IGNORED

Poor show all round

Ivorguy

Any respectable manager would have fallen on his sword by 5pm.

No other manager in our history has taken us to the new low of 7 consecutive defeats.

Poor show Lee, resign now with dignity

Any half decent owner or Board would have made the difficult decision by 6pm.

Come on Board, get your act together

I really despair of Bristol Sport and all the pr spin nonsense, which is getting us precisely nowhere.

I want a proper club back, PLEASE, run by men with some honour and guts. Bristol South End anyone, or my other favourite Bristol league team of the past, WarmleyFC! At least Warmley played with spirit!!!

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

No other manager in our history has taken us to the new low of 7 consecutive defeats.

I really despair of Bristol Sport and all the pr spin nonsense, which is getting us precisely nowhere.

I want a proper club back, PLEASE, run by men with some honour and guts. Bristol South End anyone, or my other favourite Bristol league team of the past, WarmleyFC! At least Warmley played with spirit!!!

Couldn't agree more - well said that man!

Just now, Honiton Tony said:

Are you for real ?

I wish the anti bristol sport bandwagon would come on this forum to collect a few more of the numpties on here who just want to jump on the bandwagon ?? 

Im bored by the thickness of people on here and the naivety of there anti bristol sport stance . 

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I wish the anti bristol sport bandwagon would come on this forum to collect a few more of the numpties on here who just want to jump on the bandwagon ?? 

Im bored by the thickness of people on here and the naivety of there anti bristol sport stance . 

I'm likewise bored by the thickness of people on here and the naivety of their pro Bristol Sport stance.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's their ... Thickness?

Why is it naive to feel that Bristol Sport should be a low profile backroom operation or aligned in philosophy with successful European sporting clubs?

43 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wake up and smell the coffee Bristol sport is overtaking our football club and at the moment it is detrimental to the team we love

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes what a tosser that Landsdown is the penny pinching Billionaire. 

Not in a position to argue with much of the above, but I thought the players played with spirit today.  Didn't see anyone going through the motions.  They matched a big, physical side very well today.  Brownhill and O'Dowda, the likely lightweight got in as many challenges as anyone, but on the deck and aerially.

There were other problems, but not spirit imho.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not in a position to argue with much of the above, but I thought the players played with spirit today.  Didn't see anyone going through the motions.  They matched a big, physical side very well today.  Brownhill and O'Dowda, the likely lightweight got in as many challenges as anyone, but on the deck and aerially.

There were other problems, but not spirit imho.

Dave - I respect your opinions and perception 

Its appearing to me that LJ is starting to pick his side based as much on those who he thinks are 'still with him' (and the newbies) , rather than , the (In theory) 'best side'.

Some Interesting comments recently - about COD pre match a classic example IMHO

I don't blame him , if that is the case , but IMHO that's not a great situation as he will alienate further , any dissenters (Who we really need 'on board' right now) (With the increasing danger they won't be too arsed if and when they are called upon ) and I'm not sure we have the quality or depth in the ones he seems to have turned to 

On top of some of the baffling selections and confused tactics / method of play , this , if I'm right , is a Code Red warning sign for me (In relegation terms)

Your / anyone's  thoughts   ?

100% all of this.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dave - I respect your opinions and perception 

Its appearing to me that LJ is starting to pick his side based as much on those who he thinks are 'still with him' (and the newbies) , rather than , the (In theory) 'best side'.

Some Interesting comments recently - about COD pre match a classic example IMHO

I don't blame him , if that is the case , but IMHO that's not a great situation as he will alienate further , any dissenters (Who we really need 'on board' right now) (With the increasing danger they won't be too arsed if and when they are called upon ) and I'm not sure we have the quality or depth in the ones he seems to have turned to 

On top of some of the baffling selections and confused tactics / method of play , this , if I'm right , is a Code Red warning sign for me (In relegation terms)

Your / anyone's  thoughts   ?

Thanks, likewise.

You may be right.  What he's done by going to a 5212/532 from his 4231 is go against the beliefs of the teams he set up earlier this season.  I accept from @spudski that he prefers 442, and if so, why has he brought in 3 new players and gone straight to a 5 at the back.  It smells of panic.  I feel for him a bit, but he isn't standing up for his principles....and he's confusing everyone with it (possibly), if only continuity, and the player's belief that if they play well they'll play the next game.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks, likewise.

You may be right.  What he's done by going to a 5212/532 from his 4231 is go against the beliefs of the teams he set up earlier this season.  I accept from @spudski that he prefers 442, and if so, why has he brought in 3 new players and gone straight to a 5 at the back.  It smells of panic.  I feel for him a bit, but he isn't standing up for his principles....and he's confusing everyone with it (possibly), if only continuity, and the player's belief that if they play well they'll play the next game.

Injuries and players not 100% fit....that's why he's playing with what we had out today.

GoN, Matthews, Smith, Magners....they'd all be playing if fit imo.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks, likewise.

Agree - the panic vibe is spot on - despite his numerous post match 'I'm %100 confident I will turn this round' s , I don't actually believe he is , and it is starting to look like he's getting confused through panic as you aptly suggest  

Maybe he's lost belief in parts of his philosophy / ideals 

:wacko:

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Injuries and players not 100% fit....that's why he's playing with what we had out today.

GoN, Matthews, Smith, Magners....they'd all be playing if fit imo.

Smith & Magners I'd agree Spud 

Matthews ? GON ? not sure 

Either horrendously injury prone or something else - If they are going to play how he wants and will put in a shift I agree they would be in - time will tell !

:fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Yet another generic, scatter gun, bandwagon shit post.

Amongst so many others.

@Ivorguy was singing LJs praises not so long ago, pontificating how we are lucky to have him.

Now results have turned, so has he - like a spoilt little kid.

This forum, thank goodness, is in no way whatsoever reflective of the support of BCFC shich is a lot more circumspect and grounded - generally, when things are bad, this is just a sounding board for those who don't get listened to in real life.

Bunch of whinging, dummy spitters with no sense of perspective.

Yes, results are bad, but why start a thread every two minutes having a go at SL, LJ, Bristol Sport, Mark Ashton, the board, etc etc etc etc etc.

Some people need to get a life ffs.

Well said.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Amongst so many others.

@Ivorguy was singing LJs praises not so long ago, pontificating how we are lucky to have him.

This forum, thank goodness, is in no way whatsoever reflective of the support of BCFC shich is a lot more circumspect and grounded - generally, when things are bad, this is just a sounding board for those who don't get listened to in real life.

Yes, results are bad, but why start a thread every two minutes having a go at SL, LJ, Bristol Sport, Mark Ashton, the board, etc etc etc etc etc.

Maybe admitting you were wrong is something our board should learn from @Ivorguy?

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Love your posts mate but easier to attack the poster than the post?

Just because LJ played for us and is a nice guy, seems to get him some sort of bizarre immunity. Let's just be absolutely and totally clear. Regardless of selling Kodjia, we have spent five times what ANY other City manager has ever spent, in one season, and yet we have a manager who has done absolutely nothing in football as a manager, has an appalling record, and people are okay with him spending money and figuring it all out at some unspecified point in future.

I have done a lot in business and the idea of someone without experience or achievement being given the tools he has been given, to operate way above the level he has earned, and doing a consistently terrible job, and no one saying anything or doing anything, is laughable. I've tried every possible answer and the only logical conclusion is that the owner (who has earned the right to do what he likes) has got the puppet he wanted. No other reasonable answer to this.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Smith & Magners I'd agree Spud 

Matthews ? GON ? not sure 

Either horrendously injury prone or something else - If they are going to play how he wants and will put in a shift I agree they would be in - time will tell !

:fingerscrossed:

Neither would ever be played if it was lack of desire fella.

No player isn't going to put in a shift...it would only go against them by any other manager looking on.

GoN wouldn't be on the bench if things weren't patched up.

Don't get me wrong...at full time today, my thoughts were 'the last thing I want to see or hear tonight, is LJ talking calmly about decision making and mistakes etc'...I actually hated him for a brief moment. Then came to my senses and realised it was frustration and anger taking over.

He ain't perfect and neither are the players...but he's bright enough to know that we need better quality.

I can see many being moved on in the summer. Some just aren't good enough.

Anyone watching week in, week out, will see who it is, and who are good enough.

No problem with desire at the moment, just lack of ability with certain players.

GK, RB,LB, LM, RM.....we need players in those positions now, that would be first choice pics. Everyone in those positions in the team are squad like players imo...or injured.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

Amongst so many others.

Ignoring your uncallled for personal comments if you read more than one post I said earlier that the mark of a good happy clapper and a good owner is to accept mistakes and then act to put them right

Don't believe your contribution has added to the debate.

Some of us believe there is something fundamentally wrong with Bristol Sport

You are more than entitled to your opinion if you present it without abuse, as we who share a different view. My original post on this thread has 10 likes, so I am not alone in my opinions

Archived