IGNORED

I've slept on it...

brizzlelou

...and I still think we need a new man at the helm. I was fuming yesterday! Sooo angry! I thought that maybe I was over reacting yesterday so I cooled myself down and reassessed it today. Still need a new guy I'm afraid. That line up yesterday kind of summed up LJ and the terrible streak we've been on...feckless and all over the place. I like LJ as a bloke, he is genuinely a lovely guy having met him a fair few times but he's out of his depth here. Maybe he took/was offered the job a couple of years too early?

So, if he does go (which I can only assume is when not if) who replaces him?

I thought about it quite a bit last night (not that it has any effect whatsoever on the outcome) and came up with a list of 4 guys who realistically could be the new man in town. 

1. Steve Clark - Not my first choice despite numerical order. Did a good job at West Brom and was treated a bit badly there in my opinion. Only problem is has he been assistant too much?

2. Brian McDermott - Good run as Reading manager first time around and has decent championship experience. Good eye for a bit of talent what with scouting on the side aswell. 

3. Uwe Rösler - Fast attacking and aggressive football! He even compared his own style of play as Heavy metal music! Not going to be a massive yes man, not going to be a pushover. I really liked the way he had Brentford playing when he was there and I think that this could be a great appointment. My personal favourite.

4 - Gary Rowett - I thought to myself at first that this was ridiculous thinking but then I thought WHY? He's not being sought after by the likes of Real and Barca and has managed Burton and Birmingham! It could be a choice between us or forest and if I were him ,and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, we look the better prospect at the moment. We are both around the foot of the table but at least with City he would have a owner who is guaranteed to give him money to spend. In my eyes we are the more stable of the two clubs. So yeah, why not Rowett?

Sorry to open ANOTHER thread regarding LJ but thought I'd see what people's opinions are of my shortlist.

2 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

...and I still think we need a new man at the helm. I was fuming yesterday! Sooo angry! I thought that maybe I was over reacting yesterday so I cooled myself down and reassessed it today. Still need a new guy I'm afraid. That line up yesterday kind of summed up LJ and the terrible streak we've been on...feckless and all over the place. I like LJ as a bloke, he is genuinely a lovely guy having met him a fair few times but he's out of his depth here. Maybe he took/was offered the job a couple of years too early?

So, if he does go (which I can only assume is when not if) who replaces him?

I thought about it quite a bit last night (not that it has any effect whatsoever on the outcome) and came up with a list of 4 guys who realistically could be the new man in town. 

1. Steve Clark - Not my first choice despite numerical order. Did a good job at West Brom and was treated a bit badly there in my opinion. Only problem is has he been assistant too much?

2. Brian McDermott - Good run as Reading manager first time around and has decent championship experience. Good eye for a bit of talent what with scouting on the side aswell. 

3. Uwe Rösler - Fast attacking and aggressive football! He even compared his own style of play as Heavy metal music! Not going to be a massive yes man, not going to be a pushover. I really liked the way he had Brentford playing when he was there and I think that this could be a great appointment. My personal favourite.

4 - Gary Rowett - I thought to myself at first that this was ridiculous thinking but then I thought WHY? He's not being sought after by the likes of Real and Barca! It could be a choice between us or forest and if I were him ,and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, we look the better prospect at the moment. We are both around the foot of the table but at least with City he would have a owner who is guaranteed to give him money to spend. In my eyes we are the more stable of the two clubs. So yeah, why not Rowett?

Sorry to open ANOTHER thread regarding LJ but thought I'd see what people's opinions are of my shortlist.

Take it you didn't watch the fa cup game last week then?

Fast attacking and aggressive football it certainly was not!

Nigel Adkins is available, as is Billy Davies , Gary Rowett, Alan Pardew, Malky Makay,    Nigel Pearson all of whom have achieved promotions. Plenty of good overseas coaches too. The fact is we need someone to organise us and get the best out of an under performing squad. Someone else mentioned Mick McCarthy. Mick has done a good job at Ipswich with a quarter of the funds LJ has spent. There are many better options out there. Fact is LJ is going nowhere. Even if we lose the next 7. He's here for life! 

Johnson's failure is inevitable.... he is plucked from a midtable side in League 1 and asked to manage in the Championship, in which he has no experience. He is way out of his depth and our run at the end of last season owed much to a tightening of the formation and some very good January deals. I think most of this was done before he jetted in. I know that SC was already after Tomlin.  Yes, LJ takes the credit for that revival...but I think we are now seeing the real LJ and he is not getting the best out of a very talented squad on paper. I cannot recall a team of this calibre - at least on paper. I have seen all home games and most away this season and LJ has changed the team on a game by game basis. We have changed the formation so frequently that he has obviously been trying them out on Football Manager. The guy is clueless and I cannot understand why the so called "football people" above cannot see it. You live or die by your selections and he has made some truly awful decisions:

1. Playing Adam Matthews at CB when we have the English Youth Captain in the stands doing commentary!

2. Playing Calum O'Dowda as the number 10 when we have Tomlin, Reid and Paterson twiddling their thumbs.....

3. Not playing Engvall ( yes, 2.5 million Engvall)

I could go on but it becomes too depressing.....I think LJ has lost the players. More of a fight was put up by SC's team who were vastly inferior to the current crop. If only SC had been given 15 million to spend.....We had 8 million quid sitting on the bench yesterday.... enough is enough of this joker.  

We needed an experienced manager not rookies. The board fail time and time again. Their DNA is going to be extinct pretty soon and back to League One we go..... If you ask me some of the names being thrown around are no better than LJ. I think we would need candidates of the following calibre:

1. Mick McCarthy (has a great record and is doing wonders at a bang average team with no money or resources. What could he do with our lot I wonder). He also has Terry Connor who knows the club. Ipswich fans should be grateful to have him. He is a class and proven manager at this level).

2. Mark Wharburton (done a great job at Brentford and Rangers... surely would jump at the chance to come back to English football).

3. Chris Coleman (he was at the Gate yesterday and I sat next to him! Done a good job with Fulham and Wales. Has experience of the Premier League).

4. Michael O'Neill (Great job with Northern Ireland and use to working in lower leagues. Has champions league experience in Ireland).

5. Roy Hodgson (No doubting his pedigree. Could he be tempted back to City for one last hurrah - maybe).

The point is that these are the calibre of managers we should be after - not untested, inexperienced managers. OK, there may be some occasions where the untested manager comes off but we don't exactly have a track record of finding them... do we? Any of these would be an improvement on LJ. I suspect all would work within our current structure..... I personally would go for Mick as the Ipswich fans want him out and we may offer him the carrot and better opportunities for another crack at the PL

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We are an absolute laughing stock north of the river

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8977/replace-city-championship

So, we're a laughing stock north of the river and have been for 2-3 months...they've been a laughing stock for the last 16 years.

Thing is, we're really sh*t at the moment but still far better than they've ever been and in a league they can only dream of competing in.

5 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

So, we're a laughing stock north of the river and have been for 2-3 months...they've been a laughing stock for the last 16 years.

Thing is, we're really sh*t at the moment but still far better than they've ever been and in a league they can only dream of competing in.

The thing is if that's the extent of our ambition - to be better than Rovers - we might as well pack it in.

We achieved that ages ago.

I want more than that. I want us to be stable and consistent. I want decent football and players who can attack and defend. I want to see us become an established Championship club (not just team) who will get promotion to the Premiership.

Rome wasn't built in a day. LJ might have f*****d up in recent months but I think he has it in him to help us along that journey - even if he doesn't complete it, or even if it might seem unlikely at the moment.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

In my opinion we shall keep LJ. To save his face SL is likely to invest heavily before the end of the month. What we need is better players.

If it's all about better players then you wouldn't need a manager, we already have very good players.

We need a manager who knows how to mould a side, tactically set them up, motivate them, and get the best out of them.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Nigel Adkins is available, as is Billy Davies , Gary Rowett, Alan Pardew, Malky Makay,    Nigel Pearson all of whom have achieved promotions. Plenty of good overseas coaches too. The fact is we need someone to organise us and get the best out of an under performing squad. Someone else mentioned Mick McCarthy. Mick has done a good job at Ipswich with a quarter of the funds LJ has spent. There are many better options out there. Fact is LJ is going nowhere. Even if we lose the next 7. He's here for life! 

Billy Davies? Malky Mackay?! 

2 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Yes and At this rate they will ! 

I'm revering to our foundations rather than league position, 27,000 plus all seated stadium, a owner how supports the club 100% not some foreign investor who never heard of the club up to 12 months ago. We are in a position to be more successful than them and over time we will be, I have no worries about that. So as long as they play there football between four cow sheds we will always have the last laugh :yes: !!!!!!

3 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Johnson's failure is inevitable.... he is plucked from a midtable side in League 1 and asked to manage in the Championship, in which he has no experience. He is way out of his depth and our run at the end of last season owed much to a tightening of the formation and some very good January deals. I think most of this was done before he jetted in. I know that SC was already after Tomlin.  Yes, LJ takes the credit for that revival...but I think we are now seeing the real LJ and he is not getting the best out of a very talented squad on paper. I cannot recall a team of this calibre - at least on paper. I have seen all home games and most away this season and LJ has changed the team on a game by game basis. We have changed the formation so frequently that he has obviously been trying them out on Football Manager. The guy is clueless and I cannot understand why the so called "football people" above cannot see it. You live or die by your selections and he has made some truly awful decisions:

1. Playing Adam Matthews at CB when we have the English Youth Captain in the stands doing commentary!

2. Playing Calum O'Dowda as the number 10 when we have Tomlin, Reid and Paterson twiddling their thumbs.....

3. Not playing Engvall ( yes, 2.5 million Engvall)

I could go on but it becomes too depressing.....I think LJ has lost the players. More of a fight was put up by SC's team who were vastly inferior to the current crop. If only SC had been given 15 million to spend.....We had 8 million quid sitting on the bench yesterday.... enough is enough of this joker.  

We needed an experienced manager not rookies. The board fail time and time again. Their DNA is going to be extinct pretty soon and back to League One we go..... If you ask me some of the names being thrown around are no better than LJ. I think we would need candidates of the following calibre:

1. Mick McCarthy (has a great record and is doing wonders at a bang average team with no money or resources. What could he do with our lot I wonder). He also has Terry Connor who knows the club. Ipswich fans should be grateful to have him. He is a class and proven manager at this level).

2. Mark Wharburton (done a great job at Brentford and Rangers... surely would jump at the chance to come back to English football).

3. Chris Coleman (he was at the Gate yesterday and I sat next to him! Done a good job with Fulham and Wales. Has experience of the Premier League).

4. Michael O'Neill (Great job with Northern Ireland and use to working in lower leagues. Has champions league experience in Ireland).

5. Roy Hodgson (No doubting his pedigree. Could he be tempted back to City for one last hurrah - maybe).

The point is that these are the calibre of managers we should be after - not untested, inexperienced managers. OK, there may be some occasions where the untested manager comes off but we don't exactly have a track record of finding them... do we? Any of these would be an improvement on LJ. I suspect all would work within our current structure..... I personally would go for Mick as the Ipswich fans want him out and we may offer him the carrot and better opportunities for another crack at the PL

Are you still asleep and dreaming?  None of those would come here. Not one.

Archived