IGNORED

Get With It

handsofclay

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I went through those relegations, the days when we didn't have a penny to spend on quality signings. 

The current manager has spent more money on players than any other manager of BCFC, he's been spending SL's money like a kid in a sweetshop. What do we have to show for it, 7 straight defeats and one win in 13?.

We had the most expensive subs bench in our clubs history today as well, about £8 million of talent, players that HE has signed and players other managers would love to have and would use properly. What further proof is needed that he is not good enough for this job.

We need a new manager who can create a team rather than gambler whose just guessing.

Plus he has been allowed the luxury of 2 assistants which no other manager I can remember having.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I went through those relegations, the days when we didn't have a penny to spend on quality signings. 

The current manager has spent more money on players than any other manager of BCFC, he's been spending SL's money like a kid in a sweetshop. What do we have to show for it, 7 straight defeats and one win in 13?.

We had the most expensive subs bench in our clubs history today as well, about £8 million of talent, players that HE has signed and players other managers would love to have and would use properly. What further proof is needed that he is not good enough for this job.

We need a new manager who can create a team rather than gambler whose just guessing.

Any signings , nothing about quality

33 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Fair plays mate. I know you are a genuine fan because you are obviously hurting. I do too. I do not like what is happening but I have lived long enough to realise that knee jerk reactions don't usually work either...Indeed they usually make things a whole lot worse in the long run.

Pretty sure all those bothering to comment on this forum are 'genuine fans'?

Sorry all, just joined this thread after being out, I've not had many but this is hilarious

"would rather we go down and I am still a supporter than stay up and be a fickle numbwart. Jeez, we are not in the relegation zone which is where we were when LJ took over. Talk about being a drama queen!"

So being 3 Pts off 3rd from bottom is not in a relegation zone!

haha 

19 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Look at most of the managers in this division. Most way more experienced than LJ. And many at a higher level and/or achieved promotions. And it shows. Wolves picked up Paul Lambert. Cardiff have Warnock. Villa have Steve Bruce. Even QPR, Ipswich & Blackburn have got more experienced managers. LJ is a boy in a man's league!

Guessing on team selection & formation is also just about right. Who would have predicted that team today? Not many I'm sure.

What a game that was. I was with my lads saying this is a great start to the game. We looked solid. The 3 new guys were class and everything was good. Tackles were going in and we were aggressive. Djuric upfront had us admiring the way he was shielding the ball, the way he was getting up high to win balls in the air, the way he was working his socks off. Then Hegeler with so much time on the ball and his calm assured play and the aggressive , combatative Wright. But then Little did a Little and gave a needless penalty away. Sorry but that's unforgivable . New right back is essential. Perhaps Vyner or Moore should be reinstated. Looks like a new German keeper of quality is on his way any time soon. Check out his video. But is our LJ the man to manage the team? Thought we were crying out for O'Neil to get on and steady the ship. But no. LJ puts on Wilbraham as he did against Reading and we got the same result. He could even have taken off either Djuric or Abraham and put on Enkvall to use his pace to close the opposition defenders down and provide an outlet for long balls out of defence. But Wilbs no. So new right back and keeper and 3 more games after for LJ to turn things around. Let's stuff Fleetwood but that's not an easy game as Rovers found out today. We should have enough about us to win though. 

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We didn't have a penny to spend on quality signings!!!! You are getting 1982-83 mixed up with 1980-1983 the period I quoted. During 1980-83 we purchased the Sweden number one goalkeeper who had played in the European Cup final just a handful of games earlier, one of the most expensive signings from a Scottish club, Tony Fitzpatrick from At Mitten, a Finnish international midfielder, made a 400 grand bid for Gerry Francis when the transfer record was about 500 grand and signed Mick Hartford for about five times more than any other club in our division could dream of outlaying.

As for the most expensive bench in our history, seeing that there were no subs at all until 1967 and then only one sub until the mid 1980s I think this is a rather dubious claim. For instance, I venture that in ten years from now even if only average players and youth teamers occupy our bench their value would exceed the value on the bench today.  

4 minutes ago, Berts city said:

Sorry all, just joined this thread after being out, I've not had many but this is hilarious

"would rather we go down and I am still a supporter than stay up and be a fickle numbwart. Jeez, we are not in the relegation zone which is where we were when LJ took over. Talk about being a drama queen!"

So being 3 Pts off 3rd from bottom is not in a relegation zone!

haha 

Please Please be can I be a fickle numbwart, it sounds fantastic

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

We have been in every match. We have not been on the end of any whippings. I can recall many a match under different regimes where the opposition have looked like they have been on a different planet to us and handed out a humiliating beating. That has not happened under L J. We have lost by the odd goal every time...Therefore we have been competitive.

Call yourself supporters! Yeah, we will support you Bristol City ever more...As long as you don't lose close games. If you lose a few close games on the trot then we will put the knife in, vilify our players and castigate our manager. We will put forward the names of managers we would prefer to the present incumbent...Including ffs Daryl Clarke!!!!

Jesus wept, what are you spoiled brats or genuine SUPPORTERS. Get behind the lads. If your brother needed support would you say that you would give it but only if he was successful and provided you with great times but if he was really suffering despite trying you would put the boot in. That is not support.

I have heard from several who say that they avoid this forum after a defeat because they hate the negativity and scorn that is then displayed here. A century ago our nation's young men were giving their lives in the trenches. They had backbone. Look that word up if it is, as I suspect, alien to you. Get with it, children. Jesus, had Alan Dicks been judged by the majority on here he wouldn't have survived the end of the 1960s let alone reached the glory of 1976. He would have been replaced by Don Megson!

We have a great manager in the making and a great team. All they ask from us at the moment is our SUPPORT. 

Yeah bring them trenches out because there up and coming.

Oh and Jesus and then the real GOD ,(that's Dicksy)

Then the backbone. Don't let it slip A.G.D

We won't win at Fleetwood. Tough place to play as we found out a couple of seasons ago and they are a team on form. 

What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Just about sums things up right now!!

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

We have a great manager in the making and a great team. All they ask from us at the moment is our SUPPORT. 

and therein lies the problem.

We need a great manager now, not one "in the making".

"in the making" may be too late.

"in the making" is a luxury we cannot afford.

There is sticking by your manager when times are tough or fans are fickle when you lose 3 on the bounce..... but when you lose 10 out of 11 games and a equal worst record in the clubs history.....it's beyond it's only one more loss ...

Don't worry though as LJ has talked to Jens Hegeler after the game and its just fear....

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nothing whatsoever to indicate he's a great manager in the making, and he's certainly not good enough for us now.

He saved us from relegation last season when many on here thought we were doomed. Indeed he saved us with plenty to spare. A lot on here thought he did not have the experience to achieve that when he was appointed at so young an age, yet he did it. He was also lauded for landing the signature of one of England's most promising young strikers. That player has delivered in a struggling side. He is also media savvy.

I would say these things indicate that LJ has the potential to be a great manager. He has a far superior record to what a previous City manager had here who went on to manage England!! 

Shanks, Cloughie and Fergie achieved less at the age LJ is. It is not just SL who can see the potential as those in charge of Oldham and Barnsley also could see it. 

15 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

He saved us from relegation last season when many on here thought we were doomed. Indeed he saved us with plenty to spare. A lot on here thought he did not have the experience to achieve that when he was appointed at so young an age, yet he did it. He was also lauded for landing the signature of one of England's most promising young strikers. That player has delivered in a struggling side. He is also media savvy.

I would say these things indicate that LJ has the potential to be a great manager. He has a far superior record to what a previous City manager had here who went on to manage England!! 

Shanks, Cloughie and Fergie achieved less at the age LJ is. It is not just SL who can see the potential as those in charge of Oldham and Barnsley also could see it. 

McInnes saved us from relegation too.

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Only because we took the traditional City option of hiring a fookwit.

As it is a tradition it's odds on we would do it again. I actually think we would've survived had McInnes been backed and not sacked. He has gone on to become one of the top British born managers in the northern part of the UK. Knee jerk reaction again.

Archived