IGNORED

FAO Lee Johnson

Redmycolour

58 minutes ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

There was never any bitterness or sour grapes. 99% of Barnsley fans were unmoved when he jumped ship. The only gripe was the lack of loyalty he showed. But, as I've said countless times on here, I don't blame him for going, it ticked many boxes for him. 

But you're right pal, so many Bristol City fans on here were mocking us, calling us bitter, telling us to suck it up, proclaiming LJ their God. Etc Etc. 

Sparse now aren't they?

I still suggest they get/stay behind him. He's going nowhere. And, he turned around our record equalling run of defeats. Absolutely no guarantee the new man will be any better long term. Lee should be backed until the summer. It will get better. He's playing Brownhill at last. That should help. Bizarre foreign signings is worrying though. That's new at least. We never saw that. But losing games late on is all too familiar. 

FTR, no sense of pleasure here. Our club is going through some troubling times seemingly. But we expected as much. This division is ridiculously weighted towards money, just like the Prem. We are taking the piss being 10th. Obvious we'd lose our best players. Interesting month this one. 

Did he fall out with lots of your players though, as is being alleged here?

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My point was you didn't 'know' shit. You just had a personal preconception that just happened to be right. But you only know that with hindsight. 

It had nothing to do with knowledge. 

It's not hard to predict that a manager will struggle or leave either one day..

It's stating the bloody obvious

1 hour ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

There was never any bitterness or sour grapes. 99% of Barnsley fans were unmoved when he jumped ship. The only gripe was the lack of loyalty he showed. But, as I've said countless times on here, I don't blame him for going, it ticked many boxes for him. 

But you're right pal, so many Bristol City fans on here were mocking us, calling us bitter, telling us to suck it up, proclaiming LJ their God. Etc Etc. 

Sparse now aren't they?

I still suggest they get/stay behind him. He's going nowhere. And, he turned around our record equalling run of defeats. Absolutely no guarantee the new man will be any better long term. Lee should be backed until the summer. It will get better. He's playing Brownhill at last. That should help. Bizarre foreign signings is worrying though. That's new at least. We never saw that. But losing games late on is all too familiar. 

FTR, no sense of pleasure here. Our club is going through some troubling times seemingly. But we expected as much. This division is ridiculously weighted towards money, just like the Prem. We are taking the piss being 10th. Obvious we'd lose our best players. Interesting month this one. 

Good honest post, good luck with yours!

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My point was you didn't 'know' shit. You just had a personal preconception that just happened to be right. But you only know that with hindsight. 

It had nothing to do with knowledge. 

You are right, I don't think I do know "shit", whatever that means.

But I do know it wasn't a preconception and it isn't now hindsight. I stated why he would fail IMO, with reason.

Which by the sound of things, is proving to be correct. Not a leader, not a man manager.

Talks the talk, and the board were taken in, IMO.

19 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

It's not hard to predict that a manager will struggle or leave either one day..

It's stating the bloody obvious

Except I stated why I thought he would fail, whereas so many on here predicted he would be managing in the Premiership and even England one day!

The issue is not about being proven right about the manager or otherwise, more so with the wasted opportunity which had existed and the consequent mess, with once again an enormous squad purchased at unprecedented (for Bristol City) cost which will need to be culled.

Archived