IGNORED

The Blackbird song - please ban it

tinman85

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

It's a jinx of a song. Always leave the stadium feeling depressed after a late goal for the opposition. Then you hear that awful joke of a song which makes us a laughing stock. Please play something modern. We only want wurzels if we win! Drink up thy zider

Not often you and I agree on things mate but I`m 100% behind you on this. I hate the bloody thing and it makes me cringe walking out.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Personally I like the Blackbird song. It reflects the West Country just like Blaydon races reflects the North East.

AG is the only stadium where you hear it. It's exclusive to our club and confuses the hell out of the opposing fans.

Stick with it I say.

Don't see why the poor old blackbird should be the focus for our frustrations. It's not like it's making anyone feel any better. Same thing happened when we used to play that Coldplay song every time we lost.

Obviously booing & moaning followed by deafening silence would not be good either but have to agree I could do with a break from Adge and that blackbird!

The problem is any tune associated with failure is going to be disliked fairly quickly. Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack seems most apt at the moment but I really like it far too much for it to be sullied by BCFC ineptitude!

Samuel Barber's Adagio for strings might work a little better. Or REM's "Everybody Hurts." Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush's "Don't Give Up" better still.

What about Radiohead's "You're Getting Sacked In The Swanky New Boardroom"? That's a cheery one

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Personally I like the Blackbird song. It reflects the West Country just like Blaydon races reflects the North East.

AG is the only stadium where you hear it. It's exclusive to our club and confuses the hell out of the opposing fans.

Stick with it I say.

Love it. Don't want to see it go :(

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

It's a jinx of a song. Always leave the stadium feeling depressed after a late goal for the opposition. Then you hear that awful joke of a song which makes us a laughing stock. Please play something modern. We only want wurzels if we win! Drink up thy zider

Thee's Got'n Where Thee Cassn't Back'n Hassn't might me the only appropriate Wurzels song at the moment.

The Smiths, Heaven knows  i'm miserable now, Cemetary Gates, Asleep, i could go on.  What difference does it make?. That joke isn't funny anymore. Panic. I started something i couldn't finish.  there is a light that never goes out.  stop me if you think you've heard this one before

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It was a joke my second least favourite poster!

Why am I your second least favourite? Because I think the manager is dragging us down a level and out of his depth? Just speaking the truth my friend. Believe me i want him to do well cos I'm City through and through but how can anyone justify this run of form since October when he has spent millions and millions in the market, more than any of his predecessors and the majority of managers in this league? 

Archived