can be turned around in our favour.

We have both been City fans long enough to realise that we are not a mid table team. We are rarely that. We always seem to be fighting relegation at some stage or toying with promotion. We never do things in stages.

I've read some great posts on here today , ******* pathetic.  Oooo we haven't lost by more than one goal, support the manager blah blah ******* blah.

7 defeats on the record breaking spin, farcical substitutions , rowing with players and then dropping them, how much more of this do we have to suck up before we're allowed to express our displeasure ???  Lose 2-1 or lose 4-0 , what do you get most points for? 10 defeats out of 11 , ignore Fleetwood until we lose up there, fickle? I thought the crowd was right behind the team today, I'll just repeat that point, 10 losses in 11 and the support hasn't turned to any great extent until ...... well today probably. He's been given more than enough opportunities and bollixed the lot.  I said after Reading and the shit ridiculous subs he made, I was done. I was appeased by some very promising signings (thanks Mark Ashton SL etc) but today was back to square one. LJ did get animated about a throw in but apart from that? No leadership. Yeah we should happily clap them back into L1 and say "I'm a fan" yaaayy go Lee keep losing by the odd goal  as it's not really losing is it.

And where did the players recruited by Dicks spend most of their time in the table before things finally clicked in c.1974.

Things 'finally clicked' from the flames of a Youth Team that reached the FA Youth Cup Final - our own version of the 'Class of 92'

We got together (By fortune or good scouting) a group of young players who played a major part up of the promotion side.

You can claim this is what we are trying to do but the current football world is ruthless and time is not given , whether you like it or not

And it's my opinion , right or wrong , that Lee is in over his head , certainly at this stage of his managerial career at the very least 

A bad appointment is a bad appointment no matter how long you stubbornly stick with it 

I may be wrong about LJ - SL may stick with him and we may see a continual improvement from him and the side

I bl**dy hope I'm wrong , and this indeed is what happens but I will be genuinely shocked ( And delighted) to see him turn this around 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Did someone seriously just make the 'we only keep losing by one' point. Amazing. 

I'm making this my post of the day. 

Is there a rule I missed? The one where you get more points by only losing by one goal than losing by 2 or 3 ??

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

He has a different approach to the game. He really studies it.

Studying a subject does not automatically make you an expert or proficient in implementing your skills or knowledge , and certainly doesn't mean you can deliver your philosophy by convincing and cosching your players using your study 

It isn't quite coming off at the moment

Just a tad !!!! Sorry I think you are ignoring confused selections , poor tactics , a 'confused approach' - a complete mess all in all IMHO

but it is only failing by fine margins. I would rather persist with that in the hope that those fine margins can be turned around in our favour.

We have both been City fans long enough to realise that we are not a mid table team. We are rarely that. We always seem to be fighting relegation at some stage or toying with promotion. We never do things in stages.

The opening poster talks about supporters growing a backbone. ..the irony!

If the players had grown one we would have drawn with wolves and ipswich and beat reading and Cardiff 

Point is we didn't. ..and things need to change. Ive been fully behind LJ until today...but enough is enough.  If he stays il continue to support him and the team ...of course I will and we all want city to win. Just because fans have different opinions about the club doesn't make anyone any less of a supporter. ..yourself included 

Coyr 

35 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Have you just scored some grade A shit? FFS.

14 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

And where did the players recruited by Dicks spend most of their time in the table before things finally clicked in c.1974.

Sorry for quoting myself, but those players spent months, seasons, in the relegation zone and just above it. Not ONE week three points above it. If you want to reach the promised land again stick with it do not succumb to knee jerk reaction a they NEVER work.

I support the club that's why it hurts even more when I see the type of thing going on now.

LJ is not an experienced manager. He tinkers more than Ranieri did when at Chelsea. Losing by 1 goal is still losing. Losing after leading is even worse and that is a habit we have recently added to our repertoire.

The reality is clear is that LJ has been promoted to a position beyond his ability. We have a better squad than this time last year but we are now only 3 points better off than we were when Pemberton got us our last gasp victory over Middlesbrough. Millions spent on the future by Ashton & LJ, while the present is going down the dumper. Far too often we are not only not playing our best players we are playing the others in unfamiliar positions. Too many round pegs in square holes, with the same results.

The reality is something dramatic has to change to turn things around. In large part I blame SL & his son for appointing a friend. It is never good business practice because if things are going wrong like they are now it leaves both of you in an awkward position.

So the answer is we need a new Head Coach / Manager ASAP. I don't enjoy saying someone should lose their job, but when it becomes clear that they are not up to the task the kinder thing to do is to relieve them of their duties. Not easy but it needs to be done. If not we will be back in League 1 quicker than you can say Tinpot Trophy. 

And if Dippy Darrell keeps doing what he is doing, on next to no money, then we could be in for even more pain in the next few months. We have no given right to stay in this division & on current form we are the worst team. Much as it hurts me to say it, DD even has more pedigree as a manager than LJ, who hadn't/hasn't  achieved anything at any level.

So in summary, SL give Gary Rowett a ring tonight. Find out what it would take to bring hi here. Failing that try Kenny Jackett. Anyone experienced at this level who is at least going to give us a chance of staying up.

39 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I smell Gas!

Archived