IGNORED

Poor show all round

Ivorguy

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I think you're supporting the wrong club mate, if you think our rightful place is anything more than that. 

Can I ask what your basis for mocking those achievements are..?

Or was that just (maybe, I don't know) an excuse not to actually bother going..?

No rightful place at all, we need to deserve it.  Would be nice if we did for once, we've been for splashing the cash enough.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Any respectable manager would have fallen on his sword by 5pm.

No other manager in our history has taken us to the new low of 7 consecutive defeats.

Poor show Lee, resign now with dignity

Any half decent owner or Board would have made the difficult decision by 6pm.

Come on Board, get your act together

I really despair of Bristol Sport and all the pr spin nonsense, which is getting us precisely nowhere.

I want a proper club back, PLEASE, run by men with some honour and guts. Bristol South End anyone, or my other favourite Bristol league team of the past, WarmleyFC! At least Warmley played with spirit!!!

Lovely use of "poor show," Ivor. In an age where everyone's a "****" and we're always getting "dicked" and Johnson can "do one" or "**** off," how good to see some manners and old-time charm.

Some ripe posts in this thread! Maybe it was getting late or something. Thing is, supporting City week in week out regardless of the entertainment on offer is fine for people of a certain disposition...maybe it's their routine, maybe all their mates go, maybe they walk to the match and live around the corner...whatever. Good for them. But I doubt there are enough of those people to come anywhere near filling a 27k stadium.

Yesterday my two sons and I travelled from Oxfordshire, London...and pity my youngest son...Cardiff. Cost us a few bob in rail fares and petrol. Took all day. Parked in the Portway park & ride...costs us £12 return on a bus that we waited the best part of an hour for on the way back. I left home at 9, got home at 4. Entertainment? Two cracking goals and a depressing capitulation. If I wasn't as wedded to the club  would I go to the next game?...most certainly not!

Let's not forget that this is an entertainment business and people can walk. I don't mind admitting that so poor were the Millen/McInnes/SOD years, the lame resignation to tosh football week in week out and a slow slide back into League One, that I went from 20-30 matches a season to one or two. Cancelled my ST. Other more rewarding things in my life took over...like family. I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm pretty neutral on Bristol Sport - just a marketing tag in my opinion - but if SL truly wants to establish top flight sport in Bristol and fill his stadium he needs to get his finger out and get the football and rugby sorted...no one gives two hoots about Basketball...or, heavens above, Badminton! 

As for yesterday...to echo the OP...poor show all round.

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread which I started post match

Hope our glorious leaders read it and act - after all WE are the club not them.  The club and fans will exist when they are long gone.  And many of those future fans will be 5th generation like my 4 year old grandson .

CTID.  BS Never !

Archived