IGNORED

Fielding

Shuffle

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Get the new big German in as soon as we can as in the last two games at home FF has had 7 shots on target and let in 6! Now not saying all were his fault but come on thats a minimum of  2 points in 2 games if not 4!!

If it's not his fault it wouldn't  matter who was in goal 

He's a good shot stopper but his lack of height is a major disadvantage when it comes to crosses. A taller keeper would have gone for the cross that gave Cardiff their second goal.

I still feel sorry for RO'D who was a major part of our good form last season. As for Lucic, he looks like an accident waiting to happen, of the Claudio Bravo type.

Another keeper in addition to Max O'Leary would take us to 5 goalies on the books. Perhaps we should ditch the defence and play all 5 at once!!

You can say the keeper should come out, which is fair enough, but in any case to allow your man to get goalside of you as the ball comes in is pathetic defending at the second tier of the English professional game. 

Can't remember ever having used 4 keepers in one season before (as looks likey will happen). Did we use Basso, Weale, Henderson and Ruddy in the same season or am I remembering wrong?

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just saw second goal again its poor from bryan not sure he can be blamed for that

not so sure - agree, it was a string of errors, from Little and Brownhill letting the bloke cross at his liesure, Flint missing the header, Bryan letting his man get in front, but Frankie - no movement, caught utterly flat footed.

7 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Not the massive pessimist, but also just prior to the penalty being given away he should of claimed the ball from the initial cross. He does that and little is not in a position to be trying to win the ball back on his own 18.

FF certainly doesn't command his box in the way that other goalkeepers do or have done in the past. 

6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

You can say the keeper should come out, which is fair enough, but in any case to allow your man to get goalside of you as the ball comes in is pathetic defending at the second tier of the English professional game. 

Can't remember ever having used 4 keepers in one season before (as looks likey will happen). Did we use Basso, Weale, Henderson and Ruddy in the same season or am I remembering wrong?

The 41 year old Basso saved a penalty against Worcester today for FC United, get him back!!!

12 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

He's a good shot stopper but his lack of height is a major disadvantage when it comes to crosses. A taller keeper would have gone for the cross that gave Cardiff their second goal.

I still feel sorry for RO'D who was a major part of our good form last season. As for Lucic, he looks like an accident waiting to happen, of the Claudio Bravo type.

Another keeper in addition to Max O'Leary would take us to 5 goalies on the books. Perhaps we should ditch the defence and play all 5 at once!!

Think a new one would take us to six  :wacko:(Source - GrahamC !!!)

Fielding's had it I'm afraid.

With his obvious injury, ROD should have started last week. It would've given him a chance to stake a claim and give him some much needed confidence & FF more time to recover.

That's poor decision making by the coach.

He has the twitch muscle of a slug...He has no 'spring' or 'jump'...very laboured. He struggled to punch the ball off someone's head yesterday...they could actually get their head as high as his fist....very poor at this level. When diving...watch his legs and feet...it's almost like he falls to the side to dive, rather than 'spring'. So many points lost this season through poor goalkeeping.

His positives....good reactions and close range shot stopper....other than that...

49 minutes ago, shelts said:

We all knew we needed a keeper at the start of the season. LJ didn't ?!

To be fair, most people were happy with ROD at the start of the season and his good performances last season since joining.  I don't disagree that both keepers aren't good enough for a promotion chasing team, but I didn't expect us to be that.

51 minutes ago, shelts said:

We all knew we needed a keeper at the start of the season. LJ didn't ?!

I said before season started we need to improve that area. ROD was OK for us back end of last season, nothing spectacular, couldnt get into Wigan's team. It has come back to haunt us now.

Archived